Canadian Pastafarians Unite!

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby no-beard on Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:51 pm

So mr.ska, you like ska yes? :fsm_rock: (i think we need a skankin' FSM thingy BTW)
If you by any chance don't listen to ska, then you will have to be ground up and turned into sauce. or I just wont think your as cool as when i first saw your name. One of the two.

But your a pastafarian (and a canadian) so even if you don't like ska you will still get like 1000 cool points.
Temporary signature.
Something better coming sometime after right now. When I find time. Or I stop wasting my time. Whichever.
no-beard
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby mr.ska on Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:11 pm

Believe it or not, the name came well before I was even aware that there was a genre of music called "ska". Rest assured (and gimme the extra cool points) I do appreciate ska music, although have yet to really crack into it and explore. (Any good suggestions I could pick up off iTunes to try?)

How's Deadmonton? Haven't been out there in like 11 years. Almost exactly.
"Are you classified as human?"
"Negative, I am a meat popsicle."
mr.ska
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby StephyMerirosvo on Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:01 am

Then you certainly want to listen to The Planet Smashers. It's a Anglo-Montreal band and they are god damn good, especially on Gigs, but also on CD, of course. I really really recommand them! They probably go to Waterloo every once and a while... I mean, they used to come to Sherbrooke at least twice a year... I wouldn't believe it if you told me they never came to Waterloo. Or then, you would have to make it happen! ;)
StephyMerirosvo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:32 am

Caught the Planet Smashers opening for Guttermouth a while back in Calgary. Missed most of the set pre-drinking, but they were still good.

It's not strictly ska, but if you like a little punk, too, check out Choking Victim (start with the track Crack Rock Steady... it's a little more ska than most). They're split up and reformed under a couple of different bands now, but the album "No Gods, No Managers" (just Monsters??) is still my all-time favorite, any genre.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Jas on Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:58 pm

Well, it seems that Alberta is fairly well represented, oddly enough.
http://www.skepchick.org

Now accepting applications for the 2007 Calendar!
Jas
Conchigliette Convert

Postby no-beard on Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:57 pm

looks like alberta is going to be the pastafarian province.
As for ska look for The Slackers, Catch 22, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and The Toasters. I'm not sure if they are all on itunes and i cant check because I am at school.
I was so bummed when I found out I couldnt go to the guttermouth/planet smashers gig when it was in Edmonton. Apparently it was freaking awsome. But i did see the planet smashers with catch 22.
Temporary signature.
Something better coming sometime after right now. When I find time. Or I stop wasting my time. Whichever.
no-beard
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Greetings!

Postby whitesquire on Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:10 am

I've just been touched by His Noodly Appendage in Oshawa, Ontario. I must admit I feel relieved, enlightened and a little snackish.

Happy to have found my way into the light...
whitesquire
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:49 am

Welcome aboard, matey!

:D
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby whitesquire on Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:23 pm

Aarrrrr!

:fsm_yarr:
whitesquire
Conchigliette Convert

Postby boghog on Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:07 pm

Dr. Otis Lansa wrote:There's some non-posters on that list, but there's also some active Canucks that haven't popped in to say hi.

Just found this thread.

Hi from Toronto (well, not quite, but the "Greater Toronto Area" as they call it).

Yarrr, eh?

And yarr to the fellow in the Shwa.

Yarr.
Now Hypercaffeinated! Share and Enjoy!

Keep Saturn in Saturnalia!

You catch more flies with BS than you do with honey.
boghog
Lord of Linguini

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:00 pm

Heh, ran into you so many times on the forum, I assumed you were on the list.

Alberta Crew: Anyone interested in getting together and spreading the word at the Global Marijuana March in Calgary?

http://www.globalmarijuanamarch.org/
http://www.calgary420.ca/

It seems to me that there might be a few "open-minded" people at an event like this.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby ChowMein on Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:22 am

Hi Doc,At the momnent i'm in Toronto,I've also spent a goodly amount of time hopping around BC and Alta as well as touring this great and beautiful country of ours some years back.I feel all Canadians should do the tour to see for themselves the magesty of the landscape and all the delightful folks here.Heep up the good noodles :worship: Ps Are you a GP?If so you may know a bunch of Dr. type friends of mine.
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:56 am

I'm not a real doctor, but I play one online. Actually, my screen name is an anagram, but "Doc" is also nautical slang for the ship's cook, and I'm one of the more seasoned semiprofessional pasta cooks around here AFAIK.

Haven't made it back east... I'm from central BC originally and am in Calgary now. I work in BC, AB, SK and MB when needed, so I've seen a bit of the flatlands.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby rottiluv on Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:39 pm

I didn't realize there were so many Canucks on the board.

Actually I live in Chilliwack BC, I just put Vancouver because to the rest of the world if your from Canada, your either from Toronto (East) or Vancouver(West). I'd rather not spend my time trying to explain.

Anyhow, glad to be here, glad to have found the site.... Although the first time I heard of the FSM I thought it was a joke (along the lines of a minister a priest and a rabbi walk into a bar.....).

Your doing good stuff and keep up the good work

P.S. About the Pirate Ship, maybe theres a used float out there somewhere taking up storage space? Just an idea
rottiluv
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Hawk on Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:12 am

Greetings fellow Pastafarian-Canadians!

Now I should mention that I don't really live in Toronto itself, but just east of it. (in the same city as whitesquire actually) I just say Toronto because most non-Canadians have no idea that there is more then one city up here. If anybody watches Jeopardy!, you'll see what I mean... Any time the question involves a Canadian city, they contestant almost always answers "What is.... uh.... Toronto?"

I would like to share with my fellow a webpage that is dear to my heart...

Enjoy!
Hawk
Cannelloni Cannoneer

PreviousNext

Return to FSM Gatherings