Persecution

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Persecution

Postby Instant Noodles on Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:23 pm

During a vaguely religious discussion during math, I mentioned my pastafarian faith, and to my dismay was met with ridicule and laughter. Upon explaining our church more in depth I was cut off by the phrase “ Boy! I am going to get a bible, and beat you over the head until I knock some Jesus in your blood!â€￾. This didn’t seem to be a joke of any kind, and fire was in his eyes. Under the pressure, I made the mistake of retaliating in an unconvincing mannor saying “the Flying Spagettie Monster has filled my blood with Jesus antibodies!â€￾ This mistake did not help my cause.
I’m thinking of wearing a noodly appendaged helmet for a while, just in case.

A short time later a jerk I'm forced to interact with on occasion threatened to take this very sight via hacking. While I doubt he is capable, just thought you might want to be on your toes
"...and with a mighty BEEP, my noodles were heated, and upon seeing His holy steam, I was converted..."
User avatar
Instant Noodles
Cavatappi Cabin Boy
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:35 pm
Location: hell Alabama

Postby Alpaca on Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:31 pm

Hope the loser script kiddie has fun with it.

Oh, and everybody who should feel so inclined:

If you find a potential weakness, don't be dumb and post it here for all to see. That's how a lot of places get hacked, y'know.
User avatar
Alpaca
Go-To Guy
 
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:44 pm

Postby Cannon_Fodder on Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:34 pm

One question: how vaguely religious? You really want to bring this up very carefully (even apart from the reason that someone migt try to harm you). For example, if you bring it up in class too often, your peers and teacher will probably become very annoyed. Do you really see a lot of people forcing their religions on you? If you do, then do you really want to be like that person? As for him "taking this site via hacking", I wouldn't give that any more attention than you wish to give him (most likely none). Threats have very little use, especially when empty.

-(Rev. Brackets)
"The Big Bang violates the first Law of Thermodynamics!"
"So does your face!"
User avatar
Cannon_Fodder
Farfalle First Mate
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:53 am
Location: That place... ya know... it's near that thing...

Re: Persecution

Postby Duke on Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:47 pm

Instant Noodles wrote:During a vaguely religious discussion during math, I mentioned my pastafarian faith, and to my dismay was met with ridicule and laughter. Upon explaining our church more in depth I was cut off by the phrase “ Boy! I am going to get a bible, and beat you over the head until I knock some Jesus in your blood!â€￾. This didn’t seem to be a joke of any kind, and fire was in his eyes. Under the pressure, I made the mistake of retaliating in an unconvincing mannor saying “the Flying Spagettie Monster has filled my blood with Jesus antibodies!â€￾ This mistake did not help my cause.
I’m thinking of wearing a noodly appendaged helmet for a while, just in case.

A short time later a jerk I'm forced to interact with on occasion threatened to take this very sight via hacking. While I doubt he is capable, just thought you might want to be on your toes



Knock some Jesus into your blood............. Heh, Jesus was a pacifist. Did they miss that bit of the Bible? Whoops.............

About the hacker-kid, I would think that if hacking this site were very easy, it would have already been destroyed.


Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain


He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche


"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
User avatar
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism
 
Posts: 8483
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:17 am
Location: Under a Large Pile of Snow

Postby Instant Noodles on Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:48 pm

i was a bit to uninformative. When i say, in math class, i meant, i had this conversation with a couple people around me, in low volume, while ignoring the teacher (its ok, she was just showing the mentally undeveloped some remedial cos graphing, and knows that the people i was talking to already understand it)

and by vaugly religious, we were commenting on a drawing of a guy being crucified in a clock tower done by one of them. Time came to list off Sects; Baptist, methodist, Catholic, CFSM. after some confusion, followed by laughter, followed by explanation, followed by threat.

im not worried about the hacker, im just amazed by the attacks which were unwarented.
"...and with a mighty BEEP, my noodles were heated, and upon seeing His holy steam, I was converted..."
User avatar
Instant Noodles
Cavatappi Cabin Boy
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:35 pm
Location: hell Alabama

Postby Alpaca on Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:51 pm

If I gave the impression that I was worried, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Still, nothing can ever be guaranteed utterly hack-proof, and I'm a paranoid web designer. What do you expect?
User avatar
Alpaca
Go-To Guy
 
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:44 pm

Postby Duke on Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:02 pm

Instant Noodles wrote:i was a bit to uninformative. When i say, in math class, i meant, i had this conversation with a couple people around me, in low volume, while ignoring the teacher (its ok, she was just showing the mentally undeveloped some remedial cos graphing, and knows that the people i was talking to already understand it)

and by vaugly religious, we were commenting on a drawing of a guy being crucified in a clock tower done by one of them. Time came to list off Sects; Baptist, methodist, Catholic, CFSM. after some confusion, followed by laughter, followed by explanation, followed by threat.

im not worried about the hacker, im just amazed by the attacks which were unwarented.



The South does not have much of a reputation for being all to tolerant, I must point out....


At my school, in Hawaii, only about 10-20% of the school is religious. And less in Marin.


Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain


He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche


"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
User avatar
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism
 
Posts: 8483
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:17 am
Location: Under a Large Pile of Snow

Postby Instant Noodles on Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:12 pm

Duke wrote:At my school, in Hawaii, only about 10-20% of the school is religious. And less in Marin.


Duke


wow, at mine there was an anouncement today saying " Burgers and Bibles will not be meeting at Coach Brashes house today...", theres a Donut based prayer session around the flag pole each morn, and put up posters EVERYWHERE. When several of my friends requested to hold a pagen function of the same nature, we were shut down Unmercifully. The Gay [wtf i wrote g a y, why did it change my text? ]and Lesbian club had a sufficiant number of signatures and the $200 needed (the only 2 things needed to form a club[so says the admin]) and they were refused utterly.
"...and with a mighty BEEP, my noodles were heated, and upon seeing His holy steam, I was converted..."
User avatar
Instant Noodles
Cavatappi Cabin Boy
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:35 pm
Location: hell Alabama

Postby Alpaca on Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:14 pm

Our school has something called the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. It's scary.
User avatar
Alpaca
Go-To Guy
 
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:44 pm

Postby Instant Noodles on Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:17 pm

Alpaca wrote:Our school has something called the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. It's scary.


we dont need one, theres noone to exclude, Unless you count the 4 square team... of which im a member.
"...and with a mighty BEEP, my noodles were heated, and upon seeing His holy steam, I was converted..."
User avatar
Instant Noodles
Cavatappi Cabin Boy
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:35 pm
Location: hell Alabama

Postby Duke on Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:13 am

Instant Noodles wrote:
Duke wrote:At my school, in Hawaii, only about 10-20% of the school is religious. And less in Marin.


Duke


wow, at mine there was an anouncement today saying " Burgers and Bibles will not be meeting at Coach Brashes house today...", theres a Donut based prayer session around the flag pole each morn, and put up posters EVERYWHERE. When several of my friends requested to hold a pagen function of the same nature, we were shut down Unmercifully. The cheerful [wtf i wrote g a y, why did it change my text? ]and Lesbian club had a sufficiant number of signatures and the $200 needed (the only 2 things needed to form a club[so says the admin]) and they were refused utterly.



$200 dollars? That is the dumbest thing I have heard. At my school, anyone can start a club, and just announce your meetings at the assembally. As a club, you do not have to be recognized by the school, you are your own little organization, that operates seperately, you use a few school resources, but they hardly care.

I would hate to go to a theological school, I would be forced to gouge my eyes out and pull my hair out with tweezers.

Alpaca, where do you go to school? Where is your Location? And, why does your location say "Four", while it said "One", "Two", and "Three" earlier?


Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain


He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche


"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
User avatar
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism
 
Posts: 8483
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:17 am
Location: Under a Large Pile of Snow

Postby Instant Noodles on Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:16 am

well, every week, or every month, depending on the time of year, the school clubs meet for an hour between 2nd and 3rd period. they have a club sponser teacher, and a couple of official reqirments, like infostructure IE president, and do some communitiy service.

oh and membership is ither open or selective. every year theres a list of clubs and you pick 3, if your lucky youl get your top pick... or any pick. of the selective, you need an aplication approved by club officers just to have a chance to be rejected because of overcrowding.
"...and with a mighty BEEP, my noodles were heated, and upon seeing His holy steam, I was converted..."
User avatar
Instant Noodles
Cavatappi Cabin Boy
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:35 pm
Location: hell Alabama

Postby Duke on Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:23 am

Instant Noodles wrote:well, every week, or every month, depending on the time of year, the school clubs meet for an hour between 2nd and 3rd period. they have a club sponser teacher, and a couple of official reqirments, like infostructure IE president, and do some communitiy service.

oh and membership is ither open or selective. every year theres a list of clubs and you pick 3, if your lucky youl get your top pick... or any pick. of the selective, you need an aplication approved by club officers just to have a chance to be rejected because of overcrowding.



That is what I call over-structuring and complicating. What good does all that do? That is hardly a club system at all. Clubs should be free-form, that, I think, is the whole point.


Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain


He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche


"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
User avatar
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism
 
Posts: 8483
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:17 am
Location: Under a Large Pile of Snow

Postby Instant Noodles on Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:30 am

thats my school for you, its regulated by the chairmen of the panal of oversears, who manage the commities on school activites, the members of which consist of the student union representive guild, who represent the students.
"...and with a mighty BEEP, my noodles were heated, and upon seeing His holy steam, I was converted..."
User avatar
Instant Noodles
Cavatappi Cabin Boy
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:35 pm
Location: hell Alabama

Postby Alpaca on Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:37 am

I'm in Tampa, Florida.

Instant Noodles, G-a-y was changed to "cheerful" in your post as a result of the forum word censor-o-matic. This is not because of any prejudice we have against those who are gay, but because some... unenlightened individuals have thought that it would be really clever of them to write "omg thats so gay lol."
User avatar
Alpaca
Go-To Guy
 
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:44 pm

Next

Return to The Cause

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Goodlytug and 2 guests