Help us get the word out about I, Pastafari

Published May 2nd, 2019 by Bobby Henderson

Hey everyone, we need your help to get the word out about I, Pastafari: A Flying Spaghetti Monster Story.

Filmmaker Mike Arthur did a great job – he captured the true spirit of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Pastafarian heroes Bruder Spaghettus and Niko Alm are both featured, making the case for freedom of religion and equal treatment under the law. The documentary also shows some of the ongoing court battles we’re involved in. I was impressed with the scope of it, and I want to help Mike get this film seen by the world.

Specifically we need help with two things:

1) Getting the documentary admitted into festivals

2) Finding a distributor

What we need you to do is:

Make a post/tweet on May 2 (International Scurvy Awareness Day) sharing the trailer of the film, with the tags of the film festival’s social media.

That’s the idea. We help get the word out on May 2, the film gets admitted into festivals, it finds a distributor, and the world is able to see what Pastafarianism is all about.

Below is Mike’s detailed instructions / explanation. Please let me or Mike know if you have questions and so forth. Thanks everyone. – bobby

Calling all Pastafarians!

Our God doesn’t require sacrifices, but will you sacrifice 1 minute of your time for an indie Pastafarian filmmaker on the holiest of Pastafarian holidays – International Scurvy Awareness Day?

On May 2nd, 2019 (no need to share anything before that specific date), help the trailer of I, PASTAFARI get in front of a few key documentary film festivals (IDFA, DOK Leipzig, & DOC NYC) by sharing it on Facebook & Twitter (links below) and tagging the festivals social media handle, to show these festival directors that there IS a hunger for this real life pasta story. The more posts/tweets they see, the more likely they will give this film serious consideration to screen at their festival. If hundreds of pastafarians do it together on the same day (May 2nd, anytime), it will be hard for any festival director to ignore.

For example….

*FACEBOOK*

Step 1) First go to the FACEBOOK Trailer here: bit.ly/2I7Npsq

Step 2) Click “SHARE”

Step 3) Add this message…

@DOCNYCfest @idfa.nl @DOKLeipzig please select @ipastafaridoc for your 2019 festival! #FSM #FlyingSpaghettiMonster #Pastafarian

*TWITTER*

Step 1) First go to the TWITTER Trailer here: twitter.com/ipastafaridoc/status/1094578270471966720

Step 2) Retweet it with the below message…

@DOCNYCfest @idfa @DOK_Leipzig please select @ipastafaridoc for your 2019 festival! #FSM #FlyingSpaghettiMonster #Pastafarian

If sharing/retweeting is giving you issues, you can always just compose your own post/tweet and add the Vimeo trailer here:

vimeo.com/279827959
Just be sure to tag the festival’s social media handle!

R’Amen
Mike
Filmmaker
I, Pastafari Documentary
www.ipastafaridoc.com

243 Responses to “Help us get the word out about I, Pastafari”

1 8 9 10
  1. Captain B says:

GTB, no one here has the slightest interest in entering a synagogue. Perhaps you’d like to check everyone at the door, eh?
    Add Narcissistic Personality Disorder to your morbid personality for believing you have the capacity for diagnosing mental illness and idiot for quoting a very peculiar Jewish ritual law to gentiles.
    You seem unaware that the word, ‘Hell’, is mistranslated from both Hebrew and Greek. Demonstrate it exists or add credulous to your defective psyche and tell someone who cares what you think.

• Saint Gnocchi Pudding says:

Hello. I have just tracked the Kraken to his lair. I’m just about to go in and take him down to save all your no-God Pirate butts- er, I meant to say “no-good pirate butts.” Any good luck wishes from the some FSM buddies who remember me? I may not return from this Mission, but then, again, as we Zulus sometimes quote the Afrikaners: “Onkruid vergaan nie!

• Jane the Sparrowist says:

Captain B, why do fundies seem to be ESPECIALLY hate trans women like me, and not trans men?

• Captain B says:

Jane, I suspect there are several reasons: 1/ Most fundies are male: Reaction Formation to their gay fantasies. 2/ They believe they have dominated females, but, are simultaneously scared of them (Master and Slave are both Trapped). Trans is unknown to them. 3/ Trans is not a black & white issue, like their thinking. 4/ They are emotional parasites, and will find any bigotry-de-jour to hate. 5/ A narrowing of some societies: valuing hegemonic masculinity. 5/ Ignorance or refusal to accept that there endless gradations between male and female. 6/ Indulging the romantic image of living in the Stone Age. 7/ Fear of everything. 8/ Group cohesion at any price: tribalism….

I could list more and expand on all…. Laugh at them and find social support. Best wishes.

• Jane the Sparrowist says:

So basically, it comes down to the fact that many fundies have a fragile and toxic image of masculinity and their need to punch down on those they see as “others”?

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Jane, that’s exactly what it is.

They’re scared of everything. They know their god isn’t real, but just in case, they double down.

They know they fall short of the standards their god demands, so they seek to find others who have fallen further in order to make themselves look higher.

I know what I am, I don’t need to punch down. I’ve made peace with and accepted that not everything I do is accepted by society.

Here, we do what we do. In the embrace of His Noodly Appendages we are all one family.

G.T.B would never say anything like this to us in person. He’s a feeble excuse for a human and we’ll probably see him in the news after being arrested for fondling his infant sister or fucking stray dogs in his neighbourhood.

• Captain B says:

SKM, I think that fear is the underlying driving force for fundies. I was tempted to think it may be greed/unreasonable expectations, because of the land-grab/genocide narrative running through their ‘holy’ texts, but, I suspect that may take second place.
          Fundies that believe the World is about to end or their resources are short, seem to exist on the edge of insanity. They attempt to climb out of their emotional abyss by projecting onto any group their idiot pastors sanction as targets. Narcissism is a growing trend in some societies, where people value image more than fact, much exploited by advertising. Toxic masculinity seems to be a uniting image for many.
          I was tempted to add the Internet to my list, but, I suspect that it merely reveals to fundies that their time has passed and their god is dead, which enhances their fear of being irrelevant.

• Captain B says:

God is dead; praise be to The FSM (may He rest in pesto).

2. Jane the Sparrowist says:

SKM, Captain B, I don’t even feel threaten by fundies idiots like GTB. And I was to guess, GTB probably looks something like this. https://i.redd.it/j1zbow89212z.png

*And if I was to guess

• Captain B says:

Can’t see the pile of pizza boxes, Bibles and soggy tissues.

• Jane the Sparrowist says:

I say the image is close enough to what GTB and his fellow fundie neckbeards from r/the_donald look like.

3. Great Trump Boy says:

THE BIBLE DOES MENTION TRANSSEXUALISM!!!! “The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.”-Deuteronomy 22:5

• Captain B says:

GTB, wearing ‘women’s clothing’ is not trans-sexualism. If it was, pantomimes, kilts and togas would require very devoted people. Equivocate much? Half of the Old Testament is forged and thousands of important words mistranslated, rendering it a worthless tome of barbaric old myths and customs. But you already knew that.
      Hassidic Jews or Bronze Age fundies might be interested in your silly cherry-picked sumptuary rules but your book is irrelevant to everyone else. You still fail to mention which particular god’s arse you can stuff your approximately 150 ‘abominations’ up, from eating shrimp to crop rotation to wearing mixed fabrics.
      Your bigotry is an abomination to thy Lord The FSM and you will stew in stale beer until you become human, which may take an eternity.

• Jane the Sparrowist says:

B, I feel like some of the songs by Bad Religion like ‘American Jesus’ and ‘New Dark Ages’ are now more revelent than ever due to fundies trying to make a comeback and the Trump presidency.

• Jane the Sparrowist says:

GTB, a few things I would like to point. One: Being trans=/= cross dressing. P.S. I remember going to an Orthodox Jewish school and being told those exact verses. But, that didn’t stop me from trying on high heels and playing with dolls (even when other people told me stop). Two: GTB needs to prove that the christian bible is true and an objective source of morality. Three: GTB seems to ignore old testament verses talking dietary laws(kosher laws) and not mixing wool and linen.

4. Great Trump Boy says:

FUCK YOU ALL!!! I’M RIGHT YOUR WRONG!!!
    P.S. THE REASON I DONT ATTACK TRANS “”MEN”” IS BECAUSE THEY ARE SOOOO HOT!!

• Jane the Sparrowist says:

People who claim to be right. How Profound! Can GTB explain why he’s right and all other religions are wrong? It also seems like GTB is somewhat accepting his homosexual urges (at least for trans men).

• Captain B says:

GTB, I suspect the only reason you don’t attack anyone is not because you are a love-thy-neighbour Christian gentleman, but, because you are scared of spending the rest of your life in the pen as Big Bubba’s bitch.
      You and your ilk are rendering America a joke to the rest of the World, which is a shame because most of the population are decent people. Fortunately, they have the capacity to deal with you and render you irrelevant. Unfortunately, they can’t send you back to where you came from because no one would want you. All you do is expose your insanity and hasten it. Keep up the good work.

• Jane the Sparrowist says:

Captain B, unfortunately I live in Georgia(the US state) and thus, have deal with fundies that are like GTB everyday.

• Captain B says:

Jane, fundies are effectively silenced in most Western countries. Televangelism is classified as obscene and visiting fundies who door knock and proselytise get deported. Jail time in China.
          What many people find disgusting are right wing Christians, whose ideas are in total opposition to their Jesus. I must have missed the bit in the Bible where Jesus first checked if people had health insurance. Lazarus must have had maximum cover.

• Patroller says:

Disabled toilet.

• Jane the Sparrowist says:

Captain B, I was to guess, GTB probably drives in this car. https://i.redd.it/l20nigu3qrn31.jpg

*If I was to guess

• bruceo says:

*YOU’RE
      *DON’T

5. Jane the Sparrowist says:

GTB, if you ever stop being a raging bigot, you can join us and become a Pastafarian. We got free pasta(even gluten free ones for those with gluten intolerance) and free beer(even alcohol-free beer for teetotalers and underagers).

6. Jane the Sparrowist says:

Captain B, why do fundies view right-wing bigots like Benjamin Netanyahu, Marine Le Pen, and ESPECIALLY Donald Trump as God figures?

• Captain B says:

Jane, right wingers want a fascist state, which went out of fashion after the Third Reich, though it lingered a bit in Spain and Argentina. When people feel pressured and in a corner they tend to polarise their views. Viewing someone as a ‘god’ indicates they feel vulnerable. In Europe, Trump is regarded as a psychopathic idiot: the worst president ever. A polarised view draws the criminally insane, such as GTB, out of their bunkers in defence.

7. Jane the Sparrowist says:

Captain B, makes sense. Fundies (espically Christian ones) LOVE authoritarianism. This is why you are seeing certain Christian fundies becoming various types of alt-right. They want the government to oppress those they see others like LGBTQ+ people, women, racial & ethnic minorities, people with different religious beliefs, etc.

• Captain B says:

Jane, fascism means an authoritarian ruler with an hierarchical state structure. Most fundies thump the KJV, which was specially mistranslated by Queen James (fundies ignore the fact that he was gay) to define that structure, with him just one step below their imaginary friend. It doesn’t take much to elevate the public perception of the supreme ruler that last step to god status, as Roman emperors and Egyptian pharos did. In contrast, polarised Democrats might insist on no ruler and a referendum on all important issues.

• Jane the Sparrowist says:

Captain B, Innuendo Studios has a great video about fascism and what it means.(https://youtu.be/5Luu1Beb8ng) I also think the video can also explain why more and more fundies are embracing alt-right ideologies.

• Captain B says:

I’ll watch it later. One thing I’ve noticed is that fundies are unremitting liars: they misrepresent facts, invent ‘facts’, ignore facts, misquote people, misquote their Wholly Babble, redefine the meanings of words and torture logic. Surely, this can’t all derive from Luther advocating lying for Jesus? Jesuits wrote books on how to lie in courts and still be ‘truthful’, so it’s not just a Protestant thing.
          My favourite religious phrase, ‘released for relaxation’, is a sentence that fills the pages of old religious court records. It sounds like a good outcome, perhaps involving a deck chair and cold drink outside the dungeon, but actually means burned at the stake.

8. SillyKiwiMan says:

Yarrgh!

May the momentum grow, we’re in the papers!

The more we push, slowly, but with determination, we too can claim the legitimacy that no religion deserves!

Yours in grog,

SillyKiwiMan

• Jane the Sparrowist says:

SKM, seeing Pastafarianism gaining some legitimacy puts a smile on my face.

1 8 9 10