Upcoming Films...

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Upcoming Films...

Postby la la on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:49 am

If I mention that I fully intend to watch Breaking Dawn part 2 next week, am I going to pick up a lot of flack? I'm always picking up flack for being a twi-hard. (Yes I said it, twi-hard, and I wont take it back!) Of course I love the books a thousand times more than the movies, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the movies. And I'm hoping the last movie will be a bit more fun than the rest, now that we can move past all the dramatic love triangles and get back to watching Bella be an awesome sparkly vampire.
"There's a hell of a good universe next door, let's go!" e e cummings

"And the new day was a great big fish." Terry Pratchett

"WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?" Terry Pratchett (yes again, I'm afraid. He's my absolute favourite author)
la la
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:59 am

I prefer Buffy.

Oh, did you know that Edward and Bella are in an abusive relationship?
According to the National Domestic Violence hotline, these are some signs that you may be in an emotionally or physically abusive relationship.

Does your partner:
* Look at you or act in ways that scare you?
Check.

* Control what you do, who you see or talk to or where you go?
"Stay away from the werewolves. I love you."

* Make all of the decisions?
Check.

* Act like the abuse is no big deal, it's your fault, or even deny doing it?
"If I wasn't so attracted to you, I wouldn't have to break up with you."

* Threaten to commit suicide?
"I just can't live without you. In fact, I'll run to Italy and try suicide by vampire if anything happens to you."

* Threaten to kill you?
On their first date.

These are some more signs of an abusive relationship.
Has your partner...
* Tried to isolate you from family or friends.
Bella doesn't have time for anyone else!

* Damaged property when angry (thrown objects, punched walls, kicked doors, etc.).
Check.

* Pushed, slapped, bitten, kicked or choked you.
Does tossing her through a glass table count?

* Abandoned you in a dangerous or unfamiliar place.
"We're breaking up. And I'm leaving you in the forest."

* Scared you by driving recklessly.
Check.

* Forced you to leave your home.
She had to run away with him to flee from the other vampires in the first movie, and she had to drop everything and run to Italy in the second.

* Prevented you from calling police or seeking medical attention.
Check. Even in the hospital, nothing is a big deal.

* Views women as objects and believes in rigid gender roles.
Well, they are Mormon... (I know, I know, cheap shot.)

* Accuses you of cheating or is often jealous of your outside relationships.
Check, wolf-boy.

Now I'm pissed. According to the NDVH, "If you answered ‘yes' to even one of these questions, you may be in an abusive relationship." This list is fifteen.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby black bart on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:55 am

At do they at any time say things like:

"Aaaagh, they are der children of der nyt, wot beeeoootiful musik dey mayk"?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:00 pm

That be filming RoboCop around the corner . I be thinking ove bean an xtree an sawntarr down thee street.
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby Roland Deschain on Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:58 pm

Buffy. :love:

Willow. :love:

Anya. :love:

Faith. :love:

Tara. :love:

la la wrote:If I mention that I fully intend to watch Breaking Dawn part 2 next week, am I going to pick up a lot of flack? I'm always picking up flack for being a twi-hard. (Yes I said it, twi-hard, and I wont take it back!) Of course I love the books a thousand times more than the movies, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the movies. And I'm hoping the last movie will be a bit more fun than the rest, now that we can move past all the dramatic love triangles and get back to watching Bella be an awesome sparkly vampire.

I shall stay respectfully silent on this one, and go cry in a corner. :cry: :haha:
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby black bart on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:05 am

There's a trailer out for the new Star Trek movie with Benedict Cumberbatch as the baddy.

Stop casting us as the bad guys America...what did we ever do to upset you. :guilty:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:13 am

black bart wrote:There's a trailer out for the new Star Trek movie with Benedict Cumberbatch as the baddy.

Stop casting us as the bad guys America...what did we ever do to upset you. :guilty:
Equity will hunt you down and kill you, you know.

Alan Rickman?

Charles Dance?

Steven Berkoff?

Malcolm McDowell?

Vinnie Jones?

These guys are making a fortune playing villains!
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby black bart on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:32 am

Phew...ye be right...and I just realised that they are all English actors. :haha:

Pssst...Vinnie JONES :facewall:
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roland Deschain on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:56 pm

The trailer is intriguing. Talking to a friend, we were thinking that Benedict could play a villain from the TOS, Gary Mitchell. He was a Starfleet officer with psychic powers gone wrong. I cannot wait!
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby daftbeaker on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:29 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:
black bart wrote:There's a trailer out for the new Star Trek movie with Benedict Cumberbatch as the baddy.

Alan Rickman?

Charles Dance?

Steven Berkoff?

Malcolm McDowell?

Vinnie Jones?

You forgot everyone apart from Darth Vader on the first Death Star
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:20 pm

David Prowse (who physically acted Vader) is English. James Earl Jones, who voiced Vader, is part Irish if that counts.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby black bart on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:12 am

It's true...the English are evil oppressors...they raped my valley!!!!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PKMKII on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:27 pm

Matt Smith is going to have the lead in Ryan Gosling's directorial debut, How to Catch a Monster. Also starring Eva Mendes and Christina Hendricks. The synopsis:

Variety describes the film as “story…set against the surreal dreamscape of a vanishing city and centered on a single mother of two being swept into a macabre and dark fantasy underworld while her teenage son discovers a secret road leading to an underwater town.”

YESSUMS.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Rainswept on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:12 am

Roy Hunter wrote:

Alan Rickman?

Charles Dance?

Steven Berkoff?

Malcolm McDowell?

Vinnie Jones?

If you english guys get good enough at it, we'll let you be a secret goodguy in one series, and maybe police commissioner. Not our Fault Gary Oldman was the only one that good.
ImageImage ImageImage
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby Rainswept on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:22 am

PKMKII wrote:Matt Smith is going to have the lead in Ryan Gosling's directorial debut,

I always thought he looked like George McFly.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors