Did you hear who died?

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Did you hear who died?

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:33 am

Elvis Presley, the King of Rock 'n' Roll, 36 years ago today.

42, Myocardial Infarction, he had an enlarged heart aggravated by years of polypharmacy.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby bacon on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:01 am

Roy Hunter wrote:Elvis Presley, the King of Rock 'n' Roll, 36 years ago today.

42, Myocardial Infarction, he had an enlarged heart aggravated by years of polypharmacy.

I've never heard heart attack from drug overdose while sitting on the can put so politely.
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:18 am

I think 'polypharmacy' may be my new favourite word. :haha:
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter

Postby bacon on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:37 am

Roy Hunter wrote:I think 'polypharmacy' may be my new favourite word. :haha:

It's a lifestyle :lol:
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon

Postby black bart on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:57 am

Wales Fly Half Cliff Morgan 83. :cry:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:46 am

Ray Dolby, inventor of Surround Sound and Dolby noise reduction, 80, Alzheimer's disease and Leukaemia.

A minute's silence please.
Roy Hunter

Postby bacon on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:13 am

I would think that as the inventor of Surround Sound, a moment of silence would be an insult.
Get your bake on. Image

bacon

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:34 am

Noise reduction? A minute's silence? No?
:bummer:
OK, how's this - he was fatally bitten by a cobra. It hissed at him first, but he couldn't hear it.
Roy Hunter

Postby bacon on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:36 am

I say we just blast our music loud and have hearing loss in his honor. I'm ahead on that! *Edit* We're both ahead on that!
Get your bake on. Image

bacon

Postby PKMKII on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:03 pm

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:14 pm

"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:45 pm

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:Lou Reed. :cry: :cry: :cry:
:stupid: What he said.

I've waited for the man, I've had a perfect day, and I'm married to sweet Jane.

Sad.
Roy Hunter

Postby Pete Byrdie on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:42 am

Most of the posts on this thread seem to be about people we admire, but I can't find an R.I.P. thread anywhere else, so I'll post this here. Sylvia Browne, died eleven years younger than her renown psychic talents had predicted. I can't find it in me to revel in the death of another human. We all tread an often confusing path to find our place in the world, I know I have, and that path leads many in a completely wrong direction. But, I don't think there was any excuse for this woman. The best I can hope is she has left the world more cynical of psychics than she found it.
Pete Byrdie
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby DavidH on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:20 pm

Bruce Forsythe, several years ago. They skinned him and made him into an android - nobody's noticed yet. :fsm_rock:
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby ChowMein on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:32 pm

I didnt post her passing because i refused ,for over a decade to acknowlege her or any program that would have her as a guest :( I was disgusted when i found out she has vocal , ardent admirers here in the city of the crack smoking mayor . It is beyond the limit of my comprehension.
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Discussion