1820731 Views

What exactly do you think you are going to prove?

Published July 22nd, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

What exactly do you think you are going to prove? it’s just disrespectful to other human beings faiths and beliefs, and im sure u of all people should know u can’t put any sense into say a devout christian. Honestly, what your doing is the equivalant of making a rude, sarcastic joke to a child that doesn’t understand humor. u cant tell a christian thats been raised from birth to believe that there’s a magic man in the clouds that he’s wrong. you’ll just get what uve been getting, hate mail, and death threats. God is the equivalant of santa exept the child is never told he isn’t real until it’s to late. and u think your doing a good thing by making up this pastafarian crap to prove how absurd the idea of god is. what i don’t think u understand is that u cant argue with idiots about this stuff as most christians are dont know a thing about science.(I apoligize to all respectable christian scientists). as an athiest, im disgusted what youre doing. like making fun of christians being killed by somali’s, and u quoting, "apparently they thought there god could give them safe passage"(yes ive read ur website). really, did it ever, or does it ever occur to you that these people are actually human being’s with family’s and feeling’s, and just because they think the world was created  differantly than u, u have to mock them… that’s kind of a dick move. your being no better than they are(religious people) by making fun of and disrespecting other people just ’cause they think differantly than u. oh wait u are religous, u worship a flying spaggetti monster. which means i have the right to ridicule u on how stupid your dumbfuck religion is(oh may the great pasta diety forgive me for my sin) and dont deny that u worship the all mighty pasta king, because your the leader of the church. with the true words of your religion written on a piece of paper. it’s ironic that u, by trying to prove how bad religion is. go about it by u yourself inbodying everything that is wrong with human beliefs. u are everything that is wrong with athiesm. u go around acting all superior and pompus, like u know better than everyone else and tell them why there wrong mockingly. the world would be a better place if u took all your "followers" (butt pirates) got on a pirate ship and ate spaggetti until you all died of overeating.have u ever heard the term live and let live? and i love it how  u post all the hate mail u get on a your page to be ridiculed by your cronies( who by the way need to get of the internet and do something productive)yes we all the the bible huggars are gonna say dumb stuff because they’re uneducated. but that doesn’t mean u have to be immature and make fun of there faults so just lay off. even though this message sounds hostile just know i agree with what your’e trying to do (i think) educating people, i just wholly disagree with how u are going about it.

-David

A short response from Bobby:

It’s not our intention to mock or offend anyone. But I realize people sometimes feel mocked  or offended.

It might be fair to say that we’re disrespectful.  I would agree that most Pastafarians don’t respect the notion that religion should sit on a pedestal.  We don’t think that because an action is explained in the context of religion it is exempt from the scrutiny it otherwise would have been subjected to.  Religion is not a free pass for crazy ideas and crazy actions.

I would agree that it’s not our place to pass judgment on those who see the world through a lens of religion.  But neither is it our place to ignore when personal belief becomes public action.  We can accept that some choose to teach their kids the earth is 6000 years old and that dinosaurs are a myth.  But if they push for those ideas to be taught in our schools, it’s no longer a question of respecting personal belief.

The idea that rational minded people must be anti-religion is a wrong one, I think.   If we must draw a line to divide ourselves, I’d prefer the line be positioned between reasonable and unreasonable people, rather than religious and non-religious people.

It’s one thing to see the world through a lens, and another thing to act as if it’s the only lens that can exist.

I believe there is no group more tolerant of other religious and nonreligious groups than Pastafarians, without question.  The death of the Christian sailors by pirates was a sad thing for everyone who heard of it, I’m sure.  My hope is that it doesn’t happen again.  The hard question is:  will criticizing the decision to venture into dangerous areas on the basis of faith help avoid a similar situation in the future?  I don’t know the answer.  But I wonder how many of their friends and family wish they had shaken them and said this is a bad idea, don’t do this.  This is one of the hard questions – this line between respect and concern.

962 Responses to “What exactly do you think you are going to prove?”

1 32 33 34
  1. Spork says:

Oh it is absolutely our place to pass judgement on the brainwashed brainwashing children into these cults (religions) the way they were. It’s victimization plain and simple. It’s the only way religion works. Press gang them into it while they’re young, impressionable, and ignorant and it has a lot better chance of sticking.

Do you think for one second if there was some Satanic community out there trying to indoctrinate kids the way muslims/xtians/jews do that those same religious groups wouldn’t completely loose their shit and demand the government do something about it? Why should it be any different for them. I see it as child abuse and it needs to stop.

There is no moral highground here. You can’t win with cultists by being nice. You have to break the pattern, violently if necessary. When religions stop lying and brainwashing the young, the weak, the stupid, the vulnerable, than I’ll be reasonable with them. Until that day, fuck them and the horse they rode in on.

• Bane says:

You are a fucking weirdo. Fuck off.

• Captain Birdseye says:

Yawn……. Bane has a crippled personality, but is incapable of insight.

• Apprentice Frederic says:

Spork, the horse they rode in on will be easier (and more fun) to fuck than the religionists themselves. An argument that has to be had – and conducted civilly, not violently, I think – is the “religious freedom” argument, which is coming, through lack of persistent opposition, to mean “I can practice any kind of bigotry I want, and you are persecuting me if you won’t accept my mistreatment of gays, Muslims (if I am Christian), Christians (if I am an anti-blasphemy Muslim), opposition to contraception” etc….. There is nothing the matter with the morality that Christ, Buddha, or Mohammed preached, the problem is that it doesn’t seem to be observed very well….sorry….

• Captain Birdseye says:

AF, is that particular equine practice a Southern thing?
        I think you have perfected the analysis of “Religious Freedom” as state-protected bigotry, persecution and child abuse. It’s perfect politics.
        I will celebrate with a cold beer and will quote you from now on.

2. patroller says:

Disailed toilet.

• Real Patroller says:

Fuck off, fake patroller. Discombobulated toilette.

3. Punkape says:

Are you a gimp Real Patroller?

Lol.

• Real Patroller says:

Punkape, only the idiotic Fake Patroller will know. Either way, she’s deranged and should be flushed. Recombobulated toilette.

• Punkape says:

You seem to know a lot about toilets, public toilets is it, Real Patroller?

Lol..

4. Captain Birdseye says:

Punkape, you may not have considered the possibility that Real Patroller is a poe of Fake Patroller, and, that Fake Patroller is a poe of Richard Doubleday, and, that Doubleday is a fuckwit purporting to be a fourth-rate troll, whose mother should have flushed it on birth.

• Punkape says:

Captain, do tell me more about this Doubleday chap?

Lol.

• Captain Birdseye says:

Punkape, the Internet’s most pathetic, most banned, wannabe-troll is Richard Doubleday, age 52, who lives in a picturesque cottage in a quaint English village. Trading under the names of Bane, Patroller and Dave, he is a bufoon who even insults his neighbours and torments dying people, claiming freedom of speech. If you want more of his boring history, follow the search leads from isacunt.com, or, ramblings of an irish grandfather.com
        As an expert in fuckwits, I have diagnosed him as autistic, narcissistic, obsessive-compulsive, psychopathic, paranoid schizophrenic and having a tiny dick. He will end his days in a prison for the insane, or, insult the wrong person.

• Captain Birdseye says:

… either way, Doubleday has repeatedly blasphemed The FSM (may He rest in pesto).
          ‘One of the greatest tricks of The FSM is to cause assholes to not believe in Him, thus, kindly saving us from sharing Heaven with them’. (Anon. fstdt)

5. punkape says:

Thanks Captain. I’ve read a bit about Doubleday, as you suggested. He’s a right nasty chap.

I see that he’s been on here with you guys for a long while. Why in hell does this person spout Disabled toilet every time? He’s a bottom feeder.

Lol…

6. Captain Birdseye says:

Punkape, as mentioned, his mother should have flushed him (may he rest in piss) on birth, but, he owes his existence to the fact that the toilet was disabled. Thus, a disabled toilet was his saviour and is now his holy font and devotional muttering. Probably.

• punkape says:

Two points Captain.

1. Rickie is not Patroller, Bane or Dave.

2. I am.

Lol…

• Captain Birdseye says:

As I suspected, but, I give people the benefit of doubt. It doesn’t matter what name you trade under, you remain a boring, deformed person and a serial failure.

• punkape says:

Captain, you are wrong about me.

Lol…

7. Fat Bastard says:

Wow…. all that time and effort trying to get a few moments of relief from the horror of one’s self. What a sick little puppy.

8. Rasputin says:

Next time the Divine Bobby modifies this site, I hope he’ll provide the option of a “thumbs up” button as on YouTube. I often want to add my hearty agreement to the words of you lads ‘n’ lasses.

• Fat Bastard says:

Rasputin, it’s a mistake to think that psychopaths are unable to empathise: by necessity, they are very good at reading other’s emotions; it’s sympathise that they despise.
      Psychopaths are the ultimate victims and their inner world is one of fear. They attempt to make other people express the emotions they deny, and then respond, using the denied emotion, now ‘justified’. Thus, they see themselves as not responsible.
      They’re emotional parasites and when one knows how they work are puppets to play with or avoid.

1 32 33 34