The Obvious Question

Posts that are locked but open for perusal.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:34 pm

Learned that one in college... movie AND book version.

Good ol' junk arts credits....
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Spatula on Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:23 pm

Religion is such a touchy subject. I LOVE talking about it, but I refuse to ever initiate such a conversation. I have very specific beliefs, and I try to follow those beliefs as best as I can, but I have found not one other person with close enough beliefs for me to want to classify them as having the same religion as me. As for how I would describe myself, it depens upon who is asking, but if it someone I know nothing about and am not likely to get into a big conversation with; Alvist. Thats probably the best alternative to pastafarianism I can think of.
Spatula
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Lou on Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:56 pm

Well, I'm currently a happy 'serious Pastafarian', though part of the staff here isn't supportive of that.

I have been at some point a Solitary Luciferian, but at that time, I wasn't old enough to join the church and I grew out of it before I could "live a nice Luciferian life until you're old enough". It should be noted that I wasn't a devil-worshipping Luciferian, but Lucifer, to me, was an archetype, not a physical, evil being. In other words, it had no connection with 'the devil'.

I was switching from Atheist to Agnostic repeatedly, not deciding if the proof that there is god(s) was good enough to keep me an Atheist.

After that, but before Pastafarianism, I was Nihilist, but too weak of one to keep the belief system in affect in my life.
Lou
Ziti Zealot

Postby Capellini on Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:48 pm

You are harping over something I didn't even come close to saying. Give it up. Its not charming, or endearing, and its not winning you lots of friends. It will earn you a reputation if you're not careful.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Lou on Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:27 pm

I was implying that my religion may be at risk, meaning may not last long if worse comes to worse. Auntie Dee Dee has already settled that risk. I was in no way trying to be humorous or 'cute'. I'm also now aware that you weren't intentionally saying anything to insult my faith, as is Qwerty. I'm not looking to make any enemies or getting any type of a negative reputation. So, I'd like to clerify that I have nothing against you or anyone else here and if I came off otherwise, I greatly apologize.
Lou
Ziti Zealot

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:35 pm

Capellini wrote:You are harping over something I didn't even come close to saying. Give it up. Its not charming, or endearing, and its not winning you lots of friends. It will earn you a reputation if you're not careful.

although I agree with Lou, I have to say. you've being kind of an ass about it. jumping to conclusions and being nasty about it. you know.

you say you weren't against lou and I being seroius pastafarians. but in arguing about it and yelling, you were offending me quite alot. wether it was intentional or not, it was insulting.

she wasn't really harping over it, she was just mentioning that we had a little argument. you seem to be "harping over" it more than she is.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Lou on Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:49 pm

I didn't want to accuse Capellini of being disrespectful and to apologize in the same post, and it probably seems strange posting this right after an apology, but I agree. Some of these snap-backs are extremely disrespectful. Some of them telling us our judgement is neither wanted, nor respected. Some of which is very attacking, even if it was your intention to be only defending yourself. I'm not asking for any sort of apology, but I'd just like to say that many of your repsonses are difficult to not take personally.
Lou
Ziti Zealot

Previous

Return to Locked Posts