Why FSM cannot be the creator of the universe

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby sushi on Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:23 am

Grüß Gott,

It is impossible that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. As we know spaghetti have to be boiled in water, a little salted, with a few drops of olive oil aprox 8 to 10 minutes until they are "al dente". Therefore water, a pinch of salt, and a few drops of olive oil must have existed before the FSM.

Sorry.
sushi
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Touched by a Noodle on Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:39 am

It is impossible that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. As we know spaghetti have to be boiled in a little salted water with a few drops of olive oil aprox 8 to 10 minutes until they are "al dente". Therefore water, a pinch of salt, and a few drops of olive oil must have existed before the FSM.

Sorry.

Yes. That's true, except you forgot the Flying Spaghetti Monster accidently impregnated Mrs. Time Machine.

Once the little "Flying Spaghetti Monster" learned the time machine secrets from his mother, well, he created water, salt and olive oil. He decided he had water and salt nailed so he scrapped olive oil and created extra virgin olive oil.

I could be wrong about this 'cause I haven't heard it from a guy on TV telling me who to vote for.
Touched by a Noodle
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby sushi on Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:30 pm

I don't believe it was able for an entity, which consists of al dente boiled spaghetthi, to accidently impregnate anybody.
I guess that applies to maccaroni ditto.
sushi
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Why FSM cannot be the creator of the universe

Postby D Day on Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:46 pm

sushi wrote:Grüß Gott,

It is impossible that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. As we know spaghetti have to be boiled in water, a little salted, with a few drops of olive oil aprox 8 to 10 minutes until they are "al dente". Therefore water, a pinch of salt, and a few drops of olive oil must have existed before the FSM.

Sorry.

In the beginning, there was only Him. FSM is the creator of all. He need not be boiled. Our own earthly spaghetti is merely an impression of Him. It is our tribute, our way of honoring his existence.
I'll meet you at the beer volcano. Then we'll head to the stripper factory.
D Day
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Brady on Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:53 am

Have faith my brother in Noodliness. It will get you through where logic and common sense fail.
Brady
Ziti Zealot

Postby Benedict on Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:01 am

D Day wrote:

Sorry.

In the beginning, there was only Him. FSM is the creator of all. He need not be boiled. Our own earthly spaghetti is merely an impression of Him. It is our tribute, our way of honoring his existence.

Of course. Raw spaghetti is not true spaghetti, but transubstantiates into His form through the act of boiling.
Benedict
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby PuffTheMagicDragQueen on Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:25 am

I will when I see him...
D Day wrote:In the beginning, there was only Him. FSM is the creator of all. He need not be boiled. Our own earthly spaghetti is merely an impression of Him. It is our tribute, our way of honoring his existence.

Well spoken :) You seem to be well versed in FSMism.
Do not meddle in the affairs of drag queens
for they are prettier than you and look fantastic in heels
PuffTheMagicDragQueen
Conchigliette Convert

Postby KC Observer on Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:07 am

It is impossible that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe.

A heretic!! Start boiling the water!

You, sir (or madam) will need to consume FSM's noodleyness until ytou have converted! What a delicious way to be converted!
The Pope
KC Observer
Mod

Postby futzman on Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:09 am

Sorry.

Oh gentle sushi! Of course FSM created all everything! And I have proof.

Just look at the Irreducitibley Complexiosity(tm) of spaghetti. If you remove a single ingredient, does it not become something less than spaghetti? If you remove the meatballs, do you not have to substitute something else for your "meatballs"? Which came first -- the water or the pasta? I believe these questions and the Irreducitibley Complexiosity(tm) of the complexiosity of FSM proves my point!
[i:17f394895c]Some mornings it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps.[/i:17f394895c] Emo Philips
futzman
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby sushi on Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:59 pm

Oh. I will noodle over this.

Regards from Austria
(you know, that country where Arnold Schwarzenegger and kangaroos come from)

Pasta la vista, baby.
sushi
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Cardinal Queequeg on Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:36 am

Sushi, I would point out 2 things.

First, Futzman is exactly correct, we are operating under the ass-umption of irreducible complexity here. If you can't understand or don't want to believe, simply throw your hands up in the air and shout, " It's too complex!" and you will feel better right away.

Secondly, as an Austrian, you come from a country where two generations ago Julie Andrews sang about the glories of Schnitzel with NOODLES, being one of her "favorite things" in the Sound of Music.

A prophecy?

You tell me!!!

Cardinal Queequeg
In the name of the Pasta, and of the Sauce, and of the Garlic Toast, RAmen.
I look, you look, he looks, we look, ye look, they look.
Cardinal Queequeg
Holy Harpooneer

Postby sushi on Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:05 am

futzman wrote:Just look at the Irreducitibley Complexiosity(tm) of spaghetti.

Yesterday I ordered my wife to cook a big boil of spaghetti alla bolognese. I looked at the Irreducitibley Complexiosity(tm) of it for more than two hours and thereafter I threw my hands up and shouted, " It's too complex!"
Nothing happened. Except the spaghetti had became cold and my wife called me a bloody nerd.
What did I do wrong?

Secondly, "Schnitzel with noodles" that is really blasphemy. In Austria you will be fined and burnt at the stake for just mention such composite.

By the way I suspect spaghetti with meatballs doesn't exist in real life. It just exists in movies.
(I also suspect Kansas doesn't really exist, except in Hillbilly songs)

Will I have to boil in hell for that? Or in olive oil?
sushi
Conchigliette Convert

Postby dutchroll on Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:21 am

Wow! Do you have kangaroos over there too, Sushi? :wink:

Every time I visit the US I get told that it must be great being only a short car drive from several different countries! Schnitzel with noodles? Uugh! Mit Bratkartoffeln for me. I'm certain even the exhalted FSM Himself would turn His nose up at Schnitzel with noodles.
'The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible' (Albert Einstein)
'Irrationally held truths may be more harmful than reasoned errors' (T. H. Huxley)
dutchroll
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby sushi on Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:47 am

dutchroll wrote:Do you have kangaroos over there too?

Yes. But the Austrian kangaroos are a bit smaller than the Australian, and they are armed.
Kangaroo-schnitzels taste pretty good without noodles.
sushi
Conchigliette Convert

ordering????

Postby Noodlyoodly on Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:11 pm

Sushi,

You *ordered* your wife??? Do you usually *order* your wife to do things?

Are you living in Austria in the 21st Century or in some strange time warp?

And is your wife an FSM'er? If she is, might she simply be inspired by the FSM to cook pasta instead of your *ordering* her???
The pasta is the life.

In Pastalidarity, NOOOD
Noodlyoodly
Fusilli Fuselier

Next

Return to Scripture and Lore