Book Discussion

Any thoughts?

1,808 Responses to “Book Discussion”

1 164 165 166
  1. M. Winkler says:

Would anyone like to help me with an interview I’m doing for a college paper? I’m doing it over the CotFSM to learn more about it, with undertones of interest in joining. If you’re willing to help out, just email me at [email protected], thanks guys and gals.

2. Will says:

preach

3. S. Ellis in canada- says:

I am concerned about safety in my place of prayer as GSM came to me in a telling nightmare?mi don’t know what is the best plan of action. GSM was concerned there was not enough basil and garlic powder to spice the pasta…althought he did say I could use seawater to boil the pasta in, I find it very concerning that the cost òf peppee-uncrushed was in world wide shortages. I have concerns let me know if you know of what to do…thwnk you Shane

4. Makenna says:

I believe this is the biggest joke known to man. Jesus is the father up above i think you all need to think of this long and hard. God will come back to get and his followers and you all will be cast in the lake of fire just sayin.

• Keith says:

“I believe this is the biggest joke known to man.”
      No, there are bigger jokes. Some of them are huge and some of them are not funny: North Korea is one.

” Jesus is the father up above i think you all need to think of this long and hard.”
      Is this supposed to be one sentence? Firstly, you make a positive assertion. If you are going to come to our site and do this you will need to produce something that vaguely approximates evidence. “I” is a capitalized pronoun. When referring to the self it is never written in lower case.
      Most of us have thought long and hard about Christianity. As a result we are no longer (or have never been) Christians.

” God will come back to get and his followers and you all will be cast in the lake of fire just sayin.”
      You have made another positive assertion without any evidence.
      “Sayin” actually ends with a “g”. It is a present participle.

• Makenna says:

Wow keith do you feel like a man now that you said that. you’re just a big jerk if you cant handle what I have to say then don’t have a comment box JUST SAYIN!!!

• Micah says:

I think he’s an English teacher

• Keith says:

Makenna: Your response indicates that you cannot handle criticism either. You can post whatever you want here. If you proudly display your ignorance on your sleeve then do not expect people to praise your wisdom.

• Captain Birdseye says:

Makenna, just because you believe something does not mean it’s true.

• Moira says:

We must have patience with poor Makenna, Keith, for ’tis clear that Makenna has not yet felt His Noodliness’s noodly caresses. Of course, since the FSM isn’t some candidate for the Alabama Senate seat, he doesn’t go around laying his noodles on everybody just because he can, y’know.

Anyway, Makenna is right that we should think about this long and hard – I certainly did, which is what led to me becoming Pastafarian, and maybe when Makenna does, she too will join us in the celebration of All Things Pasta. And if not, then perhaps the FSM in his Infinite Noodly Wisdom & Mercy will allow her God to come and get her.

Although, how she could mistake beer volcanoes and a stripper factory for a lake of fire does mystify me. Do you suppose she was actually looking at the luau pit?

• Makenna says:

i have changed my ways Moria could we drink together sometimes?

5. Micah says:

Oh my goodness this is insane. There is only One True King, the Lord above, and the FSM is not it. Like what the heck where does this even come from. Spaghetti is food, not a god. I mean geez.

• Keith says:

More positive assertions without evidence. The utterance “geeze” is actually a short form of saying “Jesus”. Since Jesus and Jehova are the same thing you have just broken the third commandment of the ad hoc list compiled from the 600 odd commandments in the Old Testament.

• Micah says:

Without evidence? How do you even have evidence of freaking spaghetti? They only spaghetti I worship and believe in is Chef Boyardee. I love my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I am not perfect but He loves me anyways. I’m allowed to speak my opinion and I can believe in whatever I want, just like y’all and your spaghetti monster.

• Keith says:

Read the “About” section regarding this site. Yes indeed, you can believe what you want. The difference between you and me is that I don’t go to Christian websites to proselytise.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

There’s another difference, Keith. You’re not a fucking idiot.

• Captain Birdseye says:

Micah, you forgot to provide evidence: What lord? Saved from what? How can a dead person love you?

• Makenna says:

actually keith really is

• Micah says:

The point being is I like to hear everyone’s opinions. You all believe whatever you want, I just want to be kind and express opinions. I just don’t understand how spaghetti has became to be apart of believing in spiritually.

• Captain Birdseye says:

Micah, is this ‘spirituallity’ you mention a type of sensation, or, an elitist thought? Most people haven’t a clue as to how a blood-lusting god, a zombie and an apocalyptic scenario could play any part in a spiritual experience.

• Apprentice Frederic says:

Three. Wise guys. From. Gotham.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Keith, it seems that at last the great Southern land is being dragged, albeit kicking and screaming, into the modern world.

I was in Adelaide last weekend, for the first time. I was struck by how conservative it seemed. Is that a false impression? I’m not willing to judge an entire state just because it produced Corgi Bernadi.

• Keith says:

SKW: Speaking from the gay point of view I think Adelaide is a fairly liberal area (meaning we are pretty free and easy). The Pride march was well attended although I haven’t seen the stats yet.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSiru0gkKhQ
          We also have a Rainbow Walk which gives a timeline of gay law reform in SA.
          http://australianpridenetwork.com.au/adelaide-welcomes-new-pride-walk/
          South Australia was the first state in Australia to decriminalize homosexuality.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Thanks, Keith.

I’m glad that I could get an actually informed point of view! It was a lovely city, bloody hot though! The wine made it worth it though.

Yarrgh!

• Keith says:

Oh, there is plenty of wine. My common typical wine is from “The Wine Men of Gotham”. The lable has someone on it who looks very much like Charles Fort.

6. Excelsior says:

Dear Fundies,
    Before you start making fun of the Spaghetti God think of your “immaculate conception” God! Did you know that there is more magic in the Bible than in Anderson and Grimm altogether? Did you read that verse where sticks thrown on the ground turn into snakes and the good snake eats up all the bad snakes? You probably missed it because you were cherry-picking! Now go back and collect all those hundreds of sour cherries that you overlooked when you read the Bible. Since you are betting your after life on the Bible then read it carefully!

• Captain Birdseye says:

Excelsior, one of my favourite Wholly Babble stories is where hundreds of zombies climbed out of their graves and wandered into town. Obviously, their relatives didn’t feel the need to add another line to their epitaphs when they re-buried them, nor diarists who thought it worth noting.

• Excelsior says:

Capt. Birdseye,
        Hey, that’s real cool about the zombies! I guess I missed it on cherry picking! Please give me chapter and verse. I want to put that into my next Sunday sermon!

• Keith says:

Here you go:

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Zombies/

Cap’n Birdseye is probably talking about Matthew 27:51 – 27:53.

• Captain Birdseye says:

One would assume that people would notice zombies, and need some complex Roman paperwork to deal with it.
          When will there be brimstone in your sermon?

• Captain Birdseye says:

Keith, thanks for an excellent search tool. I would never have been able to find the quote.

• Makenna says:

did anyone ask for your opinion I think not so bye.

• Excelsior says:

Dear Keith,
        Thanks. You can find anything you want in the Babble. It depends on how you cherry-pick! Not only Jews, Christians, Muslims, Mormons, etc. believers get their inspiration from the Babble. Atheists, Agnostics, Humanists, Pantheists, etc. are also fond of the babble. However, they pick only the sour/rotten cherries that the believers never read! It’s interesting to note that in the Civil war Jefferson Davis said they were fighting a “holy war” to preserve “slavery which is sanctioned in the Bible from Genesis to Revelations!”

• Keith says:

Dear Excelsior: Yes indeed, The Civil War was a religious war brought about by Charles the First’s insistence on the divine right of Kings. :-)

7. Excelsior says:

Keith,
    Man was not created in the image of God, it was God (not including the FSM) who was created in the image of man! Thomas Jefferson said that God is narcississtic, jealous, cruel, selfish, capricious, mean, stupid, vindictive, etc. He apes a human King sitting on his throne ordering everyone around and punishing anyone who doesn’t worship him to the everlasting fires of Hell! Thank God (sic.) that we have an FSM to worship who has non of these evil traits!

8. Patroller says:

Disabled toilet. Where is Kekka?

1 164 165 166

Leave a Reply