Australia Officially Recognizes the Church of FSM

Published May 22nd, 2017 by Bobby Henderson

Big news

The government of Australia, after years of court proceedings, has decided that Pastafarians will be allowed to wear religious headgear in ID photos.

Here’s the backstory

A few years ago, a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster Australia (CFSMA), was allowed to wear his headgear (colander) when photographed for his license, but later forced to surrender the license for a replacement, without headgear.

Preshalin obtained his NSW driver’s license last year, and, at the time, was permitted to wear his religious headwear for his photograph. He has now been informed that he must surrender his present license and have a new photograph taken without his religious headwear, as the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not a ‘recognised religion’.

The CFSMA has been fighting in court ever since, and today they were informed that a decision had been made to allow Pastafarians equal religious protection. Victory!

From Captain Tanya Watkin’s media release:

On behalf of the CFSMA I am delighted to announce that the Hon. Melinda Pavey, NSW Minister for Roads, Maritime and Freight, has confirmed that the present policy enforced by RMS regarding religious head coverings in driver’s licenses (that specifically named Pastafarians as being subject to discrimination by not allowing our chosen head covering to be worn) will be changed. The new policy will reflect the fact that NSW Government Departments will show respect and consideration towards all people who wear a head covering. When the new policy is implemented, people will no longer have their stated religion checked against a list of ‘recognised’ religions.

Congratulations to the CFSMA

The Church of FSM Australia continues to blow me away. Tanya Watkins, Captain of CFSMA, especially, deserves a round of applause — she took it on herself to lead the fight, and after more than two years, won a victory for Pastafarians everywhere.

Sincere thanks, and congratulations, to Tanya and everyone from the CFSMA.

78 Responses to “Australia Officially Recognizes the Church of FSM”

1 2 3 4
  1. Dee says:

That’s an amazing win, not just for Pastafarians but against lists of ‘recognised’ religions.

Congrats CFSMA.

• Niels Fries says:

NO! That’s retarded, the only valid thing about this is Pastashitism is so ridiculous that it takes some away from the other ‘serious’ religions, otherwise, people should be fined for wearing stupid shit in serious photos and being idiots in real life..

One thing is what you do with your friends when being teenager and feeling a little stupid and giggelish, but when you’re an adult and going out in the real world, you have to accept that your bullshit means about as little to others, as others shit means to you!

So yeah,down with religion, and fine having fun, but one thing is making fun of religion, that’s a question of taste, but the other part is where life is serious, and what kind of retard do you have to be, to claim you’re really Pastashitting, and follow it religiously, instead of admitting you thought this joke you heard is funny and tagging along because you never came up with jokes yourself because you have no independent thought or humor

• Danny boy says:

Are you mentally damaged Niel? Get with the program and learn to grow tf up

2. Leo Hoppe says:

Hello my name is Leo Hoppe. Just became a member!!!

• Rasputin says:

welcome.

• Lord Diggy Damn says:

yeetful

3. Cap'n Bucatini says:

Hip, hip, hooray!

4. SillyKiwiMan says:

Fantastic! When my license expires in a few years, I’m going for it.

Any Pastafarians in Sydney interested in celebrating this monumental win for religious equality? Titus Jones in Marrickville on Saturday night. They let me dress like a pirate and take my dogs inside…

• Niels Fries says:

Now shut the fuck up and do what you think is funny, but don’t try to act like you’re original or even funny in any way.. you’re a shithead and if you make sucjh shit, you’ll realize some day how stupid you are and how much stupid shit you wasted time oon.. IF you ever grow up

5. FSMily says:

Aaaaaargh!!!
    In the US we are still stupid. Good job in Australia to the CFSMA.

• Niels Fries says:

At least that is right.. you’re a population of almost retarded children..
      But you are even more stupid than the average, because you go on about this bullshit in stead of focusing on something at least important to well, ANYTHING!

6. Cardinal Sue says:

WTF….Clarification required here. The bloke in your picture got his licence because the way had already been paved. I was the first Victorian to be issued with a drivers licence wearing my colander…. Equal first with a bloke named Ben or so Vicroads claimed. And it took a lot of mettle, stalking, cheek, good manners when I just wanted to scream expletives, persistence….phone calls, emails and veiled threats and rum. Our licences eventually arrived but took about 3 months longer than usual, including both of us being lied to/told that we needed to be rephotographed because they had ‘lost’ our photos. The knowledge of how to deal with these bureaucrats and achieve success has come from experiencing harassment in the past by various govt departments and learning what NOT to say, to record and document all communications and to get advice from those in the know ….and thanks to Tanya for her support in this area. After Ben and I were successful, a student from Singapore studying in Melbourne was also successful and possibly many more. It is quite possible that the holdups may be attributed to SOMEONE working at the NSW plastic card manufacturing facility. Now that NSW is also on board (the pirate ship) it is full steam ahead. So whip out your colander and camera, puff out your chest and proceed… and don’t forget to say R’amen and may the sauce be with you.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Thank you from the heart of my bottom for your good work. Verily, I was cowed at my last photo-taking by the angry looking woman with the luxurious moustache and gigantic crucifix when I got to the front of the line. Perhaps someone looking a little less conservative and I may have had the meatballs to go through with it, I even had a colander in my bag, just in case. Sadly my testicular fortitude was found lacking. I’m just not good at arguing with diminutive Greek women.

• Niels Fries says:

You said in a previous comment you would go for it, and now obviously lying, you said you tried it a while ago.. I know you want to be popular, and you have no friends, no desirable skills, bad smell, no humor and is just really unoriginal and full of shit… But lying on the internet about the what’s all the craze, that’s the most pathetic… I’ve really seen pathetic, but i think this takes the cake.. you lonely piece of…………….

• Niels Fries says:

But nicely formulated lie… you scumbag..
        You’re so lonely (and it’s true!) that you ask people on a fun thread if there’s any other losers like you in Sydney and if they wanted to party with you.. any excuse will do.. errrhm! Pastafarianism! Yes, yes.. not because of loneliness

• Captain Birdseye says:

Niels, is your aim evangelism, or, are you simply out of control?

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Projecting. Definitely projecting

7. Michael C. Jr. says:

I congratulate the CFSMA for their achievements and hope to see more colanders and less “disabled toilets” in the future.
    RAmen

• Patroller says:

The ‘disabled toilets’ have not gone away.

How are things anyway with all of you FSM fools?

Disabled toilet.

8. Gilberto says:

I am at the RTA now and they are refusing my photo with a collander on me Head. Do you guys have any extra official documentation I can present to them?

• Gilberto says:

All good fellow Pastafarians I got my NSW drivers license picture taken today. Should have my new license within 10 days. Yay!

• Captain Birdseye says:

Congratulations! Hopefully, Gilberto, this has created enough Pastafarian sympathisers within bureaucracy, to help get equal rights on other matters, such as tax.

• patroller says:

Ignore the galatically idiotic contributions from Birdfool. He is simply an idiot who deserves nothing but contempt. Go back to your cesspit, you scum.

• Niels Fries says:

It’s amazing! It’s used to make religion looked less serious upon, which we really need nowadays! And people use it as a way of being idiots!

Even that retard Patroller! thinking you’re stupid for saying, maybe this opening can be used to solve real problems, and the retard thinks “Leave our religion alone” well, i heard about it before you did, me and my friends tripped over it and had fun with it eight years ago

1 2 3 4