Seattle WA Pastafarians

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Seattle WA Pastafarians

Postby dulci on Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:16 pm

If there are any other Pastafarians in the Sea/Tac area, I propose a local Noodling! Sharing booty is a good thing. Make yourself known so we can spread the word of FSM in the Great Northwest. May you be touched by the Noodly Appendages!

dulci
"What do You Want? Really??"
dulci
Conchigliette Convert

Postby harris5 on Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:41 pm

Yaaarrr!

My home port is Lake Forest Park
You don't know where that is? Well, ok it's sort of Shorelineish...ummm...North Seattlesish?
:worship: :fsm_float:
rAmen!
harris5
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby dkg on Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:38 pm

ok..well that makes three of us (and the coffee babe at Hotwire in West Seattle makes four...)
dkg
Conchigliette Convert

Pasta meeting

Postby SeattlePastaMan on Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:19 pm

SeattlePastaMan
Conchigliette Convert

Seattle Gathering Planned!

Postby dulci on Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:15 pm

Subject: Pastafarianism
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 09:24:49 -0800

Hi,

A life long atheist has finally found the light! It was hiding in my pasta all along! Let us all worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster together. Ramen!

For those of you not in the know, Flying Spaghetti Monsterism (FSM for short) is the world’s fastest growing religion. It was founded by Bobby Henderson in response to the Intelligent Design (ID) movement. His argument is that if ID can be taught in the class room, then FSM should be taught right along side of it. Fairness demands nothing less!

The original letter and information on FSM can be found here: http://www.venganza.org/

I am planning a worship session at one of our favorite spaghetti restaurants on Saturday January 21 at 7 pm. Let me know if you are interested and can make it!

http://www.citysearch.com/review/107911 ... p=&type=11

B.
"What do You Want? Really??"
dulci
Conchigliette Convert

Postby LexiconGrrl on Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:46 pm

I'm in! I live near Greenlake (another north-ender). And I'm a fat girl. Thus said, be assured that I know my pasta restaurants!

Suggestion for consideration:

Being familiar with the Italian Spaghetti House on Lake City Way, I can confidently say that it's a dive. It's also more toward the north end than a central location.

Would anyone be willing to consider meeting at the Old Spaghetti Factory in downtown Seattle? It's a bit more central for the rather wide geographical area we're all coming from.

(Also, a better Lake-City-ish italian joint would be Toto's ((formerly Gaspare's)) on Lake City Way & 15th Ave NE, just off I-5).

Just an idea... thoughts???
Beer is Proof that God Loves us and Wants us to be Happy - Ben Franklin
LexiconGrrl
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby SeattlePastaMan on Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:24 pm

LexiconGrrl,

The Old Spaghetti Factory in downtown Seattle is a viable option and should be considered by all. Thank you for suggesting it. I’ve had eight people confirm so far for the Lake City Way location, so for the first meeting I will play the role of benevolent dictator. The first meeting will be in Lake City Way. This will be a chance for all of us to meet in person. I will bring a map and we can collectively decide where the next meeting will be. We can either decide on a permanent meeting location or a rotation schedule – what ever everyone wants.

Fair enough?

There are currently two forums for Seattle:

“Seattle WA Pastafariansâ€￾ with 55 views
“Dyslexic Pastafarians of Seattle unTie and feastâ€￾ with 285 views

Many of the other contacts I’ve received are from the other forum. I will ask the moderator to combine these two forums so I don’t have to double post and no one gets conflicting information.

Thanks,

Bill
SeattlePastaMan
Conchigliette Convert

Postby dkg on Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:55 pm

May I also suggest a little place in West Seattle called 'Abondanza". Corner of California Ave and Fauntleroy. Owned by a collective group of deaf citizens (seriously), and probably the best pasta/pizza I've had in the city. I've lived here 10 years..

and of course, we could just through caution to the wind and have sushi at Mashiko instead :) They have japanese noodle is one insists....

dave
dkg
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Seattle Gathering Planned!

Postby dkg on Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:19 pm

dulci wrote:
I am planning a worship session at one of our favorite spaghetti restaurants on Saturday January 21 at 7 pm. Let me know if you are interested and can make it!

and..as I just finished reading and posting, I realized that I will out of town that weekend doing my best NOT to explode my VISA card on new toys for the studio.. (www.thenammshow.com)

I'll keep checking just in case the dates move...
Dave
It's gotta groove.
www.helldogmusic.com
dkg
Conchigliette Convert

Bucca

Postby catdrchris on Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:31 am

Do not forget Bucca di Beppo, nor a new place I know from Chicago area, Maggiano's in Bellevue.

I'm in, wherever or whenever!

Still 7pm Sat Jan 21 at the Lake City Way place, yes?
catdrchris
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Meeting Saturday January 21 in Lake City Way!

Postby SeattlePastaMan on Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:34 am

So far we have 11 people that plan to attend our first pasta worship session in Seattle on Saturday January 21st at 7 pm! We can discuss other locations and ask for divine guidance for the next meeting at that time. The location again is:

If anyone wants to be on a private email thread, send me email at wrherman@comcast.net. I will also continue to post on this forum.

Ramen!

B.
SeattlePastaMan
Conchigliette Convert

Postby LexiconGrrl on Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:07 pm

Arrgh! Alas, I have been infected with a virulent sickness and won't be able to make it on Saturday. If all goes well, post again for the next event!!
Beer is Proof that God Loves us and Wants us to be Happy - Ben Franklin
LexiconGrrl
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

His holy noodly appendage touches down in Seattle!!!!

Postby SeattlePastaMan on Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:44 pm

The first worship session of the Seattle Pastafarians was a success! Much partaking of his pasta essence and discussion of his power was had all around. The next worship session will be Sat 2/18/2006 (third Saturday of the month) at 7 pm at the same location:

His holy icon will be displayed to identify our table. Leave an email address if you want to be added to the mailing list.

Head Meatball Herder, Bill

Raman!
SeattlePastaMan
Conchigliette Convert

monthly

Postby catdrchris on Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:00 am

Monthly?!? Dang, I went back again today and no one showed up...
"It's either mean, or it's arbitrary, and either way, I've got the heebie-jeebies" -Calvin
catdrchris
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby SeattlePastaMan on Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:37 am

SeattlePastaMan
Conchigliette Convert

Next

Return to FSM Gatherings