Announcement regarding the Loose Canon, 2nd Edition

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Announcement regarding the Loose Canon, 2nd Edition

Postby Rev. Daniel Scott on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:54 pm

Status update? I hope everything is running smoothly!
Pastafarian Doctoral Dissertation: Accepted

Completed Works:

Biblical
OP:
Ghettisis (CH 1-10 complete)
He Who is a Servant of FSM
Narwhal
Couscousum
Zozuniah
To Build or Not To Build
Covenant of Olive

NP:
Midas
Sailamon
2, 3 ParmaJohn
Jude's Kitchen

Confucian
Confusion Analects: Book I

~~~~~Qapla', sak-khet, saith.~~~~~
~~~~~~Finna ilian un atra du~~~~~
~~~~~~evarínya ono varda.~~~~~~
~~~~Mára mesta, Eywa ngahu.~~~~
~~(tlhIngan, Rihannsu, Quenya...)~~
Rev. Daniel Scott
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Dechujoh64 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:03 am

Rev. Daniel Scott wrote:Status update? I hope everything is running smoothly!

Well, Good rev., All I can tell you is this,(but i still might be yelled at by the other Council members here)But out of the 86 stories...
It looks like this (GREEN #=YES, RED #=NO, LAST # MEANS HOW MANY STORIES ARE LEFT IN WAITING FOR A FULL CONSENSUS)

(12/4/70)

This is all that I will say about it now, it is still smooth BUT slow sailing.
there has been a slowdown because the the recent events of the Publishing of the "loose canon" by a certain "repeat offender" someone. AND of the recent Admin-ing of a couple of the members. Once both things have settled down it should pick up pace again.
HOPE to get it done by the beginning of summer.

Hope this is a good update for you.(that won't get me kicked out of the council)
and
May the Pasta be with You
RAmen
Pope Dechujoh is the name.
Oh, here is a list of things that I have writin:
Click the link->The Book of Dechujoh.:
Letter to the Risians. (14 Chapters.) has been writin
Letter to the Udonites. (2 Chpts.) has been writin
Letters between D and M the Udonite. (6 Chpts)has been writin
Letters to the Fiorites is next. Started on.
Revelations 3: The Scroll of the 7 Sealed Pastas(17 Chpts)has been writin
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Lasanius on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:49 pm

Nice to hear that there's so much fun stuff going into the 2nd edition! Do you have any proofreaders? I'm not trying to be mean, but the first edition did have some language issues and I think I could help fix some of those. After all, His noodly wisdom-nuggets were transmitted in perfection (unless He was drunk at the time), and we should strive to create written versions that are as close to that as possible.
Lasanius
Ziti Zealot

Postby Dechujoh64 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:59 pm

Lasanius wrote:Nice to hear that there's so much fun stuff going into the 2nd edition! Do you have any proofreaders? I'm not trying to be mean, but the first edition did have some language issues and I think I could help fix some of those. After all, His noodly wisdom-nuggets were transmitted in perfection (unless He was drunk at the time), and we should strive to create written versions that are as close to that as possible.

No proofreaders at all.
But what da 1st/2nd council did wit tha 1st edition was to keep all mistakes as is. And we da 2nd Council will do da same.

BUT if you want to proofread and fix on your own time you can do that. As a member of the Council of Olive Garden, I will say once you have proofread and fixed either versions. (as close as you can) I will ask the other members if we can put it up at loose-canon.info

May da pasta be wit you
RAmen.
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Lasanius on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:15 am

Dechujoh64 wrote:BUT if you want to proofread and fix on your own time you can do that. As a member of the Council of Olive Garden, I will say once you have proofread and fixed either versions. (as close as you can) I will ask the other members if we can put it up at loose-canon.info

That's great! Any chance of getting to the source files for the Loose Canon? Or, dare I dream, something in a git repository so I can submit patches? I know nothing of your publishing process, so just wild guesses :confused:

Edit: I just read the final words of the first edition, and it seems the Council thought hard about what to do and really decided to leave the texts as they are, typos and all. So I'll hold off on any proofreading right now, maybe it's bad timing to be bringing this up at this point in the process anyway. Let's see what happens around the third edition, if you do decide to go for an all-out editing spree, count me in!

But having the source files somewhere out there somewhere would be very interesting regardless. I'm really curious what the editing process is like right now.
Lasanius
Ziti Zealot

Postby Dechujoh64 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:19 am

Lasanius wrote: That's great! Any chance of getting to the source files for the Loose Canon? Or, dare I dream, something in a git repository so I can submit patches? I know nothing of your publishing process, so just wild guesses :confused:

Edit: I just read the final words of the first edition, and it seems the Council thought hard about what to do and really decided to leave the texts as they are, typos and all. So I'll hold off on any proofreading right now, maybe it's bad timing to be bringing this up at this point in the process anyway. Let's see what happens around the third edition, if you do decide to go for an all-out editing spree, count me in!

But having the source files somewhere out there somewhere would be very interesting regardless. I'm really curious what the editing process is like right now.

Well, I don't know how to get the source files or the repository, but maybe you could personal message The Dark Noodle (just to let you know 1 thing. TDN has a few things he needs to take care of right now IRL. So if he does not answer back right away, that will be the reason why.)

The 1st/2nd Council did not want to change any of the texts of the Loose Canon. So they left it the way that they did. The current 3rd Council (for which I am in) will do the same and will not change any of the texts.

Their really is no editing process at all and their probably never will be.

The process of the Loose Canon is as follows.
1. The texts are gathered.
2. The texts are reviewed.(for those that pass move to step 5)
3. if the text do not pass the reviewing process(i.e. too sexist, or FSM-afied Texts of something else that is very visible to see [like from, the bible]) we the council shall give a short time frame for the authors of those texts to modify their works to be acceptable. If they cannot finish within the time frame it will not get accepted for the Second edition (by modify I mean get rid of the problems)
4. re-review the texts that have been modified just as precaution. then...
5. assemble the second edition into it's final form.
6. Then put it on the loose-canon.info as separate pages and a PDF version. (and ePub, too.)

Also, the 3rd Council is accepting translations of the Loose Canon there maybe an Italian version and maybe a Norwegian version, too.
and I think that we could accept a proofread version. (pdf file) as long as the main part of the texts are not modified in any way. (i.e. names and places.) just words like with, the, and that, and so on. Also, punctuation, too.

May the pasta be with you.
RAmen.
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby The Dark Noodle on Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:06 am

Lasanius wrote:But having the source files somewhere out there somewhere would be very interesting regardless. I'm really curious what the editing process is like right now.

No editing process as such, the text are being numbered but no other alterations or corrections are done by the council, but should an author wish to submit a revised text with any typos corrected the council would use that version.

It is my view, and that of the councillors that came before me, that any that any "errors" are the divine will of Our Noodly Lord.
The Dark Noodle
AKA - The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

The Book of Piraticus 12:1-3
I gave you brains, the ability to reason, and free will for a reason.
Please use them.
If I say something dumb, question it.
http://www.loose-canon.info/ - A really Important Collection of Words.
The Dark Noodle
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Location: Council of The Olive Garden, The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

Postby Lasanius on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:22 am

Very well!That makes sense to me :)

Thanks for explaining the process. And the motivations, divine or worldly, behind the editing. I think then my work is probably better invested elsewhere. Is anyone already doing a German translation? Brother Spaghettus in Germany is doing a fantastic job (maybe you've seen his YouTube clips), but I think there is no translation planned from his side.
Lasanius
Ziti Zealot

Postby Rev. Daniel Scott on Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:49 pm

How goes the good work?
Pastafarian Doctoral Dissertation: Accepted

Completed Works:

Biblical
OP:
Ghettisis (CH 1-10 complete)
He Who is a Servant of FSM
Narwhal
Couscousum
Zozuniah
To Build or Not To Build
Covenant of Olive

NP:
Midas
Sailamon
2, 3 ParmaJohn
Jude's Kitchen

Confucian
Confusion Analects: Book I

~~~~~Qapla', sak-khet, saith.~~~~~
~~~~~~Finna ilian un atra du~~~~~
~~~~~~evarínya ono varda.~~~~~~
~~~~Mára mesta, Eywa ngahu.~~~~
~~(tlhIngan, Rihannsu, Quenya...)~~
Rev. Daniel Scott
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Dechujoh64 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:34 pm

Rev. Daniel Scott wrote:How goes the good work?

Well, The Good Rev. Scott,
(i don't care if they scold me for this but I will say it anyways.)
I guess by his almighty Noodley-est, We have come to the break, the pause, the intermission, between starting and finishing the edition of the Loose Canon, Just like the 1st edition had its break before completion the 2nd is right now having its.

This time when we hit that wall, it has ADMIN written ALL over it.

But All I want is for the break to end soon because I would like to finish The 2nd Edition before this Image Starts

I can see into your soul, Doctor. I see Beauty, Divinity, HATRED!! -"friendly Dalek" (ItD)

To the members whom were named by-proxy in this post Can we PLEASE get back to finishing the 2nd Edition. Thank You.

And to All
May the pasta be with you.
RAmen.
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Previous

Return to Scripture and Lore