Anyone in Virginia

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:23 pm

well I can't say for everyone, but I know that Decepticons, Toaster Head, and Pinwizard are also in the DC-metro area. we (meaning you) should PM them about wether they can come, if so then dates, and opinions on locations.

herry christmahanukwanzahasadon.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby aquazoo on Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:27 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote: we (meaning you)

What!!! Why me? This is my busy season for real work, and I realize you're busy on holiday break...

Won't any of them read this thread and know we're plotting?

-Carol
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:44 am

sorry! I didn't know. I'll contact everyone who posted in the thread saying they were in norther VA/DC metro area.

but i don't think my parents know what armands is, and you seem to know good places, so if you could at least do that part.

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby pinwizard on Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:19 pm

I'm sorry guys. I wouldn't be able to go to anything like this because of my parents. They still think I am too young to go anywhere without an adult supervisor and I don't think I've ever enjoyed myself with an adult around.
-The Pinball Wizard

"Ever since I was a young boy, I played the silver ball.
From Soho down to Brighton, I must have played them all.
But I ain't seen nothing like him in any amusement hall.
That...kid sure plays a mean pinball."
pinwizard
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby The_Gnoccic_Heresy on Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:48 pm

Thanks for contacting me Qwertyuiopasd.

I would be up for Armands or Ledo - I'm not particular. I just threw out Armands before as a suggestion for a place that's metro-able and reasonably central.

I'm also in fairfax and could make it to a local Ledo's (there's one in Reston as well...)

The Hard Times Cafe (Herndon or Arlington) is a thought as well. Any FSM'ers mind a little chili (be it Texas or Cincinnati style) on their sacred meal? Me thinks FSM would approve...
All hail His Holy - POTATO-BASED - noodliness.
The_Gnoccic_Heresy
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby VApastafarian on Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:48 am

thanks for contacting me! I probobly cant do any meetup cause of parents...
Pastafarianism is the only way!
VApastafarian
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:33 pm

so far its just gnoccic, me, an' aqua, but hopefully toasterhead will get on soon.
of course, his last post was november fifth...

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby aquazoo on Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:13 pm

pinwizard wrote:They still think I am too young to go anywhere without an adult supervisor and I don't think I've ever enjoyed myself with an adult around.

Oh, great, just great, we get older than 18 and we're no fun any more.

:fsm_crazy:

I suppose I could supervise - my drivers' lisence says I'm an adult. Do I need a whip and a chair? It's been eons since I last baby-sat and all I remember is we got paid in rocks.

When I looked up Armands, the ones I remembered being in VA were not there any more. I'm in Maryland, myself - just trying to arrange it so Querty (and any like him) does not need to travel far. We could even start at 4 in the afternoon on a Saturday or Sunday if that helps appease the parents.

Herndon & Reston are a bit farther out & may not be as helpful. Hard Times isn't bad, but as I recall they have mostly booths and would not be easy for a group of indeterminate numbers.

-Carol
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:33 pm

well I suppose something in DC would be easiest, as I assume it wouldn't be any farther for anyone else. but then using the logic that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few means we can pretty much screw aquazoo over on the location. :mrgreen:

but yeah, I'll just get my parents check off on anything. once its posted that is!

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby aquazoo on Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:49 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:but then using the logic that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few means we can pretty much screw aquazoo over on the location. :mrgreen:

I find it easier to navigate suburbia, myself. I'm trying to be inclusive here, I haven't tried organizing anything with younger people before. The adults are probably the most flexible (despite what you may have heard) since all we need is a car or metro card, both of which are easier to come by than permission.

Parents are a lot more involved & cautious than back when I was a kid. I could go to any friends' house in the neighborhood, we just saddled up the dinosaurs and spent our nickels at the talkies, and then sat on the corner drinking Sasparilla and Moxie. Seriously, when I was 13 my friends and I could go get a pizza (but why bother when the food was free at home) or a movie, but even then we would have been roundly questioned about meeting people that we know from the internet. (if there had been one back then)

Likewise parents are welcome to come along, however I realize that at a certain point you don't want to talk or socialize in front of them. I can only imagine the reaction of my parents to FSM, but then again they are REALLY old.

The best I can do is pick a time & place that will be convenient to most, and I'm happy to hear suggestions and limitations. So lets wait a week or so or until Toasterhead check in, whatever happens first.
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:54 pm

alright. my parents have said its okay, and they're not complete uncool dorks. it'll probably be fine for me.

so I'll just wait and watch the thread.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby aquazoo on Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:44 pm

Well, it's been a while - no toasterhead? So is it just the three of us, then?
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:51 pm

well at least one of my parents would be coming, so four.

do you guys want to cancel since its just us? I mean, I don't but if you think its too little.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:10 pm

I'm in Northern Virginia, too.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby aquazoo on Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:21 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:I'm in Northern Virginia, too.

Another area person!! I don't know if you've read the earlier notes. I think there is a Ledo in Fairfax and one in Rosslyn. Is either one of them better for anyone?
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

PreviousNext

Return to FSM Gatherings