The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: All Things Mods, Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Re: The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

Postby pieces o'nine on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Ye made it here; that's what counts. Welcome! :fsm_yarr:
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Smart58 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:12 am

:fsm_float:
I am an recently converted Pastafarian form the SE part of Norway, I am also a registered Minister (no 207-200).

My username "Smart58" is one I am using on various forums, the name don't really mean anything except, that I humorously claim that the word got smarter in the morning of august 3 1958, then I made my appearance the first time. :drinking:
May His Holy Nodelnes, brighten your day.

Smart58
Smart58
Conchigliette Convert

Postby pieces o'nine on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:29 pm

Welcome, Smart58.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:23 am

Welcome aboard, Farfallone - any relation to our lovely absentee Farfalla?
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:02 pm

Welcome, Little Red.

I am a great admirer of your Riding Hood, your Rooster, your Schoolbook and of course your Corvette.

Post often, earn kudos, stature and a title. Or something like that. Excuse me, it's Saturday night and I may have had a small refreshment.

Welcome!
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:04 pm

Sorry, didn't notice Zacrotus there. Are you a midgit, Zacrotus? That could be why I didn't see you. Apologies, welcomes, beer volcanoes and stripper factories...
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Welcome, Ladycotti. :welcome:

Excellent screen name. :haha:
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
Privvy Counselor

Postby bacon on Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:02 pm

:welcome:
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby Roy Hunter on Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Roy Hunter

Postby Gnocchic on Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:54 am

Greetings fellow Pastafarians! I am a recent convert to the Gnocchic sect of the FSM. Gnochic (from gnostikos, "learned", from Ancient Greek: γνῶσις gnōsis, knowledge; Arabic: الغنوصية‎ al-ġnūṣīh) is the belief that the material world should be shunned and the Pasta world (FSM's world) should be embraced. Gnocchic ideas influenced many ancient restaurants and cuisines which teach that Gnocchis (variously interpreted as satiety, fullness, hunger free, etc.) may be reached by practicing pasta making to the point of personal poverty, sexual abstinence (as far as possible for hearers, completely for initiates) and diligently searching for wisdom by helping others consume pasta. However, practices vary.In Gnocchicism, the world of the demiurge is represented by the lower world which is associated with matter, flesh, time, molecules and more particularly an imperfect, ephemeral world. The world of the FSM is represented by pasta and sometimes meatballs, and is associated with the soul and perfection. The world of the FSM is eternal and not part of the physical. It is impalpable, and time doesn't exist there. To rise to the FSM, the Gnocchic must reach the "knowledge" which mixes pasta making, sauce preparation, cheese expertise, and the secrets of history and the universe.
Gnocchic
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:08 am

Welcome, Gnocchic! Didn't see much about beer and strippers in that post, but I'm sure you'll get to that part.
Roy Hunter

Postby Gnocchic on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:18 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:Welcome, Gnocchic! Didn't see much about beer and strippers in that post, but I'm sure you'll get to that part.

You may have Gnoccicism confused with another sect.

If the words “ethics” or “morality” are taken to mean a system of rules, then Gnocchics are opposed to them both. Rules generally become perverted by the human application of them and do not serve the higher purposes of the FSM. If, on the other hand, morality is said to consist of an inner integrity arising from the illumination of the indwelling spark of perfectly prepared pasta, then the Gnocchic will embrace this spiritually informed existential ethic as ideal.

Gnocchicism encourages non-attachment and non-conformity to the world, a “being in the world, but not of the world”; a lack of egotism; and a respect for the freedom and dignity of other beings. Nonetheless, it appertains to the intuition and wisdom of every individual “Gnocchic” to distill from these principles individual guidelines for their personal pasta recipes.

So in the end, both Strippers and Beer are fine.
Gnocchic
Conchigliette Convert

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:16 am

:welcome: Welcome, Husky. Post early and often, don't mind the lunatics. We're relatively harmless.
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

Privvy Counselor

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:31 am

Gnocchic wrote:You may have Gnoccicism confused with another sect.
Unlikely - I don't understand other people's distinctions between one form of religion and another because I try to avoid thinking about such things at all. So far, fairly successfully.

Welcome again! :welcome:

Also, welcome Husky! :welcome:
Roy Hunter

Postby Gnocchic on Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:21 am

Gnocchic wrote:Greetings fellow Pastafarians! I am a recent convert to the Gnocchic sect of the FSM. Gnochic (from gnostikos, "learned", from Ancient Greek: γνῶσις gnōsis, knowledge; Arabic: الغنوصية‎ al-ġnūṣīh) is the belief that the material world should be shunned and the Pasta world (FSM's world) should be embraced. Gnocchic ideas influenced many ancient restaurants and cuisines which teach that Gnocchis (variously interpreted as satiety, fullness, hunger free, etc.) may be reached by practicing pasta making to the point of personal poverty, sexual abstinence (as far as possible for hearers, completely for initiates) and diligently searching for wisdom by helping others consume pasta. However, practices vary.In Gnocchicism, the world of the demiurge is represented by the lower world which is associated with matter, flesh, time, molecules and more particularly an imperfect, ephemeral world. The world of the FSM is represented by pasta and sometimes meatballs, and is associated with the soul and perfection. The world of the FSM is eternal and not part of the physical. It is impalpable, and time doesn't exist there. To rise to the FSM, the Gnocchic must reach the "knowledge" which mixes pasta making, sauce preparation, cheese expertise, and the secrets of history and the universe.

Pieces and Mods- I do not seem to be able to PM you yet but yes I did mistakenly create an account under the name "Gnocchicist" I also e-mailed forum@venganza.org and asked that that account be killed. I have no explanation as to why I erred so completely except that I was clearly not feeling the noodly appendages very well at that time. On the plus side I did immediately make Capellini in an attempt to reconnect.
Gnocchic
Conchigliette Convert

PreviousNext

Return to Standards and Practices