Noodle Mass discrimination in Germany

Published August 7th, 2017 by Bobby Henderson

German courts have ruled that Pastafarians are not allowed to post announcements of services alongside those of other churches.

One of the signs that was ordered to be removed:

The German Pastafarians put these signs up years ago in Templin after other churches were allowed to post signs. There were complaints by locals who felt mocked, and it’s been in the Brandenburg state court system ever since.

It’s disappointing that the courts would discriminate against the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

From the New York Post,

Brandenburg state court ruled Wednesday the group can’t claim the rights of a religious or philosophical community. Judges said its criticism of others’ beliefs doesn’t constitute a philosophy.

I find the reasoning dishonest. They could have made a fair point to say Pastafarians do not share an unquestioning faith of our own Dogma in the way that happens in many religions – that we do not necessarily Truly Believe our outlandish stories in the way that others might – but it is an absurd idea that the majority of Pastafarians have joined the Church in order to criticize others’ beliefs. What a cynical view.

Is it hard to believe that people who are wired to reject faith could be drawn to a religion that respects Reason, one that is OK with Believers not fully swallowing Dogma? Perhaps there are people who enjoy the community of a church, without the necessity of denying Reality?

Aside from that, I do not feel that Pastafarians are inherently judgmental people — I haven’t yet experienced this “criticism of others’ beliefs” that the courts have projected onto our members. In fact that sort of judgmental criticism sounds like what I’ve seen in mainstream churches.

No matter. I’m confident that we’ll win in the end. And I think there is value when government institutions are forced to show their biases. They have ruled against us, but in doing so have exposed their own discriminatory attitude. It may be that the growth of the Church of the FSM is in part due to the reaction of fair-minded people, after these setbacks happen. In other words, a few small-minded people with power have asserted their Authority and “won”, but many more people will hear of what took place and form their own opinions, and that is a win for us.

I would like to thank the German Pastafarians for keeping up the fight. You are an inspiration to us all.

The best article about this court case is here. At the top right you can translate into English.

81 Responses to “Noodle Mass discrimination in Germany”

1. Osman Ibrahim says:

GENUINE LOAN OFFER WITH 3% INTEREST RATE APPLY NOW
    Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At : [email protected]
    Phone number:+919205467093
    Mr. Osman Ibrahim

2. bob says:

Simple….
    Take it to the court of Human rights.
    make the point that the Muslim religion is very clear about other religions and yet they are not discriminated about.

3. John says:

We need a warrior a true believer who will fight for all of us pastafarians to hung over to see how important this fight is

4. Prosper Loan says:

DO NOT KEEP YOUR FINANCIAL BURDEN TO YOURSELF CONTACT US NOW FOR ANY KIND OF LOAN AT A LOW INTEREST OF 2%.( [email protected] )

5. Crowns says:

Hello All

This is Tarsha, I want you to know that I just receive my loan of $25,000.00 from Larry Finance, after I was let down by other lenders, they Have really put a smile on my face, now I can take good care of my business and others personal needs, you can contact them for your loan because they are simply the best. Any serious Applicant can reach them with this email via [email protected] or phone number: +1-580-301-8495

Contact them now for your loan he is a legit loan lender.

I assure you all thst they are good, no cheating and they are the best company i have ever worked with. Their services are swift and legit. Just go and apply yourself and see what i’m talking about.

Tarsha Crowns

6. Joy says:

You say “I haven’t yet experienced this “criticism of others’ beliefs” that the courts have projected onto our members.” but the person who runs the “Evangelical Pastafarian” page on Facebook does just that. It’s really disturbing.

• Captain Birdseye says:

But rather less disturbing than burning alive, people who believed differently. Also rather less disturbing than the droves of evangelical Christians who obscenely destroyed many of the Worlds cultures, who still shriek ‘persecution’ when they are restained or deported.

• Captain Birdseye says:

PS. If you don’t like it, don’t visit the site. Somewhere, there may be a Fundamentalist Pastafarian, who’s comments you may enjoy more.

7. Mr.Tom Crist says:

My Name is Mr.Tom Crist we Offer out loan interest rate in 3%. Do you need a loan? if yes, Email: [email protected] for more information Full Name: Loan Amount: Duration: Country: Address: Phone Number God bless you. Mr.Tom Crist..

Contact us now for more info Email address [email protected] Or SMS Number +1 562 453 0961..

8. charlie says:

I`m Charlie Bean. I needed a loan to buy a house and I searched for a mortgage loan from all banks and I was denied and I loss hope of having my own house until I came across a post just as you reading my post now. I saw a post about a Financial Service Company who gives loan at 2% interest so I applied in STEAKLEY FINANCIAL SERVICES using their email [email protected]. And my loan was granted it was like a dream but was true and now am a owner of a house in Toronto and am paying the mortgage loan with no stress and I also requested if I can be granted a business loan and I was also granted. Now am living a happy life, I will advice you if you have an financial problems and you need money to settle it so you can pay with no stress just contact Steakley Financial Service at their email [email protected] or number +1(512) 714-8010.