Spreading the Word in Pamphlet Form!!!

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Spreading the Word in Pamphlet Form!!!

Postby Dudeman55556 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:37 pm

I understand that there are pamphlets on the website. But I'm not entirely sure if they're the same as the ones in this post. Does anyone know? And if not, I do want copies of them (preferably the .pdf versions, they're easier to print). Can someone help me out?
"I would think the power of christ would at least come with a built-in spellchecker."
-Travis Waldera
Dudeman55556
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Dudeman55556 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:06 pm

Jhereg wrote:Continuing my earlier post, (and I do apologize for the length. If there's any objections, let me know and I'll ask to start a new thread. :) ) The rest of the Rap involves the midrap and the close. The midrap is the part in the conversation where you educate the contact with a fact or two, and then tell them what you need. In my organization, this involves saying something like "Ohio has lost 250,000 jobs just in the past five years, so we're out here fighting the good fight, doing a strength in numbers campaign to put pressure on politicians to get our jobs back. I'm sure I can count on your support, just put your name here..." Now for the FSM :fsm: canvass, I think you could say something comical such as "As you can see from this graph I have, the declining population of pirates has had a direct effect on global warming. I'm sure you agree that this is a very serious issue. What I need you to do is support pirates around the globe and sign this statement saying pirates are cool. :wink: "

Or whatever.The last part of the rap that we do is called the close. This is the part of the rap where you target for what you need. What we usually say is " Like I've been telling your neighbors, we are a non-profit organization out here fighting for your rights as a community. Members have been contributing 5 dollars for the evening. It's dues for an entire year, and it puts a lot of power behind your voice in our organization. I'm sure I can count on you for just 5 bucks today"

The biggest question I have for this is what we want to get out of this. I mean, the laughs and smiles are definitely the most important thing, and we really don't want to try to convert people unless they want to be converted. But there is, in the rap equation, a need for something to be targeted for. I was thinking, maybe...pasta/pasta sauce?

Intro:
"Ahoy there, matey/lass! I be the scurvy pirate (insert name here) here ter represent pastafarians round' the globe! We be spreadin' the word of His Holy Noodlyness, and we need but a mom't of yer time" (now of course, you will be in full pirate regalia with pamphlets and probably a large either chest or piratey-type storage device.) At this point in time, you will present the pamphlet to the person at the door.
Midrap:
"Now we be a tolerant group o' pasta-lovin' pirates, but Y'aar we be needin yer help. Ye see, as the population of piratey folk be dwindlin', the globe be warmin' up greatly. Now there is sometin' aught to do about it, I shan't lie ter ye there! What we be needin of you is teh take me scimitar here" (hand them the scimitar) " that be good, that be good! Now tell it to the world ' Y'aar, the world be needin' more pirates!' Excellent, Lass/Laddie, mos' excellent indeed."
Close:
After they wave the sword, make sure you get it back, then end with this." Thank ye, thank ye so much fer yer time. I do have but one humble request ter make of thee. We do be but a motley crew, this scurvy lot, and methinks ye might be of some assistance. Ye see, we have aught to celebrate with on this coming Friday night, as you know, a day of pasta and beverage! So I be thinkin' that you might be havin' a spare box o' pasta, or maybe a spare jar o' pasta sauce fer us teh take. Y'haar, thankee kindly, so kindly! We'll be headin on our way. Avast!"

And there you have it.

May the eternal redness of his pasta induced eternity bring us bliss and cheese to sniff. R'Amen

Or we could use your rap like I suggested in this topic: http://www.venganza.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12041&p=438346#p438346
"I would think the power of christ would at least come with a built-in spellchecker."
-Travis Waldera
Dudeman55556
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Ubi Dubius on Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:37 pm

Ubi Dubium is keeping pamphlets and her new pyrat hat near the door and is hoping for some Mormons soon!
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby Rev. Brian on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:07 am

Anybody know who the "keeper" of the brochures in the propaganda/materials page is? Reason I ask is that while the brochures are very nicely done and an excellent tool for spreading the word, they contain some typos/errors. It doesn't help the cause to have errors in your promotional materials.

Here are the errors that I found in sk_brochure.pdf:
  • Page 1 under "Scientific Proof", "Nitrogen" is misspelled "Nitorgen"
  • Page 1, the heading "Conclusion" is misspelled "Conclussion"

If the person with the original files could post an updated version that would be awesome. I pulled the PDF into a graphics editor and hacked a usable fix, but a fixed PDF on the main site would be best (so everyone else isn't using flyers with typos).
I can see the fnords.
Rev. Brian
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Temp0ral on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:25 pm

Rev. Brian wrote:Anybody know who the "keeper" of the brochures in the propaganda/materials page is? Reason I ask is that while the brochures are very nicely done and an excellent tool for spreading the word, they contain some typos/errors. It doesn't help the cause to have errors in your promotional materials.

Here are the errors that I found in sk_brochure.pdf:
  • Page 1 under "Scientific Proof", "Nitrogen" is misspelled "Nitorgen"
  • Page 1, the heading "Conclusion" is misspelled "Conclussion"

If the person with the original files could post an updated version that would be awesome. I pulled the PDF into a graphics editor and hacked a usable fix, but a fixed PDF on the main site would be best (so everyone else isn't using flyers with typos).

HE put those typos in to test your faith.
Temp0ral
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Rev. Brian on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:13 pm

Temp0ral wrote:HE put those typos in to test your faith.

Of course the FSM is prone to such antics. Bobby warned us of such right at the outset in the Gospel. However, testing the faith of one who is already an adherent is one thing, but in materials intended to spread the word, such things may deter one who is being exposed to our religion for the first time (and do not yet have any faith to test).
I can see the fnords.
Rev. Brian
Fusilli Fuselier

Previous

Return to The Cause