Noodle Mass discrimination in Germany

Published August 7th, 2017 by Bobby Henderson

German courts have ruled that Pastafarians are not allowed to post announcements of services alongside those of other churches.

One of the signs that was ordered to be removed:

The German Pastafarians put these signs up years ago in Templin after other churches were allowed to post signs. There were complaints by locals who felt mocked, and it’s been in the Brandenburg state court system ever since.

It’s disappointing that the courts would discriminate against the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

From the New York Post,

Brandenburg state court ruled Wednesday the group can’t claim the rights of a religious or philosophical community. Judges said its criticism of others’ beliefs doesn’t constitute a philosophy.

I find the reasoning dishonest. They could have made a fair point to say Pastafarians do not share an unquestioning faith of our own Dogma in the way that happens in many religions – that we do not necessarily Truly Believe our outlandish stories in the way that others might – but it is an absurd idea that the majority of Pastafarians have joined the Church in order to criticize others’ beliefs. What a cynical view.

Is it hard to believe that people who are wired to reject faith could be drawn to a religion that respects Reason, one that is OK with Believers not fully swallowing Dogma? Perhaps there are people who enjoy the community of a church, without the necessity of denying Reality?

Aside from that, I do not feel that Pastafarians are inherently judgmental people — I haven’t yet experienced this “criticism of others’ beliefs” that the courts have projected onto our members. In fact that sort of judgmental criticism sounds like what I’ve seen in mainstream churches.

No matter. I’m confident that we’ll win in the end. And I think there is value when government institutions are forced to show their biases. They have ruled against us, but in doing so have exposed their own discriminatory attitude. It may be that the growth of the Church of the FSM is in part due to the reaction of fair-minded people, after these setbacks happen. In other words, a few small-minded people with power have asserted their Authority and “won”, but many more people will hear of what took place and form their own opinions, and that is a win for us.

I would like to thank the German Pastafarians for keeping up the fight. You are an inspiration to us all.

The best article about this court case is here. At the top right you can translate into English.

82 Responses to “Noodle Mass discrimination in Germany”

1. blessing says:

If you are interested contact us via:
    [email protected]

2. blessing says:

If you are interested contact us via:
    [email protected]

3. M. Winkler says:

If anyone would like to help me with a college paper I’d appreciate it. I need to conduct an interview, and I decided to do it with a Pastafarian so that I can learn more about it and possibly convert.

• Captain Birdseye says:

MW, what’s wrong with asking your questions here? Why convert? Why not have two religions?

4. M. Winkler says:

By the by, my email is [email protected]. I await any response with open arms.

• Captain Birdseye says:

In passing, MW, it may be better to spell out your email address (“…at gmail dot com”) so that bots can’t detect it and spam you.

5. -blessed holy socks says:

That’s great, dude…
    yet, what happens when you upNcroak?
    Lemme show you how to wiseabove…

When our eternal soul leaves our body at death
    and we wiseabove to meet our Maker,
    only four, last things remain:
    death, judgement, Heaven or Hell
    according to the deeds WEE mortals
    have done in our Finite Existence.

PS° I’m a re-boot NDE:
    if you’re RIGHT,
    you’ll see the LIGHT –
    follow that to the Elysian Fields.
    Let’s be tethered2forever Upstairs.

Find-out what RCIA means and join.
    Make Your Choice -SAW
    Google+: kold_kadavr_ flatliner

• Captain Birdseye says:

Blessed Holey Socks, I lost count of the number of logical falacies in your post. The first is your assumtion of ‘eternal’, followed by your assumption of ‘soul’. Can you please define just these two terms?
      Deeds before faith? Are you sure that you have selected the correct deity?

6. acamas alekos says:

I’m Acamas Alekos. I live in Greece,I’m writing this to appreciate Asylum Loan Investment Company and to alert all loan seekers to be very careful because there are scam everywhere. 5 months ago I was financially strained, and due to my desperation I was scammed by several Online Loan lenders that claim they are private loan lenders. I had almost lost hope until a friend of mine referred me to a very reliable Loan Company, Asylum Loan Investment Company. They loan me $50,000 Within 48 Hour’s with an 100% Insurance guaranty. If you are in need of any kind of loan I will advise you contact Asylum Loan Investment Company via: [email protected] I‘m using this medium to alert all loan seekers because of the hell I passed through in the hands of those fraudulent lenders. And I don’t wish even my enemy to pass through such hell that I passed through in the hands of those fraudulent online lenders,i will also want you to help me pass this information to others who are also in need of a loan once you have also receive your loan..

7. Microfinancefilms says:

Are you hoping to expand production, purchase new equipment,start a business,expand your markets or access working capital for a special project? contact us today for a loan to finance your project or to clear your debts and other personal financial needs. 65% of applications are proccessed with 4 business days.your financial needs will be ment at a convinent interest rate of 3% . please if interested message me at [email protected]

8. mark logan says:

Dear Valued Customer,
    We offer variety of loans including, XMAS LOAN, personal loans, home loans, debt consolidation loans, agricultural loans, business loans
    and company loans at 3% interest rate per annual and it is fixed for the entire duration of the loan.
    *Loans available from 5,000€ to 1,000,000.00€ at 3% interest rate

If you are interested in getting a loan from us, Kindly contact us with the Email address below:

NOTE: All Responses should be forwarded to: