Thoughts on hate-mail

After 10+ years of receiving hate-mail (or if not hate, let’s call it well-intentioned criticism), I find it hard to take offense or argue with these people. For years I have stopped posting these messages and rarely reply to them. I don’t believe these people are representative of the groups they claim to speak for, so I often felt that posting these messages was in a way unfair to those groups, because it may give a wrong impression of the groups as a whole.

I’ve decided to post a few messages from time to time, but I will not argue with these people. I received a message today that moved me to respond, if only to try to make peace with a critic.

I do not agree with some of Jeremy’s statements such as “When you die , you will not go to your Satan invented Pasta Heaven where your beer volcano and sex factory . You in reality will go to the everlasting Hell where you will burn and suffer for all eternity . There no beer in Hell and not even water . No girls for sex , but demons who will torture you.” .. but I respect that these are his personal beliefs and feel no ill-will towards him. Let’s agree to disagree, live and let-live.

I’ve posted his email, and my response below: