Pastafarian Council Member Wins Re-Election

Published November 10th, 2017 by Bobby Henderson

Congratulations to Pastafarian Christopher Schaeffer for winning re-election to the Pomfret New York Town Council.

Mr. Schaeffer enjoyed (perhaps suffered) internet fame when he wore a Colander during his first swearing-in ceremony in 2014.

To my knowledge no elected Pastafarian has yet worn Full Pirate Regalia in an official photo.

By the election results, it is clear the voters approve of Mr. Schaeffer, despite (perhaps because of) his public religious views.

Congrats, and keep up the good work, sir.

63 Responses to “Pastafarian Council Member Wins Re-Election”

1. Rasputin says:

Hey Ava, don’t call our religion “organised”. That would be contrary to our cultural values.

• Jonathan the pastafarian says:

I agree

2. Altrana says:

Have any of you heard anything in your dreams lately? I think we must transcribe a new book in the ever growing Pastafarianism. This one with songs. My current draft can be seen here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lmgnalzqi0lg2n9/Pastascrewinism.docx but no other stories have come to my head by the grace of the FSM. Please, share with me stories of grace and blessing and songs to our great FSM.

• Keith says:

Most of my dreams are too bizarre to go to print.

• Captain Birdseye says:

Unless you were contributing to Revelations.

• Keith says:

Well, I suppose crumbling buildings and old cemeteries might fit in somewhere.

• Captain Birdseye says:

Absolutely! Just need a bit of brimstone and a ‘beast’.

• Keith says:

I’ve just been re-reading “Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel” and realised that they probably weren’t dreams after all. For some time in my life I have been abducted by Fairies. It all makes perfect sense now!

• Captain Birdseye says:

Altrana, I would love to see illustrations, Blake style.
      Why does Gem change sex?

• Altrana says:

Now, you might be thinking this was a mistake, but it was not. In my dreams she/he did change sex. Is this a sign that FSM is fine with Transgender people, we may never know.

• Captain Birdseye says:

Altrana, some creatures, such as barramundi, change sex when older.
          What about the possibility of illustrations?

• Altrana says:

It may be that, a side effect of early humantige, but I couldn’t tell you. About illustrations: I would love to see some, but I guess the FSM wasn’t really in the mood when I was created to make an artsy person so who knows. If there are any illustrators out there then it would be wonderful to get some.

PS: sorry for answering so quickly, I go on random hiatuses on not responding to anything, then i go rapid fire. Just how i am.

• Captain Birdseye says:

Altrana, you may not be aware that all foetuses are female and males morph from them.
          Some animals, such as hyenas, have a very unusual love-life.

• Altrana says:

well then that’s what it is, like I said, I really have no idea.

3. Gabriel Gideon says:

Do you Need an urgent loan for business or to pay bills at 3% interest? we provide that personal loan, property loan, business loan and other potential individuals, companies, collaborating agencies and organizations. Regardless of your credit score ranging from $5,000 to $20,000.000 duration of 1 to 30 years Allow up to 12 hours after applying for a loan to be contacted Any interested party should contact the information below.

Email Us: [email protected]
    Tell: +919108362494
    whatsapp:+919108362494

• Altrana says:

thank you, ill definitely be hitting you up

4. Reg Mombassa says:

Capt Birdseye
    Reference Ghandi there’s a lot of debate whether he said that but irrespective it’s a good ‘quote’.
    But for fun have a look at this ‘explanation’ as to why this person (a xtian) doesn’t like the quote.
    I particularly enjoyed the ‘Ghandi has no idea who the real Jesus “was”.
    You couldn’t make it up. Enjoy!

• Keith says:

I read the article and read the four responses. The first response says it all.

• Mr. Hankey says:

Reg, religionists never present facts; they argue using lots of words yet say nothing.

• Altrana says:

There are plenty facts we, the pastafarians use though. That is why we are the most peaceful of religions and–in fact–the most probable of religions.

• Patroller says:

Spanky, you say nothing with anything you say or speak. You are a fool who is condemned to a life of cretinism.

Fuck off.

Disabled toilet.

5. color switch says:

Your site has a lot of useful information for myself. I visit regularly. Hope to have more quality items.

6. Aditya Sridhar says:

Somebody toucha my spaghett

7. Nadie says:

Viva la pepa i

8. usps tracking says:

Thank for your writting! It is easy to understand and detailed. I feel it is interesting, I hope you continue to have such good posts.