The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: All Things Mods, Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

Postby Alpaca on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:23 pm

This thread is to make your official first post and to be welcomed to the forums. These posts should not be new topics in the other forums. Thanks for your cooperation.

Please note: From now on, first posts must be approved before they will appear. Any first posts made in other sections of the board will be deleted. Those that are made here will not appear immediately, as they must be individually approved by an admin. Please be patient.
-Capellini
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby SchnozzberryClock on Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:33 am

Wow, this is a really deserted thread.

Anywho. My name is SchnozzberryClock and I represent the Clock Crew devision of pastafarians. I you're wondering what "Clock Crew" is, just do some research.

I've been going to this site for a while. I thought today it was time I should join this forum.

I greatly look forward to being a part of this community and supporting the everlasting noodle master of the universe. :fsm:
:fsm:
OBEY
SchnozzberryClock
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Lord_Ravioli on Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:56 am

I already said 'Hi' a few weeks ago, but I'll do it again here to show willing

'Hi!'

Now, I'm off to watch Wycombe Wanderers* beat Mansfield Town, with the Blessing of His Noodliness, of course. Wish us luck!

*Wycombe Wanderers are a Second Division football team in England.
Lord_Ravioli
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Alpaca on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:38 am

SchnozzberryClock wrote:Wow, this is a really deserted thread.

Yeah, I know. But that's because we just released this forum what, yesterday? Two nights ago? It's very new.

And yay, Clock Crew! I'm a big fan.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby verbtea on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:34 pm

Pssst. Alpaca...

You mean "Denigrate," not "Degenerate," in the Forum Rules post.

:o
Think of the pastabilities...
verbtea
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Alpaca on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:50 pm

Degradation, degeneration, lack of sleep, same difference. :wink:

Thanks.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Ankhesenramen on Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:45 pm

Hello, everyone! I finally got up the courage to make this entry here.
It’s always a little intimidating for me to enter a new site, especially since I have a question to ask about where I should list a posting I wish to make. Oh, it’s not controversial or anything, I just don’t know what topic to enter it under. It’s a copy I’ve made of a translation and it’s a little long. It could also be one of the earliest literary references to the FSM that we’ve run across. The translation was probably done in the late 20’s or early 30’s; the paper is browned badly by age and the translator’s handwriting is very difficult to read. It’s taken awhile for me to clean it up, so to speak. “Dumbfoundedâ€￾ isn’t close enough to how I felt when I ran across this work in August of last year and I would like to bounce it off of the members here. Only half of the work is done – you’ll see what I mean if you read it. :wink:

There's not too much to say about myself except that I read a lot about a lot of subjects, love all kinds of music (except country/western--so shoot me!)have a pair of embarrassingly spoiled cats, and consider myself unbelieveably average. Is it possible to bore yourself? :? Oh, and my favorite comedian in George Carlin. :D

Thanks for any advice you can give me.
"One persons myth is another persons religion." - Unknown
--------------------------------------------------------
"There are a dozen different ways of explaining anything that really matters; and all of them are right." - Prof. H Frankfort
Ankhesenramen
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:49 pm

Ankhesenramen: Your post would probably fit best under "FSM Lore"; we can always move it afterwards if you want (ask a mod!).

Any chance of getting the original scanned and posting the image for us?

In any case, welcome aboard, and don't be intimidated... we won't make you walk the plank on your first day unless you're really bad.

Doc
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Alpaca on Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:52 pm

Welcome!

When in serious doubt, if it's FSM-related, post in "All things FSM," when it's serious, post in "Miscellaneous Serious Things," and when it's not, post in "Miscellaneous."

Though in this case, Lore is probably best.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby snaga on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:29 pm

Well I'm new, and was just converted by my best friend, who in turn was just converted by a link on the internet somewhere.
snaga
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Alpaca on Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:01 pm

Welcome! Enjoy yourself. And get your friends here, too! :)
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Ankhesenramen on Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:54 pm

Thank you all, for the warm welcome! Under "Lore" it will go.

I'd love to be able to scan them in, but the notebook is literally falling apart and what I believe to be the original papyrus has turned into what looks like a crispy mass of hairy cornflakes! Removing ancient items from their original resting places can cause all kinds of problems. Just going from the hot, dry climate of Egypt to the damp, ever-changing weather of southern New England must have played "old Harry" with it; never mind being stored in a trunk for maybe 60/70 years with who knows what kind of stuff to add to the atmosphere surrounding both items. I'm just glad I found it when I did.

I will do my best not to make you want to make me walk the plank! Shortening the story of the discovery might help make it just a wee bit easier to wade through. Here goes....................(see you in "Lore" under The Paprus of Saimin".) :)
"One persons myth is another persons religion." - Unknown
--------------------------------------------------------
"There are a dozen different ways of explaining anything that really matters; and all of them are right." - Prof. H Frankfort
Ankhesenramen
Conchigliette Convert

I have seen the light!

Postby Dr.Atkins_forbids_pasta on Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:48 am

I have beheld his holy countenance and lo!

He is covered in tomato sauce!

:worship:

Can I go play in the other forums, now?

Thank you

Forbidden Pasta
Dr.Atkins_forbids_pasta
Ziti Zealot

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:07 pm

Welcome aboard! Go play....!

:D
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Jes on Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:28 pm

I'm Jes, and found the starchy-goodness of the FSM yesterday thanks to Stumbleupon.com. I have since converted.
Jes
Conchigliette Convert

Next

Return to Standards and Practices