Tennessee Wedding

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Tennessee Wedding

Postby Captain Phil on Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:21 pm

Congratulations to my son and new daughter-in-law who gave me the great honor of acting as the officiant at their wedding. I am unsure but they are possibly the first to have their vows blessed by His Goodness in Tennessee. The paperwork went in without a snag and their certificate was received today.

May their lives be rich in sauce and their noodles never sticky.

Or something like that.

Cap'n Phil

http://imgur.com/a/4fAwl

:love:
Captain Phil
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Tennessee Wedding

Postby Roy Hunter on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:04 pm

Congratulations Captain Phil, and congratulations to your son and daughter-in-law too!

Was it a Pirate-y wedding, what did you sing at the ceremony, what did you eat? We need details!
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Re: Tennessee Wedding

Postby Captain Phil on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:15 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:Congratulations Captain Phil, and congratulations to your son and daughter-in-law too!

Was it a Pirate-y wedding, what did you sing at the ceremony, what did you eat? We need details!

It was a very small gathering of mostly family. They actually decided the day before to "go for it" mainly due to my son being tired of the question "when are you going to marry that girl?".

Having virtually no time to plan there was little in pomp due to circumstance. I did a short but serious ceremony about love and commitment and they exchanged rings and we were done. I had talked to them many months ago about the pirate thing and they wanted this to be a bit on the serious side. I actually thought it very cool that they wanted me to do it yet they took doing it very seriously.

I think it may say something for the future that we were the ones that were turned to for serious stuff to avoid all the silliness that exists in religion.

Cap'n Phil
Captain Phil
Conchigliette Convert

Return to All Things FSM