Help us get the word out about I, Pastafari

Published May 2nd, 2019 by Bobby Henderson

Hey everyone, we need your help to get the word out about I, Pastafari: A Flying Spaghetti Monster Story.

Filmmaker Mike Weeks did a great job – he captured the true spirit of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Pastafarian heroes Bruder Spaghettus and Niko Alm are both featured, making the case for freedom of religion and equal treatment under the law. The documentary also shows some of the ongoing court battles we’re involved in. I was impressed with the scope of it, and I want to help Mike get this film seen by the world.

Specifically we need help with two things:

1) Getting the documentary admitted into festivals

2) Finding a distributor

What we need you to do is:

Make a post/tweet on May 2 (International Scurvy Awareness Day) sharing the trailer of the film, with the tags of the film festival’s social media.

That’s the idea. We help get the word out on May 2, the film gets admitted into festivals, it finds a distributor, and the world is able to see what Pastafarianism is all about.

Below is Mike’s detailed instructions / explanation. Please let me or Mike know if you have questions and so forth. Thanks everyone. – bobby

Calling all Pastafarians!

Our God doesn’t require sacrifices, but will you sacrifice 1 minute of your time for an indie Pastafarian filmmaker on the holiest of Pastafarian holidays – International Scurvy Awareness Day?

On May 2nd, 2019 (no need to share anything before that specific date), help the trailer of I, PASTAFARI get in front of a few key documentary film festivals (IDFA, DOK Leipzig, & DOC NYC) by sharing it on Facebook & Twitter (links below) and tagging the festivals social media handle, to show these festival directors that there IS a hunger for this real life pasta story. The more posts/tweets they see, the more likely they will give this film serious consideration to screen at their festival. If hundreds of pastafarians do it together on the same day (May 2nd, anytime), it will be hard for any festival director to ignore.

For example….

*FACEBOOK*

Step 1) First go to the FACEBOOK Trailer here: bit.ly/2I7Npsq

Step 2) Click “SHARE”

Step 3) Add this message…

@DOCNYCfest @idfa.nl @DOKLeipzig please select @ipastafaridoc for your 2019 festival! #FSM #FlyingSpaghettiMonster #Pastafarian

*TWITTER*

Step 1) First go to the TWITTER Trailer here: twitter.com/ipastafaridoc/status/1094578270471966720

Step 2) Retweet it with the below message…

@DOCNYCfest @idfa @DOK_Leipzig please select @ipastafaridoc for your 2019 festival! #FSM #FlyingSpaghettiMonster #Pastafarian

If sharing/retweeting is giving you issues, you can always just compose your own post/tweet and add the Vimeo trailer here:

vimeo.com/279827959
Just be sure to tag the festival’s social media handle!

R’Amen
Mike
Filmmaker
I, Pastafari Documentary
www.ipastafaridoc.com

176 Responses to “Help us get the word out about I, Pastafari”

1 7 8 9
  1. TheBadass says:

WTF IS THIS SJW SHIT?!?! I HOPE ALL OF YOU NECKBEARDS, LIBTARDS, SOYBOYS, AND FEMINAZIS GET CANCER AND DIE!!!!!!!

• John the Sparrowist says:

“And here we see a dying breed know as the Anti-SJW in the wild”-A man narrating in a David Attenborough voice.
      “Neckbeards” I don’t think many online right-wing neckbeards would like this place.
      “Libtards” Of course this man would use some ableist language.
      “Soyboys” If you believe that soy actually feminizes men. Then, no. More info here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8dfiDeJeDU
      “Feminazis” Ah! Godwin’s law. Also, how is demanding equal rights for all genders equivalent to an ideology that advocates for genocide and invading other countries? More info about why ant-feminist arguments are flawed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBTfvC0iT04

• TheBadass says:

FUCK YOU TRIGGERED SOY BOY PUSSY!!!!! I’M RIGHT YOUR WRONG!!!!! I HOPE TO SEE THE DAY WHEN LIBTARDS, GAY , TRANS PEOPLE, AND SOYBOYS BURN IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!

• bruceo says:

*YOU’RE

• Captain B says:

Ahh, the unique combination of frothing fundie, psychopath, stupid and proud of it. Fortunately, they only seem to have evolved in one place.

• John the Sparrowist says:

As a bisexual trans women, you’re making hell sound pretty fun. “I’m right your[sic] wrong” Ah! The Dunning-Kruger effect. “Triggered” Ah! Psychological projection. I just love it when online right-wingers claim that “YOuNg PeOple aRe SnOwFlaKEs” and then it when a TV show, video game, or movie has trans or gay character. More info the term ‘Snowflake Generation’ is flawed: https://youtu.be/FhuFWoN1nb0

2. TheBadass says:

FUCK YOU LIBTARDS, SOY BOYS, AND TRANNIES!!!!!!! I’LL LAUGHING WITH GOD AND TRUMP WHEN YOURE 41% PERCENTING(I’M TALKING TO THE TRANNIES) YOURSELF AND BURNING IN THE DEEPEST PARTS OF HELL!!!!!!!! YOU LISTEN TO AWFUL POP, RAP, AND METAL “”MUSIC””. I LISTEN TO REAL CLASSICAL MUSIC!!!!! BYE LIBTARDS!!!!!!!

• John the Sparrowist says:

“I’LL LAUGHING WITH GOD AND TRUMP” I just love how right wingers think Trump as some sort of god emperor. “41% PERCENTING” https://i.redd.it/jopolmnwarf31.jpg
      “BURNING IN THE DEEPEST PARTS OF HELL” I love how fundies like to threaten others with hell.
      “YOU LISTEN TO AWFUL POP, RAP, AND METAL “”MUSIC””. I LISTEN TO REAL CLASSICAL MUSIC” Of course he’s was going to be like “i OnLY lIsTEn tO ReaL mUSIc.” I love both metal & classical music. What do you think about that, fundie?

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Yeah, I doubt you listen to classical. I think you listen to the fucked up radio station that uncle daddy plays in his shed while he’s making you do those things that you find confusing

3. Captain B says:

John, what these Christofascists can’t understand is that they are ridiculed and would be deported from most European countries under their obscenity laws.
    Time for a bit of Puccini to calm the scurvy crew. Perhaps Albinoni’s guitar concerto first.

4. John the Sparrowist says:

B, I would show these type of people, videos like these. https://youtu.be/_XS1xd00V7Y
    I would also ask these people these questions. https://youtu.be/xMabpBvtXr4?t=64

5. Captain B says:

John, it would be easier to convert the Pope to Islam. The best one can hope for is fundie bigots dying of old age without infecting children. Brave of you to reveal your situation; with any luck SadAss will blow one of his throbbing fascial aneurisms.

• Jane the Sparrowist says:

B, all we can hope for is that people like SadAss stop being taken seriously. Three Arrows made a great video how one can end up thinking like this. https://youtu.be/69obN625Fjs

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Sadly, the stupid and religious are the most prolific breeders.

Idiocracy was less of a movie than a documentary it would seem

6. TheBadass says:

FUCK YOU SOYBOYS AND TRANNY ENABLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GIVE UP ON YOU ALL!!!! I KNOW MORE ABOUT EVERYTHING THAN YOU AND ARE TRIGGERED THAT IM RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BYE!

• Jane the Sparrowist says:

As a Bisexual Trans woman. All I can say is that you’re making a moron out of yourself. “I know more everything than you” Ah! The dunning-kurger effect. “Triggered” Oh the irony! I love how online righties claim that liberals and lefties are “SnOwFLakeS” and then, flip out when a TV show, movie, or video game has a gay or trans character.

• Keith says:

I’ll bet you are really cute when you are angry.

1 7 8 9