Road mark sighting

Published October 5th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

I was walking with my son one evening last month when we spotted the Noodly one on a road marking.  We gave thanks by eating pasta twirls with cheese and tomato as soon as we got home.

David & Ben  — Carlow, Ireland

image

Is this a sign from the FSM or maybe a Pastafarian road worker evangelizing to the passers-by?

79 Responses to “Road mark sighting”

1. The Lord Of Da Wings says:

Ramen.

2. The Lord of FSM says:

Hi Christy,

Here to say that, I am with you girl. This religion is nuts and all of you need to severely figure out what ever mid-life crisis you are going through.

I mean flighinngh spaghetti monster really? are you serious? Find a better name.

R’amen straight to a counsellor

The Lord of FSM

3. Julie says:

HOW DARE YOU LITTLE IMBECILE INCOMPETENT HUMAN BEING. THE FLYING SPAGETTI MONSTER IS A PERFECT NAME, AND YET U ARE SO DUMB YOU DONT SEE IT.
    WE HAVE A RIGHT TO BELIEVE IN WHAT IS REAL. AND I NEVER WENT THROUGH A MIDLIFE CRISIS. THE SPAGETTI MONSTER SAVED ME FROM MY OWN INTERNAL HELL OF SINNING, AND I WILL FOREVER BE GRATEFUL. YOU CAN SUFFER IN YOUR OWN SUFFERINGS WHILE I AMD STRONG WSITH THE FSM BY MY SIDE.

R’AMEN.

ALSO AMEN DOESNT EVEN MEAN ANYTHING AT LEAST R’AMEN IS A NOODLE

• Captain Birdseye says:

And ‘forever grateful’, Julie, includes all those who grate their own cheese.

• The Lord of FSM says:

THIS IS SO DUMB.

I have no words.

Obviously you do.
          Can you suggest a sensible alternative religion? One with evidence.

4. The Lord of FSM says:

Well the only plausable religion with actual evidence is atheism and science. If there was a “flying spaghetti monster” there is no actual way of proof.

The only reason I am curious about FSM is just because it is so bizarre.

But then again all religion is.

But this stuff is just wacko and seems a tad like a joke.

• Keith says:

Neither atheism nor science can be plausible religions for the simple fact that they are not religions. You haven’t read the “about” section on this website, have you?

• GaySatanSpawn says:

Honestly I don’t understand why you’re attacking our religion like this. What have the Pastafarians ever done to you? We are just living our lives peacefully worshiping the great FSM enjoying the his/her ability to manifest his/herself within road markings and you come out of nowhere and decide to slander all that we believe in.

Please rethink your ways Lord of FSM,

Ramen

• Captain Birdseye says:

Don’t worry about it, GaySatanSpawn, those silly Fundamentalists worship a zombie who can only manifest his image on a piece of toast.

• The Lord of FSM says:

Oh my gosh, Your so called proof, is an actual scratch on the side of the road.
          And you worship what, a ball of pasta.
          Honestly I don’t care if this “thing” could be a religion.
          I just don’t understand how people physically seriously believe that the flying spaghetti monster is real.
          And if so, I hope you are enjoying yourselves cause you are most certainly under the influence of some kind of drugs or alcohol.

ramen straight to a hospital

The lord of FSM

• Captain Birdseye says:

TLoFSM, I can’t see the word ‘proof’ anywhere. I remain fascinated by your earlier mention of ‘proof’ for atheism. Can you provide it?
          You should have just stopped at ‘I don’t care’ before demonstrating that you do.

• Keith says:

TLoFSM: You still haven’t read the “about” section on this site, have you?

• The Lord of FSM says:

Captain Birdseye, There needs not to be proof for atheism as it is basically the belief that there is no religion and that in it self, I concede atheism isn’t entirely fitting in your definition of religion.

Science however, while cannot be proven as is the same with EVERY religion, has theories and mathematical evidence to show that it is more plausible than other religions.

People are entitled to their own beliefs and opinions so I will not try to say that you shouldn’t worship FSM, I am just demonstrating my personal opinion that it is not as plausible as other religions.

And if anything I would NEVER be a fundamentalist, as I do not believe in religion in the first place.

• The Lord of FSM says:

Also Keith, I have read the “About” section of the website, and still am struggling to find the so called “hard science” that backs FSM. Except string theory of course but even then your FSM only spreads around earth from what I figured out so it would be wrong.

• Captain Birdseye says:

TLoFSM, equivocation and sophistry, the hallmarks of religiosity, appear to be your strong points.
          By definition, a-theism is an ‘absence of belief in gods’, not, a ‘belief in the absence of gods’, which is a new meaning and an oxymoron.
          It is impossible to define science as a religion without rendering both words meaningless and every activity a religion. But you already knew that.

5. Jackie says:

How so? For if the church of FSM is a religion, and religion is merely a belief of a higher power and if someone believes in a higher power or faith in a deity or idea which for all we know could be science.

I hate to see our community who has often been the target of nay-sayers being mean towards people.

It is just an opinion and everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

• Captain Birdseye says:

‘Belief in a higher power’ is not the definition of ‘religion’. Equivocation can produce any desired conclusion.
      Just because some people can turn anything, including science, into a religion, does not mean that science is a religion.

6. The Lord of FSM says:

The definition of religion is, a particular system of faith and worship, so that basically is what Jackie phrased badly.

Don’t attack her, she is a neutral power.

She’s just saying freedom of speech or some nonsense like that.

And also you turned pasta into a legitimate religion so i’m pretty sure you can turn anything into a religion.

7. Captain Birdseye says:

I concede defeat.

hahah trolllolololololololololol

8. Julie says:

I am ashamed of the human race to even think we are arguing over a religion. No one ever tells the christians that their religion is dumb. Although I log in and find people personally attacking the church of the FSM on our very own website. Do none of you have any respect.

You who don’t believe in the FSM are attacking us saying their is no proof and that it is dumb. Obviously you narrow minds can’t see that the scratch on the side of a road is not just a scratch but PROOF that the FSM is signalling us and giving us a sign that he is our their and is helping us. We are not dumb to believe this and as said before in this post anyone can believe anything they want. Do not attack us just because you are insecure in your lives. Maybe turning to the FSM can help you. I encourage you. Maybe then you can understand the pure delight this religion gives to your mind and you taste.

Pastafarians have never done anything to you haters, so leave us alone. Tonight I shall have a bowl of noodly pasta with meat balls to celbrate my belief and show the FSM I care

Julie

• Captain Birdseye says:

And I shall toast you with a jug of rum, Julie.
      Fundies are addicted to criticising and arguing; it takes their mind off their lack of faith.

• Keith says:

Fundies also sometimes have the habit of posting on our site and claiming to be atheists. Lying for Jeebus seems to be an acceptable practice in their book.

• Captain Birdseye says:

I was thinking exactly the same, Keith. Equivocation and sophistry are my indicators for religiosity. Lying for Jesus relies on the Fallacy of morals being a ‘bankable’ commodity.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

To be fair, I actually DO spend a bit of time telling christians that they and their faith are stupid. I do the same thing to anyone of a religious bent who decides that I should believe the same thing as them.

I don’t tend to start the fight, I do tend to finish it.

• Keith says:

I daresay that you don’t go on to their sites pretending to be a christian and making bizarre assertions (such as “atheism is the belief that their is no religion”).

• Keith says:

Sorry: “there”, not “their”. The heat has addled my brain.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

No, indeed.

Unfortunately I went from healthcare, dominated by catholic women who found my atheism a personal affront, to being a sparky, where I’m surrounded by a disappointing number of bigots and ultra-conservatives.

• ramenmyass says:

Keith, I am not sure how full your brain is of pasta, but I regret to inform you not all atheists are christians pretending to be an atheist. Actually probably everyone claiming to be an atheist on this site is actually ‘shock horror’ an atheist. Welcome to kindergarten.

Believe in what you want but one question:
          how can a flying spaghetti monster exist before humans when spaghetti is something the human race has created?

Before I say this just to clarify, I am an atheist. I believe all religion is dumb (though your’s the dumbest I have come across so far). So do not think I am sticking up for a religion I am not. I am just wondering whether you all got hit by a bus and that is why you believe in this garbage. Like honestly sit down, have a cup of tea and ask yourself, why the fuck do i think a bit of spaghetti is flying around in the sky while scientist continue to prove that it is highly impossible?

• Captain Birdseye says:

Clearly, ramenmyass, you are more than just an atheist: anti-theist zealot may be more accurate.
          Reference please for the scientific ‘proof’ that you quote. I assume you have already persuaded Christians that talking snakes, Jewish zombies and Eternal Damnation do not exist. I can only but wonder whether you have some sort of mental illness that excuses your thinking.

• Captain Birdseye says:

…. also, Keith proposed that fundamentalist Christians ‘sometimes’ post as atheists, which is true, whereas, you changed this to ‘all’, inventing a new proposition which is obviously false, yet, is what you smugly address.
          The FSM moves in mysterious ways and existed before man invented a name for Him/Her/It.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

The whoosh is strong with ramenmyass…

• ramenmyass says:

Captain Birdseye,
          Can I ask whether you ever learnt to read. Most of the stuff you state I said I never said. No I haven’t gone around telling christians there religion is dumb, I saved my time for you guys.
          I am just an atheist, having fun taking the micky out of your religion. I did not mention anything about scientific proof, maybe you need glasses. I looked at the above posts and you keep going on about it as well, where no one else has said anything.
          Keith, merely stated he thought many christians post as atheists for jesus. I said I thought all who have posted on this forum are generally not christians but in fact atheists.
          BTW how could the FSM be alive before humans when pasta, is a human invention?

• Captain Birdseye says:

Ramenmyass, you changed Keith’s word ‘sometimes’ for ‘all’. You changed the definition of the word ‘atheist’ to also include anti-theist. Your words are ‘scientists continue to prove’. You resort to Ad Hominem. It’s pure sophistry and it’s yourself that you ridicule.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Ramenmyass, read the “about” tab.

You’re giving atheists a bad name.

• Captain Birdseye says:

SKM, I suspect that is Ramenmyass’ intention. But, the attempt is so pathetically fundyish that it could give primates a bad name. It seems pretty clear that she/he is lying for Jesus.

• ramenmyass says:

I hate Jesus. I’m an atheist through and through. Stop saying I’m lying for Jesus. It is not a good argument. Just because you have run out of arguments to stand up to your religion does not mean you can make assumptions.

• Captain Birdseye says:

Ramenmyass, atheism means an absence of belief in gods. It does not mean hating gods, which is anti-theism. It seems difficult to hate something without simultaneously validating its existence.

• ramenmyass says:

Ok then I don’t believe in gods, through and through. Stop picking at atheism. Work on some solid arguments to defend your religion without starting arguments which have nothing to do with the FSM.

• Keith says:

You haven’t said anything worth debating. All you have done is fling around abuse like a chimp flings dung.