The Official Loose Canon Submission Spot

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: The Official Loose Canon Submission Spot

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:38 pm

juicegiver wrote:
Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:But the minute money is charged for a book, or the book is mass produced in any way, you are breaking the law,

Not true. I'd still be breaking the law whether I intend to make a profit or not.

You can't print someone else's work without their permission. There a few exceptions.

On a somewhat related topic: Bobby Henderson can't own the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It is an idea. Ideas are not protected under copyright.

juicegiver

So is Mickey Mouse.

People contributed to the Loose Canon for the purpose of free distribution over the internet. I don't know whether permission was granted by Bobby, but his stance has always been that you can use the FSM as long as you don't make any money.

And believe me, copyright law does cover derivative works.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:37 am

juicegiver wrote:On a somewhat related topic: Bobby Henderson can't own the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It is an idea. Ideas are not protected under copyright.r

Intellectual Property?

Also, you've posted some copyright infringement guidelines (something with the word statutory damages I think?). Those all refer to things that actually have copyrights made on them already. I'm 99% sure that, in donating their work to a loose, free cause such as the canon, no authors had their work copyrighted.

No one actually published the works in the canon, all they did was "say" some stuff via typing on to this forum, and then it was collected and put into once place on a document, then some people (like myself) printed copies using their own paper & printer. I could probably do the same thing with this forum and collect every sentence with the word "potato" in it, collect and organize it all, properly attribute it, and then print it out for no profit or exchange of money.

Also, to throw more complications into the whole copyright world, isn't parody protected? And couldn't the canon be seen somewhat as parody? Or are there particular guidelines for what constitutes parody that wouldn't apply? (Technically I'd think that although FSMism is in general a parody, the canon isn't exactly a parody of FSMism).
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:13 am

You are incorrect, terribly incorrect, Qwerty. All creative works are covered by copyright from the moment of their creation, unless said copyright is explicitly released by the author. By allowing the works to be distributed for free, that does in no way imply that the work is in the public domain.

And yes, parody, intellectual property, trademarks, and derivative works are ALL legally protected.

Get lost Juicegiver, you prick.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Dechujoh64 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:32 pm

:furious:
Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:Get lost Juicegiver, you prick.
:furious:

Direct insults be not the way of his most noodleyness the FSM. Unless ye be drunk

BUT I do not endorse what Juicegiver is trying to do.

I think insults are not needed even though I was( and still are) being knocked down a few pegs for doing something way less "Wrong" if you can count it as being less "wrong"---> Loose Canon 2ndish Ed.PDF ver. I have even NOW taken away the Gospel According to Thommo, from which Platypus Enthusiast has told me that the author of the piece does not want to be in the loose Canon. (Something I did not know when I first did it.) I even have a DOCX version---> Loose Canon 2ndish Ed.DOCX ver. BOTH RIGHT NOW ARE ABSOLUTELY 100% FREE. I AM NOT MAKING ONE SINGLE SOLITARY CENT. JUST CLICK A LINK TO DOWNLOAD. YOU MAY HAVE TO SCROLL DOWN.

So Please be kind, Almighty Doer of Stuff.

And may the pasta be with all of us.
:fsm_float: RAmen. :fsm_float:

juicegiver wrote:juicegiver
(PS, juicegiver I am just using this to get you to see this. that is all)
Pope Dechujoh is the name.
Oh, here is a list of things that I have writin:
Click the link->The Book of Dechujoh.:
Letter to the Risians. (14 Chapters.) has been writin
Letter to the Udonites. (2 Chpts.) has been writin
Letters between D and M the Udonite. (6 Chpts)has been writin
Letters to the Fiorites is next. Started on.
Revelations 3: The Scroll of the 7 Sealed Pastas(17 Chpts)has been writin
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:36 pm

Sorry, Dechujoh. You did something a little fishy but it was in good faith. But I've got no money. I'm begging the government to give me money because I can't earn it on my own due to disability. Then this ass comes and offers me a dollar for my hard work that I wanted to be free for everyone to read, so he can make a few thousand? He deserves every insult he gets.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Temp0ral on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:17 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote: I could probably do the same thing with this forum and collect every sentence with the word "potato" in it, collect and organize it all, properly attribute it, and then print it out for no profit or exchange of money.

100g gram flour 2 small potatoes 50g frozen peas 2 'cubes' frozen chopped spinach A pinch of turmeric.

I'm going to make a dish called "Big ol mess" tonight. Basically it's smoked jalapeno sausage, potatoes, garlic, peppers, and finishing sauce wrapped up in foil and done on the grill.

I'll keep that in mind Nef when my potatoes are ready to be dug up.

My flatmate had (a cheap) one and we amused ourselves peeling potatoes in mid-air. You will need: at least two people, one kukri, one big bag of large potatoes. The bowler throws a potato underarm towards the person with the knife. The 'batter' then swings the kukri at the potato, the aim being to remove all the potato-skin while still having enough potato left to cook. It takes a while but is good fun (and very wasteful of potato, get cheap ones).

Baked potatoes or egg noodles make for a good grain compliment to the meal.

Deep fry potatoes - chips.

You're banned for thinking the Scottish would be seen anywhere near fruit and veg unless it's potatoes and deep-fried.

That looks inedible… Hubby baked some jacket potatoes while we were at the hospital and when we got back he roasted a chicken* (at least, I assume it was a chicken - anyone seen Calico Jack?).

I steamed some diced carrots, potatoes and onions today and mixed them into my Thai Kitchen noodles.

Yes it's all part of the process to become a complete couch potato...First the PS3/X Box, then the HD TV, then the special gaming chair, then the head set so you can shout at fellow couch potatoes.

Some cold potatoes and salad cream. Time to see if there's any of that pizza left over from yesterday.

[Mounds of.......] moldy potatoes.

If Stalin hadn't broken the pact, our football teams would all be owned by Russians, we'd all be eating potatoes and complaining about how cold it was.

http://www.cracked.com/articleimages/da ... otato2.jpg

Also just now I was buying vegetables in a local shop and in comes a Carabinieri and butts into the queue and speaks to the shop owner (a non-European who was evidently cowed by the uniform, knowing he could get closed down for any irregularity, real or imaginary) and gets him to select some vegetables for him, obviously intending to jump the queue once he gets his potatoes (there was another old guy already in the shop besides me).

Last Post before rushing through some Potatoshop.

Is that like Photoshop but with Potatoes instead of pixels?

Pork Chops & Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes (peeled and sliced)
4) Layer all ingredients in the pan in the following order: Pork Chops, Onions, Sweet Potatoes & Apples

We gots potatoes!!

Hubby did a big cooked breakfast and I appreciated that, too (sausage, egg, BACON, boiled new potatoes, fresh tomato).

Here soon, barbecued pork ribs with fire carmelized pineapple rings, cornbread cooked in an iron skillet, and boiled potatoes cooked in crab boil.

Indications are that a controversy about the main ingredient of the primordial ooze (potatoes vs. flour) was involved.

mashed potatoes and gravy

Though I wonder if the controversy about the main ingredient of the primordial ooze was really either potatoes or flour--seems to me that tomatoes are a much more likely component.

Today, the turkey is in the oven, stuffing is prepped, potatoes are peeled, and we are munching on the spinage-artichoke dip I made yesterday.

My traditional day after thanksgiving sandwich, comprised of leftover turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberry sauce on toast.

My mother made most of the sides, however, so today I had Brussells sprouts and cookies for breakfast and mashed potatoes and gravy for lunch.

Aperently he had kimchi, while I had a traditional thanksgiving dinner (turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing etc.)

potatoes

mashed potatoes

Breakfast Burrito: tortilla, cheese, potatoes, scrambled eggs, sausage, salt, pepper, fresh salsa, and sour cream.

^ won the eBay auction by former VP Dan Quayle for 'a potatoe'.

over here that means potatoes!!!

Added barley to cook in it all. Have chicken bones simmering for more broth, red potatoes boiling, and yellow squash cut up. Will be adding cubed potatoes, sliced squash, and chicken broth to the rest eventually.

I'm pleasantly pissed, had loads of roast potatoes with pigs in blankets and got to set fire to a Monkey pudding

Cashews, milk and potatoes all the way!!!

We eat mostly beans and rice and potatoes - that's probably why I have such a great cholesterol level.

Lots of root vegetables in the stew, sides of potatoes, peas and broccoli.

'Well, if it's that kind of party I'm going to put my dick in the mashed potatoes' (That is an actual quote but I can't for the life of me remember where I heard it).

Steak and ale pie accompanied with carrots, potatoes and gravy the consistency of cement with a pint of IPA

Never will they eat of the Pasta of any kind, but will live on lots of beans and rice, potatoes and extremely cheap cuts of meat, and the type of diet that the American urban poor can afford, or that Senior Citizens and disabled persons on Social Security are reduced to.

To Farf and TS: There will also be a Asian cashew bow-tie pasta salad, a Caesar-type salad (no fish), Smashed baby red potatoes with cream cheese and chives, two veggies, fruit and assorted breads.

Baked potatoes with chili.

mashed potatoes

I'm glad you're glad, but personally I won't be giving up on my pasta and pizza with sausage and potatoes in a hurry, even if my Trig goes up instead of down or viceversa!

leftover Cajun Curried Potatoes

Potatoes mainly, usually in the form of chips, although we do dabble with peas and carrots occasionally.

Did he use potato pancakes?

For me, nothing beats a nice bit of Steak or Venison with al dente vegetables and lightly sautéed potatoes, except The Holy Meal of Meatballs and Spaghetti.

I just took some leftover boiled cabbage and red potatoes from Sunday's boiled dinner, a frozen beef burger patty, and a can of 99% fat free baked beans, and fried them up together.

grow some potatoes?

see the link and growing potatoes would probably not work for the holiday.

[What is the solution to Fermat's theorem?] Potatoes

The fries taste too much like real potatoes for my taste (I'm American, I don't need real food.), but it is a nice place.

t is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Leftover chicken with broccoli and mashed sweet potatoes.

^ Passes hot potatoes and plugged up the toilet.

Had one tonight, seasoned with black pepper and chilli powder, served with mashed potatoes and gravy

*Starts making a Jersey Royal potato salad with sour cream and mint*

*Whilst waiting for the potatoes to boil, punches Scott in the face*

So I poached a couple of rainbow trout in cider, served them with new potatoes and green beans, and he ate the lot (apart from the head and the bones, obviously).

room service - tellapia, caesar salad, asparagus, garlic/dill mashed potatoes

*throws a sack of potatoes*

When ganntsboy throws you potatoes, make chips.

I just had some leftover smoked pork ribs and a huge helping of mashed potatoes made with potatoes from my mother-in-laws garden and fresh garlic and chives from ours.

^ lobs potatoes at the marching band while they practice from a half mile away with his potato cannon 'o doom.

Mashed Potatoes

To clarify my point, if I told you there were fairies in my garden and to get rid of them I needed to get on my magic carpet and fly to the potato king what would your response be?

Being realistic, nobody would ever go on about fairies and potatoe kings, and actually mean it.

Add 1 sliced onion and 1 cup each diced ( 2cm cubes ) potatoe, sweet potato and carrot.

I love little babies as long as I can have them with roast potatoes and mushy peas!!

Man lives (apparently) quite healthily for 60 days eating nothing but potatoes.

Purple potatoes.

Xmas dinner: soup - made; cranberry sauce - made; stuffing - made; turkey - soaking in brine; all that remains is the steamed veggies, the roast veggies, the potatoes, and cooking the bird.

Christmas eve dinner was musakhan cigars, hummus, Arabic tomato salad, and lamb chops with roasted fingerling potatoes and veggies at Tanoreen.

Yes but the goose fat is traditionally used to make the roast potatoes nice and crispy on the outside.

I know a Welsh recipe for baked potatoes with bacon...I find it difficult not to eat some of the bacon during the cooking process though. Simply bake the potato and cook the bacon. Scoop out the potato reserving the skins. Mix the potato with butter, bacon, cheese and chopped leek and then scoop the mix back into the skins.

Yah, in USA the restaurants commonly sell that as "twiced baked" or "stuffed" potato, too.

Roasted chicken, roasted root veggies, steamed peas and soya beans, roasted potatoes, butter beans and gravy.

Zombie potatoes

Schnitzel Haus, had a smoked bratwurst with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut.

Don’t eat desserts, breads, white veggies, or sweet potatoes; just eat more of the proper combinations.

Potatoes are just sacked

I have been compared to a hobbit before, being short with hairy toes and liking beer and potatoes may have had something to do with it

Basically it's potatoes, onions, thick cut bacon and a massive block of Reblochon Cheese...stand by while I have a heart attack.

We also had salmon on Sunday, poached in white wine (not very much wine because I drank most of it) and served with a sauce of leeks, mushrooms, shallots, garlic and cream...and new potatoes.

He eventually finds the onions in the colander and the potatoes in the measuring jug but he can't find the carrots...

1. a stew of meat, vegetables, potatoes, etc.

Potatosquirrel.

I am, or was just a little while ago, eating sliced potatoes lightly fried in herbed olive oil with chicken breast marinated in Reggae Reggae sauce.

Fried potatoes, fried-and-battered fish, fried-and-battered black pudding, fried-and-battered white pudding, fried-and-battered Mars bars…

Took a bit of skin off the side of my second finger, left hand while I was peeling potatoes for ch... I mean peeling carrots for a salad.

IMHO, the best way to eat this is with potatoes (apologies to our noodly savior...) baked or mashed, pouring the resulting sauce over the spuds.

And boiled new potatoes.

You made a salad that had meat and potatoes in it?

I make potato salad my son-in-law has dubbed "man salad".
Potatoes [chunky cubed], chopped boiled eggs, diced bacon, onions, mayo and mustard, with some gherkin [or capers] the main ingredients.

Other than cake, we're having angel hair pasta with marinara sauce (we're afraid spaghetti might be too heavy a pasta, and we want people to stay and dance), a delicious cheesy potato casserole that they call "funeral potatoes" in Utah (since people cook them for funerals frequently here; we'll give them another name), salad, and water.

This evening's repast consisted of broiled chipotle salmon, roasted new potatoes from the farm a mile up the road, steamed corn on the cob from the same farm, and a bottle of home-made Riesling from this spring's batch.

Ayrshire is a major producer of pig meat products and potatoes.

.......... jasmine rice with baked potatoes and squishy.................

Roast peppers, onions and potatoes with sausages.
It's surprisingly easy to make, all you do is chop up the onions and peppers into reasonably large bits (about 1cm by 3cm), chop the potatoes into reasonably small bits (I used new potatoes and halved them), chuck them all into an oven tin with some olive oil and put it in the oven at about 220'C.

We served spaghetti and sauce to honor His Noodlyness: (we also had a delicious cheesy potato casserole that Mormons usually call Funeral Potatoes because that's where they're served most)

Not that I hold a grudge or anything... You have potatoes and swede?

19 Around 8:30 they began to eat lemon pepper chicken with green beans and mashed potatoes.

Proof is delicious with potatoes.

-- Various (2009-2013)
Temp0ral
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:25 pm

"Various" isn't proper attribution. You need to credit each specific post to its respective poster. :idiot:
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:41 pm

Temp0ral wrote:Things.

I love you.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby juicegiver on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:34 am

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:Then this ass comes and offers me a dollar for my hard work that I wanted to be free for everyone to read, so he can make a few thousand? He deserves every insult he gets.

Relax, I will not be using your work. You are free to hold out for a better offer.

You cannot discourage me from working with the other authors. I am incapable of being discouraged from doing a good thing. Remember we stand for all that is good. We are against all that is bad.

juicegiver
juicegiver

A Post About Potatoes

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:09 am

I am really not interested in selling exclusive rights for anything I have produced. Certainly not when it was intended for free distribution, and it is all just a bit of fun anyway.

Potatoes.

So juicegiver, thanks for your interest and your offer but I'm going to decline it.

Dechujoh, I am sure the Council of the Olive Garden (who commissioned the Loose Canon in the first place) would welcome your interest and your energy, but within the existing framework, within the existing structure. There's no need to be duplicating work that has already been done.

Chill out, mix yourself a White Russian, check out the rug, man. It really ties the room together...

Oh, sorry, that's Dudeism, not FSMism. My bad :blush:
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby juicegiver on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:06 pm

Thank you Roy Hunter. I will exclude your works in my effort. I'm sorry for all the confusion. All I really wanted was 1 high quality hard back book of the Loose Canon. I thought I would share the other 34 with the other Pastafarians. I never meant you any harm.

With saucy compassion,

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:25 pm

juicegiver wrote:Thank you Roy Hunter. I will exclude your works in my effort. I'm sorry for all the confusion. All I really wanted was 1 high quality hard back book of the Loose Canon. I thought I would share the other 34 with the other Pastafarians. I never meant you any harm.

With saucy compassion,

juicegiver
If you want one high-quality hardback book for yourself, why not print off a copy of the pdf and do some bookbinding? It's not for profit, it's for your own personal use, so there is no copyright infringement. You might learn something useful, doing it yourself like that.

Man's gotta have a hobby...
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:51 pm

juicegiver wrote:Thank you Roy Hunter. I will exclude your works in my effort. I'm sorry for all the confusion. All I really wanted was 1 high quality hard back book of the Loose Canon. I thought I would share the other 34 with the other Pastafarians. I never meant you any harm.

With saucy compassion,

juicegiver

That's a baldfaced lie, because you specifically said you wanted to make $16,000 in personal profit.

EDIT: Oh, excuse me, I got the number wrong. Your words below, from the other thread:

"Royalties $10,000.00
Cost of Printing 1,000 books $21,939.11
100# Silk Text Paper
100 pt. board w/ High Gloss Laminate
Unexpected bull**** $19,025.44
Total investment by me (nobody else) $50,964.55
Selling 1,000 books at $69.99 $69,990.00

Anticipated profit $19,025.44"
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby DaveL on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:38 am

I would prefer it if The Council of the Olive Garden (of which I am a part) published the Loose Canon in hard copy, as we were the ones charged compiling it (with blessings from the forum and Bobby) in the first place. We've been using Facebook as a means of proliferating the writings on a dedicated page, as a means of promoting the Canon. So if there are new ways and means of promoting the Canon, then that initiative should come from us. I see no reason why The Council of The Olive Garden could not fulfil this task with no changing of money for personal profit (or is that prophet?). With respects to juicegiver the COG shall - when the time is right - self publish The Canon for free.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby juicegiver on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:11 pm

I want to buy one.

juicegiver
juicegiver

PreviousNext

Return to Scripture and Lore