Spaghetti recipes?

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Spaghetti recipes?

Postby TDKs on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:54 pm

My favourite recipe is a bit complicated, and requires a little bit of planning.

Ingredients:
Phone.
Transport.
Money.

First, use the phone, preferably at least an hour beforehand, but anywhere up to a month or so in advance will suffice, to book a table at Da Vinci's.
Prepare your transport, and give plenty of time to arrive - you don't want your dinner to be spoiled by being too late or too early.
Apply money to ensure a smooth portion and experience.
Enjoy.

:zen:
TDKs
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Cardinal Fang on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:49 pm

Bought some cooked cockles from the supermarket yesterday. Made a sauce with them and come chilli, white wine, garlic, chopped onion, lemon juice and a little dried basil. Stir through linguine for an epic pasta dish.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Roy Hunter on Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:34 pm

Cardinal Fang wrote:Bought some cooked cockles from the supermarket yesterday. Made a sauce with them and come chilli, white wine, garlic, chopped onion, lemon juice and a little dried basil. Stir through linguine for an epic pasta dish.

CF

Can't be doing with cockles, personally. Grew up in the East End of London. Can't look at cockles, mussels or jellied eels, oh dear me no.

:barf:
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby bonsaiherb on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:44 am

Until I found 'discussions' I was a bit afraid that this FSM site simply was too puree to be good.
No schisms in the church? Then I saw the disgusting idea of squid spaghetti and I was sure Octopi recipes would follow. None were posted! Is this church censorship?

From my own experience Calamari would be preferred and I even used to make Calamari burritos. Sadly, no one else liked them, but I still feel they would be far more edible (at least presentable) than having an octopi tentacle dangling out. Nearly misspelled that last one to testicle hanging out. How assured can I be that the FSM meatballs are really meatballs."

By genus or genesis I was upset that this spaghetti recipe discussion allowed for squid spaghetti but not for octopi spaghetti. I found this to be questionable especially since both are cephalopods. Both of the above have a distinct heads, bilateral symmetry, a mantle, and arms. Generally squid, have eight arms and two tentacles arranged in pairs, however some species of squid are known to have 10 arms!

Octopi are skulkers and live in dens on the sea floor. Squid are free thinkers and live and swim in the open ocean.
I have not been able to discern which creature came first but like Adam and Eve, I suspect that the extra tentacle came from the squid to create octopus.
If the food discussion continues to sacrifice Calamari to spaghetti I expect it to include Octopus as well. Other than that FSM is guilty of creating a schism. For shame. They are all well tentacled and equal under the God that created them.

Both species live fairly short lives but I am not sure if that applies to the Giant Squid and for that matter the illusive Giant Octopus that may have had one sighting in the late 1800'. Logic would suggest that they would have much longer lives to achieve their size.
bonsaiherb
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Cardinal Fang on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:57 pm

IMHO I don't think that octopodes should be eaten at all as they are by far the most intelligent of cephlopods - they have excellent problem solving skills, can consiously minic other animals (as well as coconuts), and there is some evidence that they can even pre-plan.

Squid on the other hand shouldn't be eaten because it's horrible!

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby bonsaiherb on Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:12 pm

Even Germans are touched by His noodly appendage and I will explain a different kind of NOODLE.
I hope the FSM does not mind my throwing a potato it's way. Please note that I defer to a non-sexist gender description despite those two balls it has hanging down.

Schupfnudeln Potato Noodles.

4 potatoes (preferably Yukon gold or Fingerling.
butter to fry or top
salt and white pepper to taste (nutmeg)
2 sore cream - or was it sour cream?
1 egg, preferably not a penguin's
The forever addition of parsley (horseradish to that!)
2 cups flour
bread crumbs

Do all the normal stuff for making mashed potatoes.

http://sweetgeodes.com/senft/?attachment_id=2399

Cook and peel potatoes and mash. Mix with egg, sour cream. flour and the seasonings. I love the horseradish!!!

Now put this cooled down blob on a floored bread board, work into a firm dough by adding fresh as needed. Shape into large rolls. Roll out, then slice into the thinnest noodles you can. Cook in salted water until they FLOAT to the surface. Drain, fry in hot fat. My mom used lard but bacon fat will do.
Top with browned butter and bread crumbs.

About four servings unless you are piggish.
bonsaiherb
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Previous

Return to Food