Stepping Down

General Forum Announcements

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Stepping Down

Postby Capellini on Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:32 pm

Today will be my last day as administrator and general poobah of this community.

I will be finishing my PhD and starting a real job in a few months, and the demands of my dissertation don't afford me the time this board deserves. This will only get worse when I start a job, so it's time for me to step down and let others take over.

You'll notice over the next few days and weeks changes to the admin and mod staff, and perhaps changes to rules and procedures as the fresh blood decides what's the best way to run this place. Try to be nice, they're all learning how everything here works, and will probably experiment on you a bit to see what choices are best.

It's been fun!
Cap
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Re: Stepping Down

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:01 pm

First of all, congratulations on your impending doctorate!

*Applause*

You have put in a great deal of work over the years, and I don't think you have had nearly enough recognition for what you have done. Nannying a bunch of pirates was never going to be an easy task, and when it's this lot?! :^)

On the other hand, my actual first thought on reading this was:

"Oh no!

Everybody is leaving!" (Insert sobbing FSM emoticon here)

I sincerely hope that your standing down from the boss-job doesn't mean you'll be a stranger to these shores!

I shall miss your guiding hand; who are to be the new admin team?

*Great big granny-hug* and have the best of all possible lives, whether or not you include us in it.
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Cardinal Fang on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:34 pm

May I be one of the first to thank Cap for all his amazing hard work as boss guy.

You've done an amazing job.

CF
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby DavidH on Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:32 am

You've worked hard for a long time, Cap, you deserve a rest. Also, I hope the PhD goes OK.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:53 am

Thanks for all your efforts, Cap. Having had a brief look behind the scenes, I am much more appreciative of the amount of work it takes to keep this place running smoothly.

Best of luck with your Dissertation and your PhD - do you have a dissertation title yet?

Thanks again,

Roy
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:47 am

Many thanks, of course, for all the work you put in, Cap. It's been an interesting 8 years, and I'm glad this place has been kept alive and functioning, which is certainly no small task.

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:I shall miss your guiding hand; who are to be the new admin team?

Right now I'm the head admin, with DaveL as another admin. We're still putting together the whole mod team, deciding how big or small it should be, etc. So, you've seen Roy and Cardinal. ET is also on the team, and you'll probably see a few other names go colored in the next few days or weeks!
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby DaveL on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:50 am

Cap and Warlord, thank you for all your hard work and efforts over the years. Our new team will endeavour to continue your good work. Now what's this button for again? :-)
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:45 am

Thank you very much for your time, effort, and service—most of which was thankless—and some apologies (but not complete and total apologies) for actions taken that could have been construed as disrespectful.

You've always got to maintain a reasonable level of disrespect toward authority, or else there may as well be a dictatorship.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:45 am

ya not all gowin way fur effarr ?!
Oooo i dunt lyk alla me antys an unkas gowin way
i B bery lonelee in da bilgj all by meseffs an me rat bragade
but noaw juss meseffs cuz i et reggie fer suppar !
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Mystic of Meatball

Return to Announcements