Oklahoma Ten Commandments Monument Has Been Ordered Removed — Victory

Published June 30th, 2015 by Bobby Henderson

zerocommandments

Good news everybody, the Oklahoma Supreme Court ordered the Ten Commandments monument must be removed from the state Capitol, saying it violates the Constitution, which bans using public property for the benefit of religion.

This Politico article goes into it in more detail:

Before the statue was installed in 2012 as a gift from Republican state lawmaker Mike Ritze and his family, legislators argued that it was not religious, but historic. Additionally, the U.S. Supreme Court found that a similar monument in Texas did not violate the establishment clause because it was intended to convey a historic and social meaning and did not constitute a religious endorsement.

The 6-foot-tall monument’s installation prompted other groups, from the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster to Satanists, to try to get permission to build their own monuments on the grounds of the state Capitol to mark what they also characterize as historical events.

Big thanks to all the Pastafarians in Oklahoma pushing for equality and the ACLU for doing the tedious work of fighting this case in court.

And the Satanists did a tremendous job of bringing attention to this issue, not to mention that their monument was a work of art:

Capture

The statue features the seven-foot tall, horned figure of Baphomet fawned upon by two exultant children. The statue is a symbol to “celebrate our progress as a pluralistic nation founded on secular law.”

I’m sure it won’t be long before this stuff is in the courts again:

Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt vowed to file a petition for a rehearing, saying that “the court completely ignored the profound historical impact of the Ten Commandments on the foundation of Western law,” according to local reports.

It’s too bad that these guys are so bent on pushing religion. I feel like there must be something more beneficial to the public they could be spending their time on.

But for today, I feel like we are making progress.

361 Responses to “Oklahoma Ten Commandments Monument Has Been Ordered Removed — Victory”

1. TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

Hey, I overslept and missed yesterday’s latest “end of the world”. What happened? How many people got raptured?

• The Sauceror says:

Proud Marinara, the fact that no one has responded to you is a clear indication that the world has finally come to an end this time. Pity. I’m really going to miss existence for a while– at least until I get used to nonexistence.

• The Sauceror says:

P.S. I’m sure that you are aware that one of these times they are actually going to be right– even if it takes 10 trillion years of predicting the end. Better Carpe Eternum while you still can.

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

I was really hoping some of those self-righteous bastards WOULD get raptured.

2. Dog astap says:

So you don’t believe in religious monuments in public but your cool with Satanism. Anytime you said there in a better place when they died you were lying. Your grandma or grandpa or mom or dad, that had a horrible death is probably not in heaven and since you don’t believe in heaven but you know there’s a hell. When you die its going to start at your feet, and work its way up. There’s something after death we can’t prove it on this side but if im wrong when I die nothing happens. But when you die your going to hell. Go research death bed visions.

• Excelsior says:

Dear Dog,
      There you go threatening us with hell again! Satanism never threatens us with hell. Only your sky-daddy created a hell because he loves us so much that he will torture us in hell for eternity if we don’t worship him now! People don’t worship God because they love him, they worship God because they’re afraid of going to hell! They aren’t really worshipping, they’re buying “hell insurance”! The great scientist Pascal said: “I don’t believe in God, I only worship him so I won’t go to hell. It’s better to be safe than sorry!” It’s called the “Pascal Wager”, look it up in Wikipedia.
      Pastafarians aren’t afraid of your hell, we aren’t afraid of anything! Aaaaahhhrrrggg Ramen!

• Keith says:

If people see visions on their death bed it is very unlikely that they are in a position to clearly describe what they are supposed to be seeing. They are, after all, dying and their faculties (including mental and speech faculties) are shutting down. If you are in fact referring to “Near Death” experiences they are not visions of an afterlife because the person involved did not die.

• Saint Gnocchi says:

Dear DogAtsup, What exactly is on your mind? If you’ll excuse the exaggeration?

• The Sauceror says:

Hello Dog. You like to play ruff, do ya? Good. I like to play ruff too. Woof.

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

Go research some grammar. Damn, that was hard to read! Aside from missing punctuation and improper use of verbs, you misused the words “your” (twice), “here” and “its”.

• Rasputin says:

Dear Dog Atsap, we’re not into Satanism. We’re into Satinism. There is a difference, you know.

• The Sauceror says:

DearProudMarinaraitsalwaysentertainingtoreadcommentswherepeoplespeakmuchwhilesayingnothingwhybotherusingperiodscommasapostrophesanypunctuationatalmarksatallorevenspacesitallseemssoredundantRamen

• Rasputin says:

Dear Saucey, did you manage to take a breath?

3. J-Rock says:

It’s been SO REFRESHING for me to see all of the wonderfully keen, clever observations and excellent points about traditional religion, their outdated, backwards, threatening, and just plain ridiculous dogma, that the Pastafarians have addressed over these last few.days…
    Just learned of the Church of the FSM the other day after seeing the story of the woman in Massachusetts and her fight to wear her colander in her license photo.
    Absolutely LOVE what I’ve learned so far!!!! Looking forward to learning more!
    I myself am a recovering Catholic. So nice to find like-minded individuals who are sick and tired of these bible toting crackpots and their stupid empty threats of eternal damnation!!!!

AAAAARGHHHH!!!!!

I have been SAVED by His Holy Noodley Appendage!!!!

• Rasputin says:

Welcome, J-Rock! Please come here more often! Live long and pasta!

4. seo says:

Hello Web Admin, I noticed that your On-Page SEO is is missing a few factors, for one you do not use all three H tags in your post, also I notice that you are not using bold or italics properly in your SEO optimization. On-Page SEO means more now than ever since the new Google update: Panda. No longer are backlinks and simply pinging or sending out a RSS feed the key to getting Google PageRank or Alexa Rankings, You now NEED On-Page SEO. So what is good On-Page SEO?First your keyword must appear in the title.Then it must appear in the URL.You have to optimize your keyword and make sure that it has a nice keyword density of 3-5% in your article with relevant LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing). Then you should spread all H1,H2,H3 tags in your article.Your Keyword should appear in your first paragraph and in the last sentence of the page. You should have relevant usage of Bold and italics of your keyword.There should be one internal link to a page on your blog and you should have one image with an alt tag that has your keyword….wait there’s even more Now what if i told you there was a simple WordPress plugin that does all the On-Page SEO, and automatically for you? That’s right AUTOMATICALLY, just watch this 4minute video for more information at. Seo Plugin

• Zac says:

Reading this from my broken iPhone but got the idea anyways, thanks!

• The Sauceror says:

Good try, Fuck-nut. You’re still a fraudster. Go fuck yourself, since no one else will.

• Keith says:

Release the borched mesoms!`

• Captain Hook says:

YYYYYAAAAARRRRRR

5. Rasputin says:

I’m in the UK, where nativity displays are permitted in public places. Saw the big nativity scene in the town centre today. Jebus had blue eyes. Not exactly historically accurate.
    I’d like to see the scene where Mary gets f*cked by the holy spook. I’d queue to see that.
    I wonder if they’d allow a Pastafarian display on 19 September (International Talk Like a Pirate Day), showing Mosey, the Midget, the FSM and a bunch of pirates.

• The Sauceror says:

Dear Rasputin, in this you-‘kay place of which you speak, do you have an “equal discrimination for everybody but us” policy, like US in the you-ess, or do you have more of a “that’s the way it is. Deal with it.” policy? Do you have the option for equal access for our noodly religion? When I bring up the same question to not particularly religious Canadians, I usually get a shrug and an “It’s a tradition” answer. When I point out that horses and buggies were also once a tradition, and their roads aren’t clogged with horses and buggies, I get laughed at as if I said something humorous. That’s quite funny in and of itself, considering that, as you know, I have no sense of humor whatsoever.

• Rasputin says:

I like it. Horses and buggies were once a tradition. Good analogy. A century ago, tuberculosis and rickets were normal. We’ve moved on since.

• The Sauceror says:

I agree. Unlike religion, science has evolved quite a bit since those days.

6. Rasputin says:

Evolution. I love it. Hence my second penis.

• The Sauceror says:

You can never have two mini penises.

• Rasputin says:

Ha Ha!

7. homedecorideass.xyz says:

Hey there, You’ve done an excellent job. I will definitely digg it and personally suggest to
    my friends. I’m confident they will be benefited
    from this web site.

8. 銆愰€佹枡鐒℃枡銆?銆?銇点亱銇点亱銉曘儹銈偨銉曘偂銆€浜屼汉鐢ㄣ€€銉掋儳銈?銆?/銉兗銈裤偆銉?銉曘儹銈偨銉曘偂/銈炽兗銉娿兗銈姐儠銈?浜屼汉鎺涖亼鐢?銉掋儳銈?銉兗銈姐 says:

Hurrah, that’s what I was looking for, what a information! present here at this webpage, thanks admin of this web page.