Sports

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Sports

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Tue May 14, 2013 9:54 pm

PKMKII wrote:
Mad Willyum Bonney wrote:One of the finest hockey clubs on earth has tied their first round playoff series . My ...err
... The Toronto Maple Leafs and the Bruins decide tonight which squad hits the golf links .
Give us a clean game lads !

Boston wins, Maple Leafs suck as usual.

:drinking: :haha:
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Wed May 15, 2013 1:11 am

Why ye ...!
Just fer that ... Rah Rah Rangers ! ...No , wait , that PK prolly .... Go Senators Go !
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Thu May 16, 2013 12:42 am

You've only been waiting 45 years, Willyum. Us Red Sox fans waited 86 years for a championship, and still have to listen to microcephalic Yankee fans berating the team for steroid use during the period when every team in the league was foaming over with steroid users. The Leafs will do better next year.

Maybe.
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
Privvy Counselor

Postby PKMKII on Thu May 16, 2013 10:45 am

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby PKMKII on Sat May 18, 2013 11:29 pm

Only a month and a half in, but this very well may be the worst pitch of the season.

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sun May 19, 2013 12:38 am

Just off the inside corner.
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

Privvy Counselor

Postby PKMKII on Tue May 21, 2013 11:57 am

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII on Wed May 29, 2013 12:56 am

Mets have won 3 games in a row, and have taken the first two games against the Yankees, ensuring the series is at least a tie. More importantly, they handed Mariano Rivera his first blown save of the season.

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII on Fri May 31, 2013 12:52 am

Mets swept the Yankees, with starting Mets pitcher Dillon Gee only allowing 4 hits, 1 earned run, no walks, and struck out a career-high 12. First time ever that the Mets have swept the Yankees in interleague play. Overall, Mets pitchers had an ERA of 1.75 for the series.

PKMKII

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Fri May 31, 2013 2:08 am

PKMKII wrote:Mets swept the Yankees, with starting Mets pitcher Dillon Gee only allowing 4 hits, 1 earned run, no walks, and struck out a career-high 12. First time ever that the Mets have swept the Yankees in interleague play. Overall, Mets pitchers had an ERA of 1.75 for the series.

Any time the Yankees lose, the sun shines a little brighter, laughter is a little more carefree, and unicorns can be seen frolicking in amber fields of grain.
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

Privvy Counselor

Postby PKMKII on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:30 am

MLB to bring down an epic banhammer.

Major League Baseball will seek to suspend about 20 players connected to the Miami-area clinic at the heart of an ongoing performance-enhancing drug scandal, including Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun, possibly within the next few weeks, "Outside the Lines" has learned. If the suspensions are upheld, the performance-enhancing drug scandal would be the largest in American sports history.

PKMKII

Postby black bart on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:50 am

Nothing but the sound of leather on willow at the moment here in blighty.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DavidH on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:38 pm

Apart from which quite a few people are playing cricket. :fsm_rock:
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby PKMKII on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:41 am

PKMKII

Postby black bart on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:14 am

Tahiti scored a goal against Nigeria!!!!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Discussion