Pastafarians Marching For Science — Contradiction?

Published April 24th, 2017 by Bobby Henderson

Congratulations and thanks to everyone who took part in the March For Science Rally. I’m relieved to see democracy in action by a sensible group of people.

Even though we Pastafarians are skeptical of “science” and “logical conjecture based on evidence”, we respect the idea of science – its search for knowledge – and we admire the people who dedicate their lives to the cause.

How then is it not a contradiction for Pastafarians, a faith-based group, to support science, or at least support scientists?

We Believe an all-mighty Flying Spaghetti Monster alters the universe in a way that makes it *appear* that the scientific method is sound, that humanity’s knowledge and its advancement out of caves and into spaceships is a direct result of this process. It appears that we can deductively infer conclusions through experiment and reason.

We can’t fault Scientists who have not yet seen the Light – they are doing their jobs, and they are intellectually honest. The same can not be said for some groups, including many groups who have a Belief structure that stems from faith.

So why is Pastafarianism correct, when it sometimes contradicts reason? Because the FSM says so, and we Believe1.

1. Circular Logic is allowed in religion.

Note — the FSM was spotted in Greenville, North Carolina — article here.

97 Responses to “Pastafarians Marching For Science — Contradiction?”

1. andrea says:

I wore my FSM hat with an added mini pussyhat between her eye stalks at the DC march. I got a lot of love for the FSM. She got very wet and her body got stretched so I am taking her apart and putting her on a new base hat.

• Captain Birdseye says:

Andrea, I’m not sure I’m getting the correct mental image of what a wet and stretched ‘pussy hat’ might look like.

2. Rasputin says:

Well Done Andrea, please show us your pussy hat at future events.

• Captain Birdseye says:

It would seem that The FSM was delighted by the offering. Could we soon hear the patter of tiny noodles?

• Captain Birdseye says:

Charles Darwin’s brother-in-law (or cousin?) is reported as performing the first science experiment on Christianity. He reasoned that, because every congregation in Britain prayed weekly to their god for the good health of the royal family, if prayer worked, the family should be significantly more healthy. However, there was no difference in health or longevity between them and a matched group, living an identical life-style, who were not prayed for. He concluded that God Save The Queen was a false waste of time and suggested The FSM Save The Queen. I don’t think he was very popular, but, a few centuries earlier and he would have been burned at the stake.
        Let us not forget Galileo and the heretical Pasta-Packing Pope-Pa.

• Bill says:

That just shows they were praying to the wrong god, if it had been Pastafarians praying then Queen Victoria would still be alive and well today.

3. Tracey Hunt says:

It was actually Greenville, South Carolina (much different than it’s northern namesake). I was there & snapped a pic with his Noodliness!

4. Rev KG says:

I had the esteem privilege of meeting Our Lord and Savory last year in DC. I wish I could have been there in Greenville. We are truly blessed to have such a wonderful deity! R’Amen!!!

5. Fat Bastard says:

Rev. KG, if that’s a genuine beard, it would look fantastic, for special events, plaited into noodles. Some copper or solder wire would help with the shaping.

• Keith says:

That being the case, the cheeks need to be stuffed and painted to look like meatballs.

• Fat Bastard says:

Perfect, Keith. Rev. KG would look splendid in a parade and certain to get a newspaper photo.

6. Marianduja Strozzapreti says:

Abbiamo tradotto l’articolo in italiano qui/Italian version here: https://www.facebook.com/chiesapastafarianaitaliana/posts/1630723313623324

7. Bert says:

Now that Trump has signed the new executive order relaxing the Johnston amendment, Church of FSM needs to start collecting tax-exempt donations and endorsing political candidates! We need politicians who will defend our noodly rights!

• Captain Birdseye says:

Bert, I’m surprised that an FSM brand of pasta and sauces is not on the shelves (come on, Bobby). They’re the ones I would buy. I’m sure that Catholics sell their wafers tax-free.

8. Pastadamus says:

I would quite appreciate being notified of these events beforehand in the future. I was recently at the pirate-themed renfaire in Utah, and I was sorely disappointed with the fact that I saw absolutely no other Pastafarians there.