Help us get the word out about I, Pastafari

Published May 2nd, 2019 by Bobby Henderson

Hey everyone, we need your help to get the word out about I, Pastafari: A Flying Spaghetti Monster Story.

Filmmaker Mike Arthur did a great job – he captured the true spirit of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Pastafarian heroes Bruder Spaghettus and Niko Alm are both featured, making the case for freedom of religion and equal treatment under the law. The documentary also shows some of the ongoing court battles we’re involved in. I was impressed with the scope of it, and I want to help Mike get this film seen by the world.

Specifically we need help with two things:

1) Getting the documentary admitted into festivals

2) Finding a distributor

What we need you to do is:

Make a post/tweet on May 2 (International Scurvy Awareness Day) sharing the trailer of the film, with the tags of the film festival’s social media.

That’s the idea. We help get the word out on May 2, the film gets admitted into festivals, it finds a distributor, and the world is able to see what Pastafarianism is all about.

Below is Mike’s detailed instructions / explanation. Please let me or Mike know if you have questions and so forth. Thanks everyone. – bobby

Calling all Pastafarians!

Our God doesn’t require sacrifices, but will you sacrifice 1 minute of your time for an indie Pastafarian filmmaker on the holiest of Pastafarian holidays – International Scurvy Awareness Day?

On May 2nd, 2019 (no need to share anything before that specific date), help the trailer of I, PASTAFARI get in front of a few key documentary film festivals (IDFA, DOK Leipzig, & DOC NYC) by sharing it on Facebook & Twitter (links below) and tagging the festivals social media handle, to show these festival directors that there IS a hunger for this real life pasta story. The more posts/tweets they see, the more likely they will give this film serious consideration to screen at their festival. If hundreds of pastafarians do it together on the same day (May 2nd, anytime), it will be hard for any festival director to ignore.

For example….

*FACEBOOK*

Step 1) First go to the FACEBOOK Trailer here: bit.ly/2I7Npsq

Step 2) Click “SHARE”

Step 3) Add this message…

@DOCNYCfest @idfa.nl @DOKLeipzig please select @ipastafaridoc for your 2019 festival! #FSM #FlyingSpaghettiMonster #Pastafarian

*TWITTER*

Step 1) First go to the TWITTER Trailer here: twitter.com/ipastafaridoc/status/1094578270471966720

Step 2) Retweet it with the below message…

@DOCNYCfest @idfa @DOK_Leipzig please select @ipastafaridoc for your 2019 festival! #FSM #FlyingSpaghettiMonster #Pastafarian

If sharing/retweeting is giving you issues, you can always just compose your own post/tweet and add the Vimeo trailer here:

vimeo.com/279827959
Just be sure to tag the festival’s social media handle!

R’Amen
Mike
Filmmaker
I, Pastafari Documentary
www.ipastafaridoc.com

243 Responses to “Help us get the word out about I, Pastafari”

1. TheBadass says:

FUCK YOU SOYBOYS AND TRANNY ENABLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GIVE UP ON YOU ALL!!!! I KNOW MORE ABOUT EVERYTHING THAN YOU AND ARE TRIGGERED THAT IM RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BYE!

• Jane the Sparrowist says:

As a Bisexual Trans woman. All I can say is that you’re making a moron out of yourself. “I know more everything than you” Ah! The dunning-kurger effect. “Triggered” Oh the irony! I love how online righties claim that liberals and lefties are “SnOwFLakeS” and then, flip out when a TV show, movie, or video game has a gay or trans character.

• Keith says:

I’ll bet you are really cute when you are angry.

2. Cameron says:

Hell yeah I love Spaghetti

3. Captain B says:

We seem to have had a rare bit of Moderator activity. GTB appears to have kissed the gunner’s daughter.

• Jane the Sparrowist says:

GTB will probably whine about his ‘fReEze PEaCh’ being oppressed in the same way, Steven Crowder whine about being ‘CeNSoREd’ when his videos that made gay & ethic jokes about a vox writer were demonetized.

• Jane the Sparrowist says:

*ethnic

• Captain B says:

Jane, I think that free speech is the only way forward (bar obstructing traffic, public nuisance, obscene, etc). The public then witness obnoxious idiots and are fully entitled to ridicule them. Muslim fundies in Europe demonstrated against free speech which they perceived as critical, ironically, by using free speech to do so.
        England classifies the US televangelist/religious stuff as obscene, which free speech does not cover.
        This space is Bobby’s and he may eject whoever he likes.

• Captain B says:

I am following with interest the Folau case and Australia’s attempt to form Religious Freedom laws, where lobbyists seek, primarily, to protect Christian bigotry. They seem to need shared bigotry as some sort of empowering exercise, in a futile attempt to regain relevance. Luckily, the Curse of Ham was exported.
          I have no problem with them keeping it behind closed doors, but, as soon as they take it into public places, I expect to have exactly the same protection to denounce my employer for their choosing to go to FSM Hell. I also expect the right to drink beer on Fridays and not get sacked for observing my religious belief.

4. Great Trump Boy says:

WHY DID THE MODS REMOVE MY COMMENTS?!?!? ALL OF YOU KNOW IM RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING AND IT CLEARLY DRIVES YOU ALL INSANE!!!! CULTURAL MARXIST SJW SCUM LIKE YOU ALL NEED TO BURN IN HELL!!!!!! JANE!!! MAY THEIR BE A DAY WHEN YOU AND YOUR FELLOW “”””TRAN””””SEXUALS BURN IN HELL FOREVER!!!!!!! B AND KEITH!!!! I HOPE TO SEE THE YOU ALL BURN IN HELL TOO!!!!!! BYE COMMUNIST SCUM!!!!

• Jane the Sparrowist says:

“Cultural marxist” Ah! The classic right wing conspiracy theory! youtube.com/watch?v=qlrpSpwxgWw “Burn in hell” I, as a Jewish Atheist, Bisexual, Trans girl, Vegan, and Leftist, think that fundies make hell sound pretty awesome.

• Captain B says:

That’s nice, Jane. My ship’s cook is a trisexual, fundamentalist, vegan cannibal.

• Jane the Sparrowist says:

Okay B. Your comment actually made me laugh. :)

• bruceo says:

*I’M
      *THERE
      (“THE YOU”?)

• Great Trump Boy says:

FUCK YOU GRAMMER NAZI!!! I HOPE TO SEE THE DAY YOU BURN IN HELL TOO!!!!!!

• Jane the Sparrowist says:

Take a chill pill already.

• bruceo says:

*GRAMMAR

• Captain B says:

Don’t bother, Jane: it’s a boring, useless, fundie idiot. Conservative Christians are a whining group of irredeemable bigots, misogynists, xenophobes, forced birthers, corporate criminals, warmongers, Bible nazis ….. and the narcissistic psychopath Donald Trump. They are an embarrassment to decent US citizens and the rest of the World.

• Captain B says:

Your comments are removed from everywhere you go because you’re an idiot.

• Great Trump Boy says:

FUCK YOU LIBTARD!!!! I HOPE TO SEE THE DAY WHEN YOU AND YOUR “”” TRANS””” SEXUAL JANE, BURN IN THE DEEPEST PARTS OF HELL FOREVER!!!!

• Jane the Sparowist says:

Why do fundies seem to have a unique form of psychopathy towards trans people like myself?

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Threatening us with hell is like a hippy threatening to punch me in the aura.

• Captain B says:

Jane, watch the videos of a famous old experiment called something like ‘Blue eyes/Brown eyes’, which demonstrates how some people exploit any differences between people in order to create in-group cohesion. Christians are masters at exploiting the phenomenon. In short, they need to be bigots.

• Jane the Sparowist says:

B, I looked up Blue eyes/Brown eyes, and it sure does show how groups like fundies can cause their members to become bigots. Also, ‘Philosophy Tube’ and ‘Shaun’ have great videos analyzing transphobia and why it exist. https://youtu.be/yCxqdhZkxCo https://youtu.be/91_5OOmK1TQ

• Captain B says:

Jane, I think the key problem with the fundie’s mindset is that it’s parasitic: they attempt to feel good at other’s expense.

5. Great Trump Boy says:

FUCK YOU BRUCEO!!! WHY DO YOU EVEN COMMENT!!!

• bruceo says:

Your second sentence should end with a question mark, not three exclamation points.

• Great Trump Boy says:

Fuck you!!! Why are you correcting my grammar?!?

• Captain B says:

Because humans have the unique capacity of language – except for you and your fundie ilk. Your inability to spell, write grammatically, find the CapsLock key or even value communication skills, demonstrates that you are a h0mesk00led credulous idiot, with nothing of value to say. Stay in your bunker and don’t bother getting a passport.

• bruceo says:

If I don’t correct you, how would you ever improve?

6. Captain B says:

I call poe: anti-trump troll poe: no one could be so stupid unintentionally.

7. Great Trump Boy says:

JANE!!! EVEN THOUGH YOU WANT TO CHOP YOUR DICK AND TAKE ESTROGEN, YOU ARE A MAN!!!!!!!! GOD CREATED YOU TO BE A MAN!!!!!! YOU WERE BORN WITH A PENIS AND HAVE XY CHROMOSOMES!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE A MENTAL ILLNESS KNOW AS TRANSSEXUALISM!!!!!!! SEEK HELP NOW OR BURN IN HELL FOREVER!!!!!!!!

• Jane the Sparowist says:

Being trans isn’t a mental illness. https://www.apa.org/topics/lgbt/transgender
      Transphobes like you need to calm down.

• Captain B says:

Which particular ‘god’ do you refer to? Without the prior demonstration of its existance, your claim is a non-starter, void at the first premise.
      There is no mental illness in the DSM-5 called ‘trans-sexualism’. In contrast, obsessing about people IS a mental illness, as is sadistic fantasising. You are a sick little puppy.
      Why do fundies think that CapsLock enhances the content of their arguments?

8. Captain B says:

……You can add Delusional Disorder and Antisocial Personality to your pathology of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Sadistic Personality Disorder, GTB, suggesting that Paranoid Schizophrenia may be your primary mental illness. Very unpleasant.
    And nowhere does your mis-translated Bible, edited by a gay king, mention trans-sexual, so, you also bear False Witness and you know what happens to liars.

• Great Trump Boy says:

THE BIBLE DOES MENTION TRANSSEXUALISM!!!!!!! Deuteronomy 23:1 “He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord.” AND IT’S YOU WHO HAS A MENTAL ILLNESS FOR THINKING JANE IS A WOMAN!!!!!!! AND I’LL NOT GO TO HELL!!! IT’S YOU, KEITH, RASPUTIN(THE COMMENTER), BRUCEO, AND ESPECIALLY JANE!!!!!! REPENT NOW OR BURN IN HELL FOREVER. JANE!!! SEEK CONVERSION THERAPY BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!!!!!!

• Jane the Sparowist says:

So anyone who gets into a freak pencil sharpener accident can’t enter church? “I’ll not go to hell, it’s you” Are ready for eternity of stale beer and diseased dancers GTB? “Seek conversion therapy” You mean a pseudoscientific practice thats harms LGBTQ youth and should be outlawed? Look ‘Leelah Alcorn’ GTB, it shows the harms conversion “”””””””therapy”””””””” can do.

• Captain B says:

Jane, Israelites used to excise the genitals of their captured enemy males. Their victims were also banned from marrying a Jewish woman, which is what ‘entering the congregation’ refers to.
          GTB is a liar and doomed.

• Captain B says:

Jane, note that GTB lied about ‘Biblical trans-sexualism’; the point being that it was the Israelites that forcibly mutilated their male captives, whose land they were after, and then, to fully extinguish any inheritance issues, also forbade them from marrying a sympathetic Jewish woman.
          GTB might get the point if he was forcibly lobotomised, and then a law passed forbidding people who couldn’t sign their name from voting Republican.
          Actually, that’s not a bad idea….

• bruceo says:

Why am I going to Hell, GTB?
        I’ve only been correcting your poor grammar. I’m TRYING to HELP you …

Please don’t make me send in the rest of the Google Police Force!

• Jane the Sparrowist says:

Probably, because your angered him.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

You really, REALLY are a fuckwit.