Converting

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Converting

Postby JaxieArggh on Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:06 am

With the gospel, i successfully converted my hardcore christian mother to become a pastafarian.

I bought her a neclace and everything.

I'm working on my dad now. :fsm_yarr:

Encourage non-believers to read the gospel!
JaxieArggh
Conchigliette Convert

converting people

Postby pastapesto on Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:07 pm

it's not that hard to convert people, at my workplace most of the people around me were enthousiast pastafarians after making some promotion for it.
but we still don't have an official holiday on friday.
pastafarian enthousiast
pastapesto
Conchigliette Convert

Postby russianfool20825 on Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:37 am

that holiday on friday is the hardest part...
russianfool20825
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Fable on Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:32 pm

try not to be hurry in such things, even FSM didn't make the world in one day...
Make Him happy till He gets angry
Fable
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Pirate Terramort on Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:25 am

Aye, but at least He made it faster than Jehova, or whoever the Christians have. Or do they just call him god?
Sincerely,
Drew Anderson, Th. D.
Captain of the Birthday Massacre
High Magus of the Wise Council of World Pasta

If you love someone, set them free. If they return to you, put several 8 inch blades into their head. If they return again, then run.... Just RUN.

1st Nautilus 4:4 " For, in the words of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, “Don’t be a bitch. It’s not nice.” "
Pirate Terramort
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Cardinal Fang on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:26 am

Pirate Terramort wrote:Aye, but at least He made it faster than Jehova, or whoever the Christians have. Or do they just call him god?

I have Python on the brain. Everytime someone says "Jehovah" I want to shout "no-one is to stone anyone until..."

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby hazza on Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:13 am

Making it worse for myself?! How could it possibly be any worse?! Jehova, Jehova!! Hahahah
hazza
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby goldstar on Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:16 pm

next school year my friends and I are starting the HSH Pastafarians (we already have school permission!) :D
"Faith: not wanting to know what is true."
Friedrich Nietzsche

KEEENN LEEE
tulibu dibu dauchoo
KEEENN LEEE
ken lee meju more
goldstar
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Not Converting 100%

Postby juicegiver on Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:55 am

I have converted but I am thinking of cashing in on my 30 day guarantee for the following reasons:

Principles must be unobtainable. Otherwise the idea is not difficult enough to provide any value. Principles must be adopted in order to gain any respect or self improvement. It is advantageous to hold firm to a set of principles. It is certain that owning a strong set of principles leads to hypocracy or a violation of these principles. This should never discourage you from seeking betterment. Embrace your hypocracy for the purpose of sanity but publicly deny your hypocracy for the purpose of maximizing the utility of higher ideals. Powerfully proclaim your moral superior capacity to never violate those principles that you hold dear.

Those without higher ideals are destined to remain stagnant or regressive.

With principles people are destined to improve but never succeed. This class of people are rarely happy with their life and that's fine. Happiness isn't the purpose of life or we should all take drugs to maximize our happiness.

It's ok to be a Pastafarian but you should probably hold on to your old religion as a supplement. If you shoot for low moral standards you will certainly succeed. If you shoot for high moral standards you will certainly fail constantly and continually hate yourself.

Do you want to be better? or happier? I suppose this is a decision we all have to make for ourselves.

juicegiver
juicegiver

Re: Not Converting 100%

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:41 am

juicegiver wrote:It's ok to be a Pastafarian but you should probably hold on to your old religion as a supplement. If you shoot for low moral standards you will certainly succeed. If you shoot for high moral standards you will certainly fail constantly and continually hate yourself.

Are you suggesting Pastafarianism lacks principles or values? and it seems you're suggesting a dichotomy between low and high moral standards, which, at least in this religious tradition, does not exist. They are flimsy moral standards, you see, and therefore can wibble and wobble between the two as needed.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby daftbeaker on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:35 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:Are you suggesting Pastafarianism lacks principles or values? and it seems you're suggesting a dichotomy between low and high moral standards, which, at least in this religious tradition, does not exist. They are flimsy moral standards, you see, and therefore can wibble and wobble between the two as needed.

Is this a Qwerty post I see before me? :idiot:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:59 pm

daftbeaker wrote:Is this a Qwerty post I see before me? :idiot:

No, but only because you're clearly confused about what "before" means. :lurk:
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby juicegiver on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:50 pm

daftbeaker wrote:Is this a Qwerty post I see before me?

Why is it so fascinating to see a Qwerty post? He posts every once in a while.

juicegiver
juicegiver

Re: Converting

Postby pieces o'nine on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:27 pm

Because we welcome old friends here, after their absences.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby daftbeaker on Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:35 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:
daftbeaker wrote:Is this a Qwerty post I see before me? :idiot:

No, but only because you're clearly confused about what "before" means. :lurk:

Before, in front of, same thing. If it was good enough for Shakespeare it should be good enough for you :idiot:

pieces o'nine wrote:Because we welcome old friends here, after their absences.

Welcoming old friends, looking for an argument, same thing :haha:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Next

Return to Gospel of FSM Book Discussion