Announcement regarding the Loose Canon, 2nd Edition

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Announcement regarding the Loose Canon, 2nd Edition

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:23 am

Official Call for Scriptural Submissions

Attention all Pastafarians! The Council of Olive Garden is seeking submissions to be canonized into the Second Edition of the Loose Canon. If you have any inspiration, revelation, long-lost and recently translated scripture, please contact us! Submissions may be emailed to olivegardencouncil@loose-canon.info, or posted in any of the appropriate threads, and you may PM Platypus Enthusiast, DaveL, Qwertyuiopasd, The Dark Noodle, or Dechujoh64 with any questions, concerns, or comments.

In particular, we are looking for more content for some of the new sections. Those being: 1) the Samudra-dasyu-pravacana (Sacred Writings of the Pirates), including anything written in the spirit of Hindu, Jain, and early Buddhist literature. Further description and examples can be found here. 2) the Dào Bǎo Jīng (The Canon of the Way and the Satiation of Hunger), including anything written in the spirit of Confucian, Taoist, Shinto, and later Buddhist literature. More can be found here. 3) The Book of Rituals, Ancient Vigils, Customs, Holidays, and Lordly Victuals aka 'The Boravchalv,’ which includes descriptions of, how-to guides, and layouts for services and rituals. More here.

Be sure to let us know if you have something to submit, or that you plan to write (er, that is, transcribe), as the deadline is September the 30th. And despair not if you miss the deadline, as the Canon will never truly be finished, there’s always the next edition.

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Council of Olive Garden

p.s. Also, if anyone is interested in the reddit version of this announcement, it can be found here.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Re: Announcement regarding the Loose Canon, 2nd Edition

Postby Roland Deschain on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:47 pm

I may just have to conduct yet another "archaeological mission" to the Pastafarian Holy Lands, seeking more "archaeological writings", seeing as the deadline is several weeks away.

:evilgrin:
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Dechujoh64 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:34 pm

Roland Deschain wrote:I may just have to conduct yet another "archaeological mission" to the Pastafarian Holy Lands, seeking more "archaeological writings", seeing as the deadline is several weeks away.

:evilgrin:

When then, get to it! jk. :lol:

Have fun on your "archaeological mission" to the Pastafarian Holy Lands, and find those "archaeological writings". :grin:

Can't wait for what turns up.
Buut............. You know what they say The more the merrier.

I already went to the Fiorites and talked with them about something. (Morals, but you'll have to read it)

Also during my time with the Fiorites. I Found something that is in a weird language. That the Fiorites did not know was there. I am trying to translate it as fast as possible.

May the Pasta be with you
RAmen. :fsm_float:
Pope Dechujoh is the name.
Oh, here is a list of things that I have writin:
Click the link->The Book of Dechujoh.:
Letter to the Risians. (14 Chapters.) has been writin
Letter to the Udonites. (2 Chpts.) has been writin
Letters between D and M the Udonite. (6 Chpts)has been writin
Letters to the Fiorites is next. Started on.
Revelations 3: The Scroll of the 7 Sealed Pastas(17 Chpts)has been writin
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Rev. Daniel Scott on Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:38 pm

Will the 2nd edition also be collecting what has been posted in the other various threads in Scripture and Lore (i.e. the New and Old Pastaments)?
Pastafarian Doctoral Dissertation: Accepted

Completed Works:

Biblical
OP:
Ghettisis (CH 1-10 complete)
He Who is a Servant of FSM
Narwhal
Couscousum
Zozuniah
To Build or Not To Build
Covenant of Olive

NP:
Midas
Sailamon
2, 3 ParmaJohn
Jude's Kitchen

Confucian
Confusion Analects: Book I

~~~~~Qapla', sak-khet, saith.~~~~~
~~~~~~Finna ilian un atra du~~~~~
~~~~~~evarínya ono varda.~~~~~~
~~~~Mára mesta, Eywa ngahu.~~~~
~~(tlhIngan, Rihannsu, Quenya...)~~
Rev. Daniel Scott
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:53 pm

Yes, we're adding to the OP and NP as well, and certainly welcome new additions to those sections. We just wanted to emphasize the three new, non-christian based sections, and get more submissions to fill them out.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:04 pm

All Purpose Prayer:

O, Great Flying Spaghetti Monster,
Father of Fettuccini,
Mother of Meatballs,
The Alphredo and the Omega...

[insert general desire for decent fortune for you and/or others here, dependent upon the whim of the FSM of course]

RAmen.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Dechujoh64 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:14 am

Well, if no one else from the Council will post here. Then I will.

The Rev. Dark noodle and I have came to an Agreement. This agreement that we came to was to move the deadline for the second edition toNew Year's Eve.

The last moment that anything shall be accepted for the second edition of the loose Canon shall be at this stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve for when the big ball drops. For when it becomes January 1st that shall be the last moment for when we shall accept anything to be added to the loose Canon.
Please if you do want to write anything, try to write something in the style of:
1) the Samudra-dasyu-pravacana (Sacred Writings of the Pirates) here.
2) the Dào Bǎo Jīng (The Canon of the Way and the Satiation of Hunger) here..
including anything written in the spirit of Confucian, Taoist, Shinto, and later Buddhist literature.
OR… 3) The Book of Rituals, Ancient Vigils, Customs, Holidays, and Lordly Victuals aka 'The Boravchalv,’ which includes descriptions of, how-to guides, and layouts for services and rituals. here.
If not. that is ok.

May the Pasta be with You AND Happy writing.
RAmen.
Pope Dechujoh is the name.
Oh, here is a list of things that I have writin:
Click the link->The Book of Dechujoh.:
Letter to the Risians. (14 Chapters.) has been writin
Letter to the Udonites. (2 Chpts.) has been writin
Letters between D and M the Udonite. (6 Chpts)has been writin
Letters to the Fiorites is next. Started on.
Revelations 3: The Scroll of the 7 Sealed Pastas(17 Chpts)has been writin
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby peacefulsongs on Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:20 pm

Dechujoh64 wrote:Well, if no one else from the Council will post here. Then I will.

The Rev. Dark noodle and I have came to an Agreement. This agreement that we came to was to move the deadline for the second edition toNew Year's Eve.

The last moment that anything shall be accepted for the second edition of the loose Canon shall be at this stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve for when the big ball drops. For when it becomes January 1st that shall be the last moment for when we shall accept anything to be added to the loose Canon.
Please if you do want to write anything, try to write something in the style of:
1) the Samudra-dasyu-pravacana (Sacred Writings of the Pirates) here.
2) the Dào Bǎo Jīng (The Canon of the Way and the Satiation of Hunger) here..
including anything written in the spirit of Confucian, Taoist, Shinto, and later Buddhist literature.
OR… 3) The Book of Rituals, Ancient Vigils, Customs, Holidays, and Lordly Victuals aka 'The Boravchalv,’ which includes descriptions of, how-to guides, and layouts for services and rituals. here.
If not. that is ok.

May the Pasta be with You AND Happy writing.
RAmen.

When do you suspect the Loose Canon Second Edition will be complete?
peacefulsongs
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby peacefulsongs on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:16 am

Where's can I buy a copy of the loose canon? I seen a few books on Amazon called the loose canon but I don't think they have anything to do with the flying spaghetti monster.

Anybody know where I can buy a physical copy?
peacefulsongs

Postby Dechujoh64 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:55 am

peacefulsongs wrote:Where's can I buy a copy of the loose canon? I seen a few books on Amazon called the loose canon but I don't think they have anything to do with the flying spaghetti monster.

Right now their is no physical copy of the Loose Canon

Just go to this website Loose Canon.info and either copy/paste to some type of word doc. then print it. OR print it directly from the website then put it into a 3 ring binder with clear paper holders. that is what I did.

but as a member of the current 3rdish Council of Olive Garden, I will say this, their may or may not be a physical copy of the Loose Canon,
BUT when the 2nd Edition is Finished in the coming Month or 2, IT WILL BE POSTED @ Loose Canon.info

we at the 3rdish Council of Olive Garden are in the Process of numbering the stories that were not numbered. then we will put the stories into final order. Then put into the website.
May the Pasta be with you.
RAmen.
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby peacefulsongs on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:54 am

Dechujoh64 wrote:
peacefulsongs wrote:Where's can I buy a copy of the loose canon? I seen a few books on Amazon called the loose canon but I don't think they have anything to do with the flying spaghetti monster.

Right now their is no physical copy of the Loose Canon

Just go to this website Loose Canon.info and either copy/paste to some type of word doc. then print it. OR print it directly from the website then put it into a 3 ring binder with clear paper holders. that is what I did.

but as a member of the current 3rdish Council of Olive Garden, I will say this, their may or may not be a physical copy of the Loose Canon,
BUT when the 2nd Edition is Finished in the coming Month or 2, IT WILL BE POSTED @ Loose Canon.info

we at the 3rdish Council of Olive Garden are in the Process of numbering the stories that were not numbered. then we will put the stories into final order. Then put into the website.
May the Pasta be with you.
RAmen.

I just sent you a private message.
peacefulsongs

Postby The Dark Noodle on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:39 am

Someone has published what they claim to be the 2nd edition and they seem to be trying to turn a proffit out of it, this is NOT sanctioned by The Council of the Olive Garden and from the listing published on facebook it is has a lot missing.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=47472
The Dark Noodle
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Location: Council of The Olive Garden, The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

Postby The Dark Noodle on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:50 am

Dechujoh64 wrote:

You can download the PDF and print it
http://www.loose-canon.info/Loose-Canon-1st-Ed.pdf
The Dark Noodle
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:02 pm

The Dark Noodle wrote:Someone has published what they claim to be the 2nd edition and they seem to be trying to turn a proffit out of it, this is NOT sanctioned by The Council of the Olive Garden and from the listing published on facebook it is has a lot missing.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=47472

Can you give me a link to the listing published on Facebook?
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby The Dark Noodle on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:21 pm

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:
Can you give me a link to the listing published on Facebook?

This is the profile that is publishing it
https://www.facebook.com/loose.canon.18?hc_location=stream

You will find one of their posts in the "Recent Posts by Others" section on The loose Canon page
https://www.facebook.com/The.Loose.Canon?
The Dark Noodle
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Next

Return to Scripture and Lore