Australia Officially Recognizes the Church of FSM

Published May 22nd, 2017 by Bobby Henderson

Big news

The government of Australia, after years of court proceedings, has decided that Pastafarians will be allowed to wear religious headgear in ID photos.

Here’s the backstory

A few years ago, a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster Australia (CFSMA), was allowed to wear his headgear (colander) when photographed for his license, but later forced to surrender the license for a replacement, without headgear.

Preshalin obtained his NSW driver’s license last year, and, at the time, was permitted to wear his religious headwear for his photograph. He has now been informed that he must surrender his present license and have a new photograph taken without his religious headwear, as the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not a ‘recognised religion’.

The CFSMA has been fighting in court ever since, and today they were informed that a decision had been made to allow Pastafarians equal religious protection. Victory!

From Captain Tanya Watkin’s media release:

On behalf of the CFSMA I am delighted to announce that the Hon. Melinda Pavey, NSW Minister for Roads, Maritime and Freight, has confirmed that the present policy enforced by RMS regarding religious head coverings in driver’s licenses (that specifically named Pastafarians as being subject to discrimination by not allowing our chosen head covering to be worn) will be changed. The new policy will reflect the fact that NSW Government Departments will show respect and consideration towards all people who wear a head covering. When the new policy is implemented, people will no longer have their stated religion checked against a list of ‘recognised’ religions.

Congratulations to the CFSMA

The Church of FSM Australia continues to blow me away. Tanya Watkins, Captain of CFSMA, especially, deserves a round of applause — she took it on herself to lead the fight, and after more than two years, won a victory for Pastafarians everywhere.

Sincere thanks, and congratulations, to Tanya and everyone from the CFSMA.

58 Responses to “Australia Officially Recognizes the Church of FSM”

1. wolfie says:

I am spreading this gospel amongst my flock In the marina I live in, I am hopeful I will have the support of all others that have seen the light elseware, and I shall become a minister soon

• Thea says:

don’t you mean marinara ; )

• Captain Birdseye says:

…. and also don’t you mean, Ministeroni.

• Niels Fries says:

You’re a real retard! Stop your bullshit! The last thing the world needs is more nonsense to waste time on! You’re such immature children!

• Godless_Heathen says:

more bullshit, you mean like any other theistic belief in a deity that’s unproven?
        Why should your imaginary god or anyone else’s be real but not the noodly one?

You just need to have faith and you too can be touched by his noodly appendages

Ramen

• Captain Birdseye says:

The problem is, Godless_Heathen, their imaginary gods offer the instant status of ‘good person’ to any hypocritical, paedophillic, sadistic psychopath, whether ISIS or kiddy-diddling Catholic scoutmaster, who recites some magic words. They have so much invested.
          In passing, the word ‘godless’ presupposes that god exists – whatever that is.

• patroller says:

The Captain thinks the FSM is above all. Little does he know…..

Disabled toilet.

• Captain Birdseye says:

Patroller assumes that the imaginary Christian god is above all. Little does he know that being a jerk for Jesus dooms him to Pastafarian Hell (nothing he’s not already used to). Repent!

• Amazon says:

Thank you for your recent order, Mr. Patroller. Express delivery to your door will be within 24 hours.

• patroller says:

Hankey has a sick mind. The Captain needs help.

Disabled toilet.

2. Randy says:

Just in time for Ramendan!

• Captain Birdseye says:

Would that be a month-long noodle-fest?

3. wolfie says:

ooh! Ramendan, I shall alert my kraken and dust off my colander, I will need a good blessing to give my parish, I want full noodle jacket and the boiling of sins to occur

4. wolfie says:

as a linguiniest, I never strain the noodle dust off my colander
    and I wear sacks of pesto I throw at people in my blessings

• Captain Birdseye says:

You seem a cunning linguiniest, Wolfie.

• wolfie says:

I take that as a compliment and id rather not thank you for it, although I do

• Niels Fries says:

You seem like a really stupid kid, get a life

5. Reverend Jeff says:

Unfortunately the Victorian Government is back peddling on it’s acceptance of the colander as legitimate religious headwear, but an enterprising young Aussie has come forward with a solution; an ‘official’ holey colander. Check it out here: https://www.igmcsporran.com/

I’m certainly going to buy one.

• Niels Fries says:

It’s not religious head wear, it’s not even a real religion, which makes it better!

But serious or not, no one should be allowed to bend the rules, just like with ID photots, i don’t care what you believe, NO, what you CLAIM to believe, but Muslim bitches shouldn’t be allowed to pack them selves in robes and scarfs so much that they might as well be men pretending to be their own wifes, and they are serious about their believes, FUCK OFF with trying to make the world waste more time and energy by being retarded!

Fuck off and die, you fucking retarded mouth breathers!

• Captain Birdseye says:

Out of the thousands of religions to choose from, Niels, I’ll hazard a complete guess that you’re Christian.

• Ross McNeilage says:

I thought Niels Fries ( Fries, get it! ) was a play on words!! :-)

• Mr. Hankey says:

I suspect, Ross, that Niels is indeed suffering from repeated failed attempts in a dry electric chair. Rather like Patroller.

• Patroller says:

Hankey, give the chair a go. You’ll love it.

Disabled toilet.

• Mr. Hankey says:

There’s nothing quite like a recommendation from experience.

• patroller says:

Hankey, I’ve observed others on the chair before the Master. Join them and know oblivion.

6. Gabriel Gideon says:

We offer all kinds of loan to interested individuals and companies, such as personal management, business management, mortgage fund, Bill Fund, Student management, vehicle management, and much more. Our credit services are well insured and acceptable, so we can have a successful event. Our minimum amount of credit varies from $5000 to $100,000,000. With a minimum duration of 1 year and a maximum duration of 30 years. For more information and application, please contact us now on this

email: [email protected]
    Tell: +91910836249

7. captn colander says:

Well done Capt’n Tanya Watkins, i await with ernest anticipation my passport renewal be returned with the colander donned photos as is my drivers licence. Love your work, keeping the bastards honest (somewhat for politicians).