The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: All Things Mods, Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Re: The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

Postby Capt'n Chestbeard on Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:13 am

Hello All!

My name's Tony, I'm from the UK and recently became an Ordained FSM Minister :fsm_rock:

I hope to continue spreading the word of His noodly goodness and look forward to chatting to like minded Pastafarians everywhere.

Ramen
Part-time dolphin Trainer, Full Time Ninja

Pastafarian Minister of Lincolnshire

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams
Capt'n Chestbeard
Ziti Zealot

Postby Roy Hunter on Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:31 pm

Welcome, Capt'n Chestbeard! Emergency exits here, here and here, rum rations at eight bells, and don't lend Nef Yoo any money. Have fun!

:welcome:
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby HairyTom on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:58 pm

I HAVE ARRIVED!!!

My name's Tom... obviously. Hairy for my chest length hair. No need for a pirate wig here, I'm covered!

I stumbled across the FSM logo at a festival I was at, and looked into it. I found the website a while ago and was fascinated, intrigued... and the light shone upon me as I was touched by His Noodly Appendage :zen:

Anyway, as most of you people seem my kind of nuts I figured I would stop by
HairyTom
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:22 am

Two hairy-chested newfa- I mean new converts - arrive at the same time? What is this, a Tom Selleck convention?

Welcome, hirsute acolytes.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter

Postby HairyTom on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:58 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:Two hairy-chested newfa- I mean new converts - arrive at the same time? What is this, a Tom Selleck convention?

Welcome, hirsute acolytes.

Hairy chested? No, I meant my hair is down to my nipples :lol:
HairyTom
Conchigliette Convert

The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

Postby bonsaiherb on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:35 am

Until I found 'discussions' I was a bit afraid that this FSM site simply was too puree to be good.
No schisms in the church? Then I saw the disgusting idea of squid spaghetti and I was sure Octopi recipes would follow. None were posted! Is this church censorship?

From my own experience Calamari would be much preferred and I used to make Calamari burritos. Sadly, no one else liked them, but I still feel they would be far more edible (at least presentable) than having an octopi tentacle dangling out. Nearly misspelled that last one to testicle hanging out. How assured can I be that the FSM eyeballs are really eyeballs."

By genus or genesis I was upset by the FSM recipe discussion in which they allowed for squid spaghetti but not for octopi spaghetti. I found this to be very questionable especially since both are cephalopods. Squid have a distinct head, bilateral symmetry, a mantle, and arms. Squid, like cuttlefish, have eight arms and two tentacles arranged in pairs. Some species of squid are known to have 10 arms! An octopus has a round head and a mantle along with eight arms.
Octopi are skulkers and live in dens on the sea floor. Squid are free thinkers and live and swim in the open ocean.
I have not been able to discern which creature came first but like Adam and Eve, I suspect that the extra tentacle came from the squid to create octopus.
If the food discussion continues to sacrifice Calamari to spaghetti I expect it to include Octopus as well. Other than that FSM is guilty of creating a schism. For shame. They are all well tentacled and equal under the God that created them.
bonsaiherb
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Cardinal Fang on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:52 pm

It might just be that people have come across calamari, and squid ink pasta, but fewer people have ever been in contact with anything cooked with octopus.

Anyway welcome Bonsaiherb

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Snipe on Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:37 am

Hello all,

I am Snipe, and as you can see, new here. I had seen (and heard) a little of His Holy Noodliness over the last year or so, but it was only last month that I came across a man at a stall handing out literature and info. about the Church. I read, and was intrigued, and have since read more. I will be honest, I still a little ignorant to it all, and unsure of my own relationship with His Holiness. But I want to learn more, and I thought I could do that better by participating in this forum as opposed to just reading.

So here I am.

Many thanks,

Snipe
Snipe
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Cardinal Fang on Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:40 am

Welcome Snipe

Don't tread on the exploding chickens and you'll be fine

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Pastafarian Employers' Insurance Coverage

Postby Tweedy on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:21 pm

What with the recent ruling by the Supreme Court that employers can deny women contraception through their insurance, I was wondering what Pastafarians can deny their employees. Any ideas? I wanted to start a new business so that I can start denying people coverage of these things. Thanks. P.S. While I've been a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster for many years, I am new to the forum.
Tweedy
Conchigliette Convert

Postby bonsaiherb on Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:33 pm

by Cardinal Fang on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:52 pm
"It might just be that people have come across calamari, and squid ink pasta, but fewer people have ever been in contact with anything cooked with octopus."

Thank you Cardinal Fang.

In Seattle, at least four or five fish markets sell Octopus, both fresh and cooked. Even the QFC sells them when they are available. There was also a story -- " The Otopus that almost ate Seattle. Interesting read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/20/magaz ... d=all&_r=0

Basically a wet suit with a guy in it, met up with a Giant Octopus. "The octopus grabbed Mayer where it could, encircling his thigh, spiraling his torso, its some 1,600 suckers — varying in size from a peppercorn to a pepper mill — latching onto his wet suit and face. It pulled Mayer’s regulator out of his mouth. His adrenaline rising, he punched the creature, and began a wrestling match that would last 25 minutes." You will have to read the story to see who won.

Glad to be here.
bonsaiherb
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Roy Hunter on Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:58 pm

Welcome Tweedy! I could have denied you getting your post published, but we're not like that around here.
Roy Hunter

Postby bonsaiherb on Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:47 pm

To the moderator:

You have been very generous to one new member.
Post by Roy Hunter on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:58 pm
I would have been less kind. That post does however speak for a lot of American businessmen. One of many reasons we are becoming a world kitchen disposal unit.

Not much to add, except in my original posts I noticed that I was a "Maccheroncelli Missionary." Since I eat rice as much as the noodles I wonder if that will change. I do promise to experiment more with noodles, but they may even include potato ingredients. Will that jeopardize my advancement to say Cardinal Fang's position?

I still have troubles incorporating pictures to these posts. URL or IMG. Both usually fail. That said one giant shrimp was landed on your site. Will try again. Do gif, png or jpg images make a difference? Does size matter? ERROR MESSAGE mostly is: - It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image.

Neither your "url or Img settings seem to work -- and all are uploads on the internet
http://sweetgeodes.com/senft/?attachment_id=1812
TIA
bonsaiherb
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby daftbeaker on Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:55 pm

bonsaiherb wrote:To the moderator:

You have been very generous to one new member.
Post by Roy Hunter on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:58 pm
I would have been less kind. That post does speak for a lot of American businessmen however. One of many reasons we are becoming a world kitchen disposal unit.

Not much to add, except in my original posts I noticed that I was a "Maccheroncelli Missionary." Since I eat rice as much as the noodles I wonder if that will change. I do promise to experiment more with noodles, but they may even include potato ingredients. Will that jeopardize my advancement to say Cardinal Fang's position?

I still have troubles incorporating pictures to these posts. URL or IMG. Both usually fail. That said one giant shrimp was landed on your site. Will try again. Do gif, png or jpg images make a difference? Does size matter? ERROR MESSAGE mostly - It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image.

Neither "url or Img settings work -- and all are uploads on the internet
http://sweetgeodes.com/senft/?attachment_id=1812
TIA

Anything bigger than 800 pixels tall by 600 (or maybe 400) pixels wide is not liked by the site (or is it 800 wide by 600 tall?). Giving a link to the picture with {url]link[/url] tags is fine no matter what size.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby bonsaiherb on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:37 pm

Anything bigger than 800 pixels tall by 600 (or maybe 400) pixels wide is not liked by the site (or is it 800 wide by 600 tall?). Giving a link to the picture with {url]link[/url] tags is fine no matter what size.

Thank you a lot! I have tried both and failed. Could it be incompatibility with the Internet provider? See I did upload successfully a rather large picture and it worked. Since then Nada. Page was viewtopic.php?f=17&t=21220

This would have been my largest picture. 550px × 413px All the othes have been downsized into the 400 = 300 pix range. Will try again. Please forgive what I dredge up. Actually, I may have an inkling of a clue, will see if it works.
1. http://sweetgeodes.com/senft/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/smelt.gif from a site a has running

The deleted follow up was this: Actually, I may have an inkling of a clue, will see if it works.
1. http://sweetgeodes.com/senft/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/smelt.gif from a site a has running
2. http://sweetgeodes.com/senft/?attachment_id=2422 from a Wordpress media page but not uploaded into an article. Note that the latter id is as an attachment not as a gif or jpg.

Herb

Herb
bonsaiherb
Cannelloni Cannoneer

PreviousNext

Return to Standards and Practices