Did you know?

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Did you know?

Postby black bart on Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:41 am

^^We're training up Great British Athlete 'Andy Murray' to wear shoulder pads and a helmet...so watch out! It's time for America to stop acting like an eastern block country and open up to the rest of the world. I hear Rangers are looking for an alternative sport.

^Rhodes...we nearly went there from Turkey but in the end we were too lazy. It was once the centre of the civilised world you know.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:16 am

Did you know that the first person to use 'OMG' was Admiral Fisher of the Royal Navy whilst writing his memoires in 1917?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:50 am

Did you know that what was once, and not very long ago either, a major operation requiring bone saws and heart-lung machines, leaving huuuuuuge scars and a looooong stay in hospital, is now a procedure done via a tiny incision and watched on screens like a computer game?

If the heart is the engine of the body, I am now the proud owner of one that runs like a Rolls Royce, instead of the Trabant it used to emulate. :love:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Roy Hunter on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:24 am

Congratulations Tig! (What was the operation? You know I'm nosey about these things, PM me if you don't want to put the answer out on the web.)

Glad to hear you're feeling better. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :fsm_float:
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Elvalia on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Did you know that New River Beach in New Brunswick positively glows if you swim in it at night? It's incredible.
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:
Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby black bart on Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:32 am

Was it the beach that was glowing or you?
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby TwistedSister on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:36 am

^ naughty, naughty. :whip:
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby black bart on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:02 am

Well if it's anything like the last time I went for a swim off a British beach...I wasn't the same colour when I came out.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby daftbeaker on Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Did you know that in addition to my shins being excellent furniture detectors, my feet can be relied upon to find any carpet rods in dark rooms? :furious:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:07 pm

Did you know that The Poisoned Rose by Elvis Costello contains all the notes and all* the chords, and never in the same order twice? We tried to learn it earlier this evening, but ended up saying " :furious: it, we'll do a Status Quo cover instead. Fewer chord changes..."

*with the obvious exception of F demented, which only Richard Thompson can play.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter

Postby black bart on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:39 am

Did you know that the assassin of Abraham Lincoln, John Wilkes Booth, was himself shot by Boston Corbett? Corbett was a very strange man who, some years earlier, had castrated himself to avoid the temptations of prostitutes.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roland Deschain on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:14 pm

black bart wrote:Did you know that the assassin of Abraham Lincoln, John Wilkes Booth, was himself shot by Boston Corbett? Corbett was a very strange man who, some years earlier, had castrated himself to avoid the temptations of prostitutes.

Why are successful assassins of US presidents, themselves assassinated soon after? :confused:
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:34 am

Lloyd's of London has an apostrophe.
Lloyds bank does not.
Roy Hunter

Postby black bart on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:51 am

Roland Deschain wrote:
black bart wrote:Did you know that the assassin of Abraham Lincoln, John Wilkes Booth, was himself shot by Boston Corbett? Corbett was a very strange man who, some years earlier, had castrated himself to avoid the temptations of prostitutes.

Why are successful assassins of US presidents, themselves assassinated soon after? :confused:

Good point...when British Prime Minister Spencer Perceval was shot by John Bellingham in 1812, Bellingham was left alive...to be tried and executed.

In fact Boston Corbett was on a mission to capture John Wilkes Booth alive but he took it upon himself to shoot Booth through the neck. You have to admire Corbett's balls...oh no, perhaps not :blush:
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roland Deschain on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:31 am

black bart wrote:In fact Boston Corbett was on a mission to capture John Wilkes Booth alive but he took it upon himself to shoot Booth through the neck. You have to admire Corbett's balls...oh no, perhaps not :blush:

Then why did he shoot him through the neck? Was he acting in a threatening manner? And don't worry about that last part. It's safe to say such things in our very accepting company. :haha:
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes