The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Re: The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:06 pm

Greetings and Salutations. Welcome to the forum.

Pasta be upon you. :fsm_rock:
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Roland Deschain on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:42 am

:welcome: and pesto be upon you, oh new converts. May you be touched (either appropriately or inappropriately dependant upon your preference) by His Noodly Appendage, and may you forever be in sauce with Him. RAmen.
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Roland Deschain on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:12 am

:welcome: aboard, me matey! Batten down thee hatches, and splice thee main brace. Yaaarrrrrggghhhh!
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby àLaCapri on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:29 pm

hi.

I'm a pastafarian for about a year, but never got until the forum until now.

I'm in search of some ethical guidance in these unruly times:
Is it ok to serve overly cooked spaghetti at a non-believer and a mocker? Or can I top her bolognese with bad parmesan and would that be considered as biological warfare?

I'm not talking 'bout Jihad or a bolognese throwing Intifada (should be fun, though), but just this one mocker and non-believer that happens to be my x-wife.
Btw, she is living proof of unintelligent design, . She was great when I first met her, but unfortunately she evolved into a really stupid cow.

Pasta Power!
àLaCapri
Conchigliette Convert

Postby TheHolyGrate on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:25 am

Hello all :)

I'm from Texas, USA and I was touched by His Noodley Appendage the other day.

My husband, being a catholic and all, did not appreciate His Noodliness touching me.

However, all has been revealed to me in the Nutrition Facts of my ramen soup.

I no longer wish to be catholic, and I want to convert to Pastafarianism.

Any help with my transition is greatly appreciated and I look forward to learning more about my new found faith.

:)
TheHolyGrate
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:13 pm

Welcome The HolyGrate!

You can be de-baptised with a specially consecrated hairdryer, to dry up the holy water, and then you're good. Bless your hairdryer with a pack of spaghetti by saying "YAAARRRGGGHHH!!!" and waving the pasta about in a meaningful manner, then dry the holy water off your forehead. Job's a good 'un.

The de-programming all the RC stuff might take a little longer, and may prove a little more problematic. Speaking as the spouse of a former bead-twirler, guilt about no longer being RC is a problem. The beer volcano helps.

Anyway, dive in! Ban a few people, tell some lies, take part in the epic role-playing game, you can even check out the serious stuff if you like.

Enjoy!

:welcome:
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Ravi Oli on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:02 pm

àLaCapri wrote:Btw, she is living proof of unintelligent design, . She was great when I first met her, but unfortunately she evolved into a really stupid cow.

We are accepting of all... believers, non-believers and stupid cows alike. There is a place in heaven, beer and strippers for everyone... though His Noodliness has a fine sense of humour so if she is as bad as you think he may make her a stripper no one wants to see.

Welcome all new recruits. Make the place in your own image for TFSM loves you even if you only pay homage when boiling your pasta.
Send lawyers, guns and money...
Ravi Oli
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:36 am

àLaCapri wrote:hi.

I'm a pastafarian for about a year, but never got until the forum until now.

I'm in search of some ethical guidance in these unruly times:
Is it ok to serve overly cooked spaghetti at a non-believer and a mocker? Or can I top her bolognese with bad parmesan and would that be considered as biological warfare?

I'm not talking 'bout Jihad or a bolognese throwing Intifada (should be fun, though), but just this one mocker and non-believer that happens to be my x-wife.
Btw, she is living proof of unintelligent design, . She was great when I first met her, but unfortunately she evolved into a really stupid cow.

Pasta Power!

Ye two eh laddy .

Oi spose mine reely wuz a dumb cow ta begin wiff

Butt oi be thee dummer fur lettin ' in me loife .

Et has been an eterniddy , but Asheya finely leefs tomorrow . :lurk: :drinking: :drinking:
:drinking: :drinking: :welcome: :haha:

:lurk: :lurk:
:lurk:
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby LiKWiD on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi,

I've been toying with pastafarianism for a few years now, figured it's time to go all-in as my diet seems to consist largely of spaghettiOs anyway these days.
LiKWiD
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:47 am

Hi LiKWiD! Please eat a little more healthily, I'm watching out for potential orrgan donors. :fsm_yarr: :evilgrin:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby LaggAt on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:47 pm

:welcome: Hiya to all pastafais out there!

I'm reading a lot about FSM, and really enjoy the idea behind it.
As a mix of atheist/agnostic (dont belief, but if there is something I don't care) I feel well with your church and will probably convert. Just want to talk to you guys, to see if it's really what i should do.

Greetings to the admins, which have to moderate this. Thanks for your work here.

regards,
Florian.
LaggAt
Conchigliette Convert

Postby godslittlemonkey on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:13 pm

Greetings all and a starchy pappardelle to all.
I have been aware of the COFSM for a few years and have finally committed to commit.
Perhaps better would have been, Flying Spaghetti Monster's little monkey, but I think we all get the drift.
Ramen and pasta out
godslittlemonkey
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Orecchiette on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Greetings from Quebec!
I was inspired by my hero Niko Alm to have my picture taken on my driver's license taken while wearing pastafarian headgear. As it was for a motorcycle exam I could not wear a colander so I wore a dish rag with the MSF ichtus drawn on it.
I'll let you know when it arrives.

[url]:zen:[/url]
Orecchiette
Conchigliette Convert

Postby BunsenH on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:15 pm

Howdy, all, from Nepean, Ontario. Arrr.

I've known about the FSM for some years, now, but had a weird question come to mind a little while ago. This seems to be the obvious site to ask it, so on we go with the process of getting posting approval in the "regular" sections of the forum.
BunsenH
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:27 pm

Greetings and welcome, all.

BunsenH... Any relation to Dr. Bunsen Honeydew?
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

PreviousNext

Return to Standards and Practices