Gnocchics and Gnocchicism

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Gnocchics and Gnocchicism

Postby Gnocchic on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:59 am

Gnocchic ( from gnostikos, "learned", from Ancient Greek: γνῶσις gnōsis, knowledge; Arabic: الغنوصية‎ al-ġnūṣīh) and Gnocchi (from the Italian word nocchio, meaning a knot in wood,[12] or from nocca (meaning knuckle).[13] I) is the belief that the material world should be shunned and the Pasta world (FSM's world) should be embraced. Gnocchic ideas influenced many ancient restaurants and cuisines which teach that Gnocchis (variously interpreted as satiety, fullness, hunger free, etc.) may be reached by practicing pasta making to the point of personal poverty, sexual abstinence (as far as possible for hearers, completely for initiates) and diligently searching for wisdom by helping others consume pasta. However, practices vary.In Gnocchicism, the world of the demiurge is represented by the lower world which is associated with matter, flesh, time, molecules and more particularly an imperfect, ephemeral world. The world of the FSM is represented by pasta and sometimes meatballs, and is associated with the soul and perfection. The world of the FSM is eternal and not part of the physical. It is impalpable, and time doesn't exist there. To rise to the FSM, the Gnocchic must reach the "knowledge" which mixes pasta making, sauce preparation, cheese expertise, and the secrets of history and the universe.

Most of the teachings of this sect have been handed down from the translation of the sacred restaurant napkins of Rome which though only 3 of 15 can be deciphered and translated, contain these lines:

1.1 Gnocchi are sacred. Pay honor to this most holy of pastas.

1.2 There is a supreme monadic divinity, source — this figure is known under a variety of names, including "Pleroma" (fullness, totality) and the Flying Spaghetti Monster

1.3 This world is an inferior simulacrum of a higher-level reality or consciousness. The inferiority may be compared to the technical inferiority of a painting, sculpture, or other handicraft to the thing(s) of which those crafts are supposed to be a representation.

1.4 The estimation of the world, owing to the above, is flawed but it can be as good as the quality of pasta being consumed and served might allow.

1.5 The path to the FSM lies through the stomach and taste buds

1.6 Inferior cheeses are not permitted

1.7 Semolina must be used in moderation

1.8 Working pasta dough by hand is a necessary part of Gnocchic worship.

1.9 Good red wine is always appropriate

While the original Roman text ends here, centuries of scholars and chefs have debated the full meaning of these words and have tried to fill in the missing tenets. Of particular interest is tenet 1.8 which some have proposed as the ultimate distillation of worship. If Gnocchics hold that the divine is reachable though pasta and Gnocchi comes from the word meaning knuckle, then there is no more direct or complete path to worship than getting ones knuckles dirty making excellent pasta.
Gnocchic
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Gnocchics and Gnocchicism

Postby pieces o'nine on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:32 pm

You have obviously given this a great deal of thought. Have you considered submitting a thesis for a Doctorate of Pastafarianism? :fsm_yarr:

Pastafarian Theology Doctoral Theses
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Cardinal Fang on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:03 pm

I wonder then if there are aGnocchi-stics as well?

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Gnocchic on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:44 pm

pieces o'nine wrote:You have obviously given this a great deal of thought. Have you considered submitting a thesis for a Doctorate of Pastafarianism? :fsm_yarr:

Pastafarian Theology Doctoral Theses

I actually have and I may well do so. I first wanted to float the tenets and make certain that the Gnocchic sect was not already well covered in the literature or in the forums.
Gnocchic
Conchigliette Convert

Return to Scripture and Lore