Certificates of Ordination now available

Published August 22nd, 2011 by Bobby Henderson


The paper Certificates of ordination are ready.  If you’d like one,  you can order one here.  Updated — The cost is $20 shipped to the US and $30 shipped international.

Note — the certificates have been updated to use a nicer lithograph paper. The price is now $25, for both Domestic and International orders, shipping included. We also now have ID Cards.

51 Responses to “Certificates of Ordination now available”

  1. Christina MF says:

    I’m looking to marry my brother (to his fiancee) in Chicago next year. I have been “ordained” by the ULC but haven’t purchased my certificate of good standing yet. Can I get one of these from you? I’d much rather keep my money within the CFSM community.

  2. Will says:

    I just contacted my county clerk’s office an in the entire state of Arizona, the only requirement to performing a marriage is that I am recognized by the church. :) This state is amazing.

    So maybe we could find it in our time to draw up Pastafarian guidelines to performing a marriage.

    • MrIncognito says:

      Most states are similar. I performed my sister’s wedding ceremony in CA last year, and will be officiating at a friends wedding in IL in Nov. The government doesn’t usually get very involved in deciding what is a religion and what isn’t, for obvious reasons.

  3. Mitch Connor says:

    Any idea if a Pasterfarian wedding would hold up in the UK. Does anyone know the laws on UK marriages.

    • Stephane says:



      Religious marriage ceremonies (England and Wales only)
      The Church of England and the Church in Wales are allowed to register a marriage at the same time as performing the religious ceremony.
      Ministers and priests of all other religions can be authorised to register marriages and must have a certificate or licence to do so from the local Superintendent Registrar. For Jewish and Quaker marriages, the authorisation is automatic. For all other religions, if the official performing the ceremony is not authorised, either a Registrar must attend the religious ceremony or the partners will need to have separate religious and civic ceremonies.

      Marriages in the Church of England and Church in Wales
      Instead of going to the Superintendent Registrar before the ceremony, banns (a notice of the proposed marriage) can be read in the parish church of each of the partners and in the church where it has been agreed the marriage can take place. Banns must be read on three Sundays before the ceremony.
      In England, in some cases, the vicar may advise that you need to apply to the Church of England for a licence instead of using the banns procedure. You can find out more about getting married in the Church of England on the Church of England website at http://www.yourchurchwedding.org.

  4. younger says:

    Being a Pasta Pastor would be so cool.

    • Jolly Roger Jeff says:

      I like the thought of being known as Reverend Captain.

      • Keith says:

        In that case you’d be able to perform marriage ceremonies on board ship. (Japan is the only country I know of where a captain who is not a church minister/celebrant, a judge or a jp can perform marriages)

    • adam says:

      So…like….a “Pastar” then?

  5. adam says:

    So, what is the heirarchy of the church?

    Obviously the FSM is at the top, prophet is below that, and your average able-crewmen pastafarian fills the ranks, but what are the levels between? Some suggestions…

    Pastar (prounounced like pasta with an r at the end)
    Biship or FishShip, in honor of the pirate ships and/or the fish that shepherd them. These are outranked by…
    Starch-Biship, who run regions
    Mini-ster, for any midget clergy
    Profit- anyone sho assists the prophet in fundraising, or possibly church treasurers
    Whiz-erd for those that serve beer at church functions

    • Atsap Revol says:

      Adam, you have a cool sense of humor. I like the titles you proposed for Church Officials. I assume that Pastar is the Boston pronunciation of Pasta? How about a CHOirmaster (that will make sense only if one has studied organic chemistry).


    • theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

      I would amend this to be:
      Arrrr-fishship, not starch-biship.
      We also need a secretary to maintain the Church Colendar.
      Other than that, brilliant.

      • Hal says:


  6. Captain Blood says:

    Seems like some countries/states want to have a certificate of the marriage after the wedding.

    Can the Church prepare blanko certificates of the marriage with the FSM-seal and a place for the reg.no./signature of the minister etc.?

  7. Tarquin F Smythe QJM says:

    Have just received my framed Certificate of Ordination. It is fantastic. I feel truly blessed. This will help me spread the word and convert the non believers. I intend to cary out marriage ceremonys, christenings Funerals, and best of all healing through the laying on of hands.
    Please can we have a recognised ceremony guide lines for the above, except the healing, I have a few ideas myself for that.

  8. Dude says:

    is it still possible to order the framed ones?

Leave a Reply