Leather Bound Edition

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

didn't make money?

Postby LahaRulle on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:45 pm

it didn't? thats horrible. not enough publicity probably. and i found mine in the "humor" section! i am considering talking the the manager about this.
LahaRulle
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Leather Bound Edition

Postby juicegiver on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:51 am

Apparently a leatherbound edition is a bad idea. I think this is a project that a small group of private investor would have to undertake for their own personal use. For profit publishers aren't willing to take the risk of printing 15,000 leatherbound books that can't be sold.

:cry:

juicegiver
juicegiver

Re:

Postby juicegiver on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:50 am

Auntie Blackbeard wrote:I be doubtfull it be happenin' dearies , Bobby doan give much a hoot abowt our forum ( he neffer visits thee Crow's Nest ) .

I doan think annudder publishARR be touchin him fer a while , thay dint make much munny... iffen any .

Are you suggesting that Villard Books lost money on the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster??

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby juicegiver on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:20 pm

If you are looking for a great book that has the same look as a Bible but offers the same irreverant humor found in the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster here is a good option:

Lamb Special Gift Ed: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal

I have just started reading this book. This book has made me laugh out loud dozens of times already and I'm only on page 118 out of 417.

The most amazing aspect of this book isn't it's content. This book is shaped like, bound like and looks like a King James Bible at first glance. The imitation leather isn't top notch so it may not last as long as a leatherbound Bible but it looks and feels like a King James Bible. I have only seen one other product that looked like this. I think it was something like the Game or the Player. I'm not sure.

The moral of the story is: If you like the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and you were disappointed with the quality of the printing then you will love this book.

The End

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby juicegiver on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:42 am

effective August 31, 2013 at 1:00am Eastern Standard time I will stop logging on to this forum from work.

I want to read this stuff at my house.

juicegiver
juicegiver

Previous

Return to Gospel of FSM Book Discussion