I am at a loss for words

Published February 4th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

I am at loss for words. Listen, I don’t understand why you people who believe in this “garbage” and at that matter, anyone who does not believe that God is not our savior feel the need to rat christians out for their beliefs. I know a couple of you can respect it, and that’s just fine with me. But many of you just plain rant on us christians, but what have we ever done to you, has god hurt you in any way? God created you, and everything you have, everything you can imagine and you say things like “I hate him” “He’s not real” “That dumb @$$ doesn’t even exist!” Well, could you please respect our opinons. We have done everything possible to reach out to you, and try to invite you to the church of Christ, and you have done nothing but rant us out.

God Bless.

-Grace

280 Responses to “I am at a loss for words”

1. able semen says:

“I am at loss for words.”

No you are not!

“Listen, I don’t understand why you people who believe in this “garbage” and at that matter, anyone who does not believe that God is not our saviour feel the need to rat christians out for their beliefs.”

I do listen. You hate mailers are great fun. So gawd is our saviour. Of course it being omnipotent/omnipresent/omnivorous it is also the cause of all our woes. Our life plans must be fully mapped by your man-made sky fairy – it knows all – in fact it IS all. Why did your god have to sacrifice itself for our sins when they are part of the plan? Why should we suffer to an all-knowing deity?

“I know a couple of you can respect it, and that’s just fine with me.”

I do not respect your religion – you need serious professional help. And it obviously isn’t fine by you as you continue…

“But many of you just plain rant on us christians, but what have we ever done to you, has god hurt you in any way?”

I don’t think we pastafarians have ever ranted like you christians (lowercase is a means of belittling by the way – must be subconscious ;-) – we don’t blog christian websites with details of how stupid their religion is (well I don’t). What does not exist can not hurt us.

“God created you, and everything you have, everything you can imagine and you say things like “I hate him” “He’s not real” “That dumb @$$ doesn’t even exist!”

Where is your proof of god’s wonderful acts? There is no actual evidence for any god. There is no physical sign of god. God is the man-made face of ignorance. If we do not understand something then, as humans are the pinnacle of intelligence, it must be supernatural. Bollocks. Where do we say we hate it? We don’t hate the non-existent. I take it this is your repressed inner hatred of childhood events surfacing. You don’t actually believe this BS either do you? But if you keep repeating it you will be ok! Aha!

“Well, could you please respect our opinons.”

I take it you meant “opinions” (perhaps it was “onions” – best if you run a spell checker next time). I am willing to respect your onions as much as you respect ours.

“We have done everything possible to reach out to you, and try to invite you to the church of Christ, and you have done nothing but rant us out.”

You haven’t tried very hard really have you? If that’s the best endurance preaching you can do no wonder we are lost! Why is it up to you to reach out to us? Just because you are deluded enough to believe you are chosen? What makes you so special? You are guaranteed a trip to your imaginary heaven are you? Travel by space-ship? Has god actually talked to you in your head? The voices eh!

“God Bless.”

Fuck off.

• Seth Barricklow says:

Don’t say things like that. That’s not what this church is about, and that is not how we deal with nonbelievers. Next time, try to obey the second I’d Really Rather You Didn’t. Don’t use His existence to oppress or punish others. If the Flying Spaghetti Monster wants us to be nice, it is our duty as Pastafarians to be kind and generous like the pirates before us!!!!!

2. Melissa says:

“God created you, and everything you have, ”
    OI IVE JUST CREATED THAT FRIKKEN SNOWMAN OUTSIDE, NOT HIM. HES TAKING MY CREDIT ?!

3. Dan says:

Grace , “garbage” doesn’t need quotes if it’s your own opinion. If you’re quoting someone else’s, please let us know who.

I don’t believe in God but I’ll never attack a Christian for their belief.

I will attack creationism, Intelligent Design or anti-evolution nonsense because that’s evangelical Christians lying about faith having scientific merit.

I will criticise you if you try and show me scientific evidence for God, there is none. If you need scientific evidence, you don’t have enough faith and you don’t truly believe.

Statements like “God created you” does not agree with my opinion that he doesn’t. You are by your own definition, disrespecting my belief. That’s fine you’re allowed to disrespect my beliefs but don’t then object to me disrespecting yours. Beliefs do not demand respect, only people. I respect your right to hold your beliefs; will you respect my right to hold mine?

I agree that many Christians here have “done everything possible to reach out to you, and try to invite you to the church of Christ”. I agree many of us have ranted you out. The point is many Christians here have a double standard, they feel they can preach to us about their god’s existence but when we respond with our own arguments, we’re told we’re being disrespectful. Are you surprised we rant sometimes?

My blessings upon you.

Dan

4. Fushigi Eve says:

Can I have my name removed from the “reaching out” list? I don’t want to go to some boring church to hear how some Zombie-Jeebus loves us. I’m going to go to our holy pirate parties, eat a plate of noodley goodness, and down it with a few meatballs, Aarg!

RAmen!

PS. We aren’t pushing our beliefs off on anyone, and we don’t annoy the shit out of decent people. You church has a few thousand years of that under its belt. Now I’m ranting at you!

5. Insightful Ape says:

I am at loss for words. Listen, I don’t understand why you believe in your holy “garbage” and at that matter, anyone who does not believe that FSM is our savior feel the need to attack pastafarians for their beliefs. I know some Christians think it’s hilarious, and that’s just fine with me. But many trolls just plain rant on us pastafarianss, but what have we ever done to you, has FSM hurt you in any way? FSM created you, and everything you have, everything you can imagine and you say things like “I hate him” “He’s not real” “That dumb @$$ doesn’t even exist!” Well, could you please respect our opinons. We are minding our own business not proselytizing to you, and you have done nothing but rant us out.

6. DavidH says:

Most religious people appear to be convinced that their god doesn’t have a sense of humour and gets very angry at a harmless joke. Maybe he is German – that would explain the dominance thing.
    For a loving being he certainly gets angry at a lot of things. I’ll stick to the FSM, thank you.

7. Meisha says:

Dear Grace:

You sure found those words you were at a loss for.

The answer to your plea is no. I will respect Christianity when it stops telling me how to live my life and who I can and cannot marry. Until the day it stops doing this, I will “rant on” Christians and their silly belief system because I can.

Have a nice day!

Meisha

• Seth Barricklow says:

8. cynical30 says:

No Gracie, I was created by the artful grace of His Noodly Appendage. That’s what I believe, and if you have a cell phone video which proves otherwise, post it on Youtube & send me a link.

RAMEN