Did you know?

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Did you know?

Postby Temp0ral on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:12 pm

Did you know: that in Japan a lot of the stores look the same, but some of them are actually hentai galleries.
Temp0ral
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby daftbeaker on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:18 pm

Did you know Welsh people actually speak Welsh? I sort of assumed it was a conspiracy to keep Welsh-speakers in a living doing the translating for signs in the name of 'equality'. (Well, Scottish Gaelic is supposed to be an equal language but I never heard any bugger speaking that although, given the rather broad accents in my extended family, that might be my fault.)

It is a real, everyday language and I did feel a bit bad for not knowing how to say hello in it when I was wombling. As it turns out, smiling and nodding while being ridiculously out of breath works well.

In a related sidenote, the Brecon Beacons are bloody hilly. On the way up to the path to Corn Du I had to stop a few times and then on the way down I couldn't stop for fear of falling face first down the slope :idiot:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:30 am

A group of cats is called a clowder.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby DavidH on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:51 am

Did you know that some bloke in the Highways Department of some Welsh Council, needing the Welsh for some road sign, emailed the Welsh-language department and copied the reply he got back. The Welsh sign says "I am out of the office just now, back on Monday"? :fsm_rock:
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby black bart on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:12 am

Did you know I am going to Wales next week? So I shall be checking all this stuff out...

I only need to know the Welsh for Ice Cream, Fish and Chips and Beer.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DavidH on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:48 am

Any chance of you dropping in to Moreton? Or we could meet up in Wales.

'Beer' is cwrw, you don't rally need the other two. :haha:
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby daftbeaker on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:56 am

DavidH wrote:'Beer' is cwrw, you don't rally need the other two. :haha:

Pronounced 'coo-roo' apparently :confused:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

daftbeaker

Postby DavidH on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:59 am

How else would you pronounce it?
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby daftbeaker on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:13 am

DavidH wrote:How else would you pronounce it?

I wouldn't, it's four consonants :idiot:

daftbeaker

Postby black bart on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:06 am

DavidH wrote:Any chance of you dropping in to Moreton? Or we could meet up in Wales.

'Beer' is cwrw, you don't rally need the other two. :haha:

I don't think we will be going near Moreton. However if you get the chance to pop to the Gower for the day we could meet up. It's a bit of a trip that though isn't it?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DavidH on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:45 pm

We'd love to see you and the Gower isn't too far; the roads are good. Give us details.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby black bart on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:36 am

DavidH wrote:We'd love to see you and the Gower isn't too far; the roads are good. Give us details.

Will do.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby bacon on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Did you know that in the state of New Jersey there is no clear-cut answer as to when a child is considered emancipated under the child support laws? When a child turns 18, although they are considered of the majority age in New Jersey, it does not automatically mean that child support payments are terminated. Factors that are considered is whether or not the child is able to be independent and is no longer under the sphere of influence of their parents. If they are attending full-time college then they are most likely not going to be considered emancipated, but on the other hand, if they are not attending college, but are still living at home they still may not be considered emancipated.

While I understand that the reason for this is in order to ensure that every child is provided sufficient support, it seems a bit willy-nilly to have laws that say emancipation will be determined by the court on a case-by-case basis. Doesn't that mean that it is likely that certain individuals may be discriminated against because of biases held by the court judge? Wouldn't that violate the right of each person to be recognized as equal to each other?

What if the custodial parent of the child decides to not "allow" the child to become independent and instead has them live at home without obtaining full-time employment?
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby Temp0ral on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:26 pm

We should just do away with children altogether.
Temp0ral
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby irpirate on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:02 am

That the ammount of paper work is directly related to the ammount of bullshit spewed by sales/marketing/management and inversely proportional to there productivity.
irpirate
Conchigliette Convert

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes