Anyone in Virginia

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:55 pm

The Rosslyn one may be more central for the D.C. area. Is that the one near the Iwo Jima Statue?

http://tinyurl.com/7esfr

(I tinyurl.com'd your address DD)
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby rumblemonk on Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:33 pm

hey there, i'm in harrisburg pa. well not really just a bit south. well southeast.. well........nevermind. but, i'm cool with traveling anywhere but jersey. something just feels weird about that state. no offense folks.
never go on a canoe trip with ned betty.
rumblemonk
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby aquazoo on Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:25 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:The Rosslyn one may be more central for the D.C. area. Is that the one near the Iwo Jima Statue?

http://tinyurl.com/7esfr

(I tinyurl.com'd your address DD)

That link would not load for me - what was it?

I'm not concerned with what is more central - I'm looking for convenience for whoever wants to meet. There are four of us so far, and possibly five if Rumblemonk wants to come in from Harrisburg.

I don't know if the Rosslyn Ledo is near the Rosslyn Metro stop (or if anyone will be taking Metro). Rosslyn is across the bridge from Georgetown and somewhat easier for parking. (Which may mean driving around for 10 minutes instead fo a half hour.) Fairfax, being suburban, may be better for drivers. Has anyone been to Ledo's in Fairfax?

My preference would be Ledo's in Wheaton, Maryland because I can walk there. :-) And I've been there, and it's not far from Wheaton Metro.

Next question - a weeknight or a weekend?
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby rumblemonk on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:03 pm

weekends are better for me. as for location, i will proably get lost anyway.
if ya' kids would want to have me there.
rumblemonk

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:51 pm

Thanks, Auntie Dee Dee.

Of course we'd want you there, Rumblemonk. The more the merrier.

Aquazoo- it doesn't much matter to me since I'd be coming from the sticks, anyway. But I grew up in Arlington and am familiar with it, thus that idea from me. I've lived all over D.C., so I'd be able to find my way to any of the area Ledo's. (I just Googled Ledo's and got a few.) Fairfax is actually closer to me, but maybe not so for the others in the area.

Maybe we should start a greater metropolitan D.C. thread here to see if anyone else could join us. I have met quite a few Pennsylvanians in this area, too.

BTW: Did Punxatawney Phil see his shadow this morning?

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby aquazoo on Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:11 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:Of course we'd want you there, Rumblemonk. The more the merrier.

I agree!

Sir Francis Drake wrote:Fairfax is actually closer to me, but maybe not so for the others in the area.

What I'm trying to do here is to get people to say what would be best for them, rather than guessing what might be better for someone else. That's why I'm asking if Metro accessibility is important. Nobody has said that they will only take Metro, so I guess everyone is driving?

And where is the Fairfax Ledo? Is it near the beltway or is it way-the-heck-out-there?

Sir Francis Drake wrote:Maybe we should start a greater metropolitan D.C. thread here to see if anyone else could join us. I have met quite a few Pennsylvanians in this area, too.

I'm not sure where people check or how they find various threads. I'm in Maryland, but since Virginia was nearby I decided to check it out. Is there a broader place to announce a meeting? Seems like all the other ones are in the "meetings" section, too.

Sir Francis Drake wrote:BTW: Did Punxatawney Phil see his shadow this morning?

Yes, he did.
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:33 pm

Okay. Weekends would be better for me. I have a car, so anywhere you say would be fine. :mrgreen:

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby aquazoo on Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:32 pm

Auntie Dee Dee wrote:Aquazoo, if y'all want to put up 'come look' threads in All Things and Games or Jokes, Let me know when you do, and I will Announce or Sticky them.

Qwerty can do the one in Games and Sticky it, since he's the mod there.

Also, If you want an announcement here, write it up with all itfo, and i'll Sticky/Announce it, too.

Thank you, that would be helpful!

What is itfo? I'm not sue if you meant info or if this is another acronym (they seem to spring up at an astonishng rate).

Meanwhile, to our loyal and steadfast five, Saturday or Sunday?

And would anyone like to find a map of the Fairfax Ledo's so we can conpare?

-Carol
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby rumblemonk on Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:41 pm

either saturday or sunday is fine with me. does this place serve beer? if no is it byob.
rumblemonk

Postby aquazoo on Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:01 pm

rumblemonk wrote:either saturday or sunday is fine with me. does this place serve beer? if no is it byob.

Any Virginians know?

A few of the locals are underage, so I figured it was better to pick a place that they could get to. I drink rarely myself, so it wasn't on my priority list. :-)
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby rumblemonk on Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:25 pm

please don't get the wrong idea about me. i'm not a drunk. i just like beer. a bit. it's lack of being there will not affect my decision to show. just courious.
rumblemonk

Postby aquazoo on Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:17 pm

rumblemonk wrote:please don't get the wrong idea about me. i'm not a drunk. i just like beer. a bit. it's lack of being there will not affect my decision to show. just courious.

I didn't think that - I realize that many over 21 would like to have a beer, and mixed-age groups are not the usual thing.

Also I know the laws in Virginia are different than Maryland, for example they have beer & wine available in the grocery store, so the Ledo's may have it as well.

Right, then, a Saturday or a Sunday?

-Carol
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby rumblemonk on Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:50 pm

filp a coin.
rumblemonk

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:26 pm

How crowded does Ledo's get on a Saturday night and is Sunday any better?

http://tinyurl.com/9d6cf

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby aquazoo on Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:50 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:How crowded does Ledo's get on a Saturday night and is Sunday any better?

I see there is also one in Falls Church. Just inside the beltway.

http://www.ledopizza.com/Stores/fallschurch.htm

And of course you can see the menu & other info from that page.

None of them are my most immediate local Ledos, so I can't speak to crowdedness. I was thinking late afternoon rather than night, that way if anyone is driving in from, say, Pennsylvania, it won't be too late. And places are generally not crowded around 3 or 4 pm.

Because you never know with these things - five of us are discussing it, and then 20 people may show up. Afternoons tend to be more flexible when we start rearranging the furniture & pulling tables together.

Right, then, a Saturday about 3:00?

Anyone got a calendar and a dartboard? :-)

-Carol
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

PreviousNext

Return to FSM Gatherings