The Last Post Thread, 2.0

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: The Last Post Thread, 2.0

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:12 pm

My sig has failed to appear on all my recent posts; and some of those posts have vanished too. :confused:

I hope that doesn't happen to this last post.
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Ham Nox on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:07 pm

I'm afraid your last post will disappear, Tigg, at least from the esteemed Post of being The Last Post.
Bayes Theorum:
............................P(X|A) * P(A)
P(A|X) = -----------------------------------
...............P(X|A) * P(A) + P(X|~A) * P(~A)

If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return?
Margot Fonteyn

~*L'Nox ti notve*~
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Roy Hunter on Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:26 pm

Your signature has not disappeared.

But your last post has.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:59 am

Mother of meatballs, I can't believe you clowns are still doing this thread. Nothing has changed at all (except the Admin staff, apparently) in the years I've been gone.

I saw an article that reminded me of you guys and I figured I'd stop by to grab the Last Post and check up on everything. I'm surprised to see so many familiar faces and at how quickly I remember how everything works around here. Congrats to the new admins, and if anyone sees Capellini around tell her she's awesome and I'm sorry to have missed her going away party.

Anyway, excuse me, I have to go to bed and cringe for hours about the signature and avatar that 16 year old me thought was super-cool. Maybe I'll be around a little later.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:44 am

Hi Zankou! Nice to see you. Allow me to relieve you of that last post...
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:59 am

Roy, I didn't want to bring it up this way, but I think the power is going to your head. Maybe you should leave that Last Post with me for a little while...
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby DavidH on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:45 pm

Sorry, Qwerty, but the last post belongs here in Moreton-on-Lugg. In the farm, hidden under a bale as always. No-one will ever find it. :haha:
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Ham Nox on Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:05 pm

Except for me, naturally. I have a knack for finding buried treasure, completely unique amongst pirates I'm sure.
Bayes Theorum:
............................P(X|A) * P(A)
P(A|X) = -----------------------------------
...............P(X|A) * P(A) + P(X|~A) * P(~A)

If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return?
Margot Fonteyn

~*L'Nox ti notve*~
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Postby DavidH on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:40 am

You didn't say you took it, so it's still there. :moon:
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:13 am

Well neither did you, actually. You just said it belonged somewhere. What, do you expect it to find it's way home like Bill the Pony? (Who, let's be real, gets eaten by a Kraken or Tree or some other horrible thing).
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby DavidH on Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:32 am

OK, I have now taken the LP and hidden it under the third bale on the left. And Bill the pony was long ago made into beefburgers for Tesco.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:48 pm

I blame UKIP. Last post.
Roy Hunter

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Sat May 24, 2014 8:09 pm

notty
ban

rrrrrrrr
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:19 am

Can't have Nef Yoo keeping hold of the last post. It will get all sticky.

:nefyoobash: :nefyoobash: :nefyoobash:
Roy Hunter

Postby Capt'n Chestbeard on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:36 am

Well don't you worry, I'll take the Last Post and keep it safe... well safe-ish..... Ok I'll put it somewhere safe and probably forget where I put it
Part-time dolphin Trainer, Full Time Ninja

Pastafarian Minister of Lincolnshire

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams
Capt'n Chestbeard
Ziti Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Discussion