Did you hear who died?

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Did you hear who died?

Postby black bart on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:49 am

I love that 'Moon River' song :cry:

Especially when I see the moon reflected on the river...I start singing it. Then I usually fall off my bike.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:09 am

I once got to sing "Music To Watch Girls By" with the legendary Johnny 7 at a wedding. I was channelling Andy Williams all the way. Brilliant - he will be missed.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby black bart on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:19 am

My voice is too powerful for an Andy Williams style...I'm more of a Harry Secombe.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DavidH on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:14 am

I'm more of a Spike Milligan. But even if I had a good voice, I wouldn't adopt Andy Williams's style.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby black bart on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:23 am

Together we're half of the goons!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:44 pm

Herbert Lom, 95, he was old.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter

Postby Roland Deschain on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:Herbert Lom, 95, he was old.

Herbert Charles Angelo Kuchacevich ze Schluderpacheru was a great actor, now gone forever. :cry:
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby black bart on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:04 am

He was in Sparticus and El Cid...he had a really good outfit in El Cid:

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PKMKII on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:34 pm

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:23 pm

"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby black bart on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:52 am

Jerry the Hamster. :cry:
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roy Hunter on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:21 am

Michael Marra, Dundee's other bard, 60, he was ill.
Roy Hunter

Postby Roy Hunter on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Chess recording artist Terry Callier, 67.
Roy Hunter

Postby black bart on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:02 am

Russell Means died on October 22. He was an Oglala Sioux activist for the rights of Native American people and libertarian political activist. He became a prominent member of the American Indian Movement (AIM) after joining the organization in 1968, and helped organize notable events that attracted national and international media coverage.

As an actor he appeared in numerous films, including an appearance as Chingachgook in The Last of the Mohicans (1992 ).

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:40 am

Roy Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Discussion