Pasta strainer head garb of doom.

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Pasta strainer head garb of doom.

Postby Dechujoh64 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:50 am

Rev. Daniel Scott wrote:In a few weeks, a renewal of a certain identification of mine will be made. While it isn't a DMV photo, it is still official identification. I have thus prepared my argument for the wearing of a colander in official photos. While wearing daily would be ideal, wearing during official photos is key.

The Loose Canon
The Book of Penelope
Chapter 2
Verse 7
“But as T.V. hadn’t been invented yet Penelope put the Holy Colander on her head and grabbed a handy pair of salad tongs”

And from The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
As written by the Prophet Bobby Henderson, pasta be upon him,

“the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster invites you to learn a little more about us...His chosen garb: full Pirate regalia.”

In ancient, mediaeval and renaissance times, some pirates would have worn helmets. Since the helmet is basically a piece of headwear composed of a bowl of metal, we hold that colanders are helmets with holes in them. The act of wearing a colander links a kitchen symbol of the divine Flying Spaghetti Monster with the pirates, the original prophets of the Church.

Any official pictures are key to the wearing of a colander (a pirate hat is also acceptable). The reason they are key is that His Noodliness wavers in and out of drunken states. When in a drunken frenzy, He doesn’t have the attention span to watch everything that is happening everywhere. However, on the rare occasion that He is sober (His Noodliness forbid), He looks at the official records upon the earth, examining, especially, the pictures of His followers. I fear the wrath that He may bestow upon us should He catch us in anything less than at least partial pirate regalia.

You know I've never really came back to this one. At first I thought I'll just post this and nobody will really give two hoots about it. And for about a week nobody did and so finally after several people have given their thoughts about it.(Even though the story isn't about me unit was about somebody else.) as for me I don't care if you wear a pasta strainer as a hat or not. for me what I have on my state ID is that my hair is blonde while I am a natural dark brown. I have my hair blonde because that is the color of his most noodliest, is it not. I hope this is a good explanation for everybody from my point of view of this issue.
And

May the pasta be with you.
RAmen.
Pope Dechujoh is the name.
Oh, here is a list of things that I have writin:
Click the link->The Book of Dechujoh.:
Letter to the Risians. (14 Chapters.) has been writin
Letter to the Udonites. (2 Chpts.) has been writin
Letters between D and M the Udonite. (6 Chpts)has been writin
Letters to the Fiorites is next. Started on.
Revelations 3: The Scroll of the 7 Sealed Pastas(17 Chpts)has been writin
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:14 am

Rev. Daniel Scott wrote:
Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:Personally, I would go for a pirate hat. With a feather in it. A very large feather.

My wearing of the colander is dual-purposed. First, to avoid His drunken wrath (He would surely get drunk after being sober for long enough to realize that I didn't wear pirate regalia in a photo). Second, to spread awareness of the Church. I feel that while wearing a pirate hat is very acceptable under the Loose Canon, it would be passed up as simple humor by onlookers. A colander, on the other noodle, would be more likely to prompt curiosity and questions.

Yeah, well, I have flimsy moral standards, and I think looking cool in a pirate hat is better than getting more questions asked but looking foolish wearing a colander.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Rev. Daniel Scott on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:23 am

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:Yeah, well, I have flimsy moral standards, and I think looking cool in a pirate hat is better than getting more questions asked but looking foolish wearing a colander.

I will keep the pirate hat under consideration. I have a few weeks of deliberation.
Pastafarian Doctoral Dissertation: Accepted

Completed Works:

Biblical
OP:
Ghettisis (CH 1-10 complete)
He Who is a Servant of FSM
Narwhal
Couscousum
Zozuniah
To Build or Not To Build
Covenant of Olive

NP:
Midas
Sailamon
2, 3 ParmaJohn
Jude's Kitchen

Confucian
Confusion Analects: Book I

~~~~~Qapla', sak-khet, saith.~~~~~
~~~~~~Finna ilian un atra du~~~~~
~~~~~~evarínya ono varda.~~~~~~
~~~~Mára mesta, Eywa ngahu.~~~~
~~(tlhIngan, Rihannsu, Quenya...)~~
Rev. Daniel Scott
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:28 am

Rev. Daniel Scott wrote:
Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:Yeah, well, I have flimsy moral standards, and I think looking cool in a pirate hat is better than getting more questions asked but looking foolish wearing a colander.

I will keep the pirate hat under consideration. I have a few weeks of deliberation.

Ultimately, it's a question of whatever works best for who you are and what the people taking the photo are possibly likely to accept. At least with the colander there are precedents.

Still, if I were to make a statement like that, I'd like to at least feel like I looked kinda cool in the photo. And somehow, I don't equate head-colanders with 'cool'.

But again, that's me. You're you. Do what makes you happy.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:09 am

What? Are you trying to say this doesn't look cool?

This is cool like James Dean, like Alain Delon, like Jim Morrison before he got fat...
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby DavidH on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:50 am

... like me in my Nissan wearing socks under my sandals ...
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby The Dark Noodle on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:13 am

When I am out in my Holy Garb I find that people want to know why I dress this way, so I tell them of Our Lord and His Chosen People.
The Dark Noodle
AKA - The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

The Book of Piraticus 12:1-3
I gave you brains, the ability to reason, and free will for a reason.
Please use them.
If I say something dumb, question it.
http://www.loose-canon.info/ - A really Important Collection of Words.
The Dark Noodle
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Location: Council of The Olive Garden, The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

Postby Rev. Daniel Scott on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:39 am

Roy Hunter wrote:What? Are you trying to say this doesn't look cool?

This is cool like James Dean, like Alain Delon, like Jim Morrison before he got fat...

Roy, I love it!

The Dark Noodle wrote:When I am out in my Holy Garb I find that people want to know why I dress this way, so I tell them of Our Lord and His Chosen People.

I will consider that for my daily life. But I've decided to go with the spaghetti strainer for the photo, because it will be very dominantly a headshot. Any other garb will go unseen.
Pastafarian Doctoral Dissertation: Accepted

Completed Works:

Biblical
OP:
Ghettisis (CH 1-10 complete)
He Who is a Servant of FSM
Narwhal
Couscousum
Zozuniah
To Build or Not To Build
Covenant of Olive

NP:
Midas
Sailamon
2, 3 ParmaJohn
Jude's Kitchen

Confucian
Confusion Analects: Book I

~~~~~Qapla', sak-khet, saith.~~~~~
~~~~~~Finna ilian un atra du~~~~~
~~~~~~evarínya ono varda.~~~~~~
~~~~Mára mesta, Eywa ngahu.~~~~
~~(tlhIngan, Rihannsu, Quenya...)~~
Rev. Daniel Scott
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby PKMKII on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:23 am

Another brave Pastafarian gets his colander rights.

Although the slanderous, yellow journalism of the Daily Mail called us a "spoof" religion. Feh!
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Temp0ral on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:51 pm

PKMKII wrote:Another brave Pastafarian gets his colander rights.

Although the slanderous, yellow journalism of the Daily Mail called us a "spoof" religion. Feh!

Coming from a spoof publication, it's probably a compliment.
Temp0ral
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby PKMKII on Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:05 am

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:49 pm

Pastafarian wins town board election, takes oath of office wearing colander on his head:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... -his-head/

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Previous

Return to All Things FSM