Funny stuff found on the intrawebs ver. 2.0

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Funny stuff found on the intrawebs ver. 2.0

Postby daftbeaker on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:58 pm

Michael Gove is planning to cut down on resits at GCSE level to stop giving people more than one chance to try and succeed after they've failed.
This is Michael Gove's 4th attempt at trying to make a successful education system after failing previously.

I can't tell if this makes me want to laugh or scream. For those that aren't aware, the melting Thunderbirds puppet's latest idea is to rename GCSE grades from the current A*, A, B...F, U to 8, 7, 6...2, 1. That is possibly the best example of 'change for change's sake' I will ever see in my lifetime.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:48 pm

Miko Gov? Is e thet Wubstep bloak wiff thee funney hair?
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Mystic of Meatball

Postby daftbeaker on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:10 pm

Nef Yoo BlackBeard wrote:Miko Gov? Is e thet Wubstep bloak wiff thee funney hair?

No, you're thinking of Skrillex:

He, like you, makes horrible noises no one sane wants to listen to.

Michael Gove on the other hand looks like a ventriloquist's dummy that's been left on a hot radiator:

The worrying thing is that the mandatory provision of choklit milk and peetzer would be more sensible than the half-baked claptrap Gove is trying to force through as reform.

Incidentally, does anyone else see the flaw in pushing performance-related-pay at the same time as deliberately making exams harder? We're already in the situation where the pressure to get better results every year has a couple of my colleagues running two hour unpaid revision sessions after school every night of the week during the exam season. The reward for digging bigger holes is a better shovel :facewall:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

daftbeaker

Postby daftbeaker on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:59 pm

daftbeaker

Postby PKMKII on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:10 pm

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby PKMKII on Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:54 pm

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII

Postby Roy Hunter on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:43 am

"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:45 pm

—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby PKMKII on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:15 am

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII on Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:52 am

PKMKII

Postby black bart on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:31 am

^
Remarkable...I don't think anyone would notice the difference.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby AFTERGLOW on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:38 pm

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg..

Ahoy, me Hearties!
AFTERGLOW
Commander of Cartoons

Postby AFTERGLOW on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:39 pm

Ahoy, me Hearties!
AFTERGLOW
Commander of Cartoons

Postby AFTERGLOW on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:18 am

Ahoy, me Hearties!
AFTERGLOW
Commander of Cartoons

Postby PKMKII on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:10 am

The Onion: Gay Marriage Opponents Warn Supreme Court Ruling Could Put Nation On Slippery Slope To Rationality

“I don’t think people fully understand that letting homosexuals legally marry one another is just the very beginning of a dangerous road to clear logic and sound, sensible decision making,” said anti-gay protester Kevin Moore, 43, who warned that the landmark ruling will likely lead to “an unspeakable amount of enlightened discourse and thoughtful compromises across the country.”

PKMKII

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes