Sports

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Sports

Postby black bart on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:56 am

Roy Hunter wrote:With Celtic currently in 5th position, it could be anyone...

:confused:

Have they actually played any games yet?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:08 am

black bart wrote:
Roy Hunter wrote:With Celtic currently in 5th position, it could be anyone...

:confused:

Have they actually played any games yet?
Yes. They keep losing or drawing. I don't know if they are concentrating on getting out of the groups stages of the Champions League because it's still early in the season, or if they are just being a bit crap.

Oh! That's right, I just remembered! I don't care!

Come on the Jaggy Thistles!
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby black bart on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:01 am

^Why are they hiding in a darkened room? They look like extras from a Vinnie Jones movie!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:09 am

black bart wrote:^Why are they hiding in a darkened room? They look like extras from a Vinnie Jones movie!
Can't afford the electricity bills...
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter

Postby PKMKII on Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:29 pm

Just when Brett Lawrie is named the Blue Jay's inadvertent gay icon, Yunel Escobar gets in trouble for his homophobic face paint.

Also, World Baseball Classic caps. Here's the British one:

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby daftbeaker on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:00 pm

PKMKII wrote:Yunel Escobar gets in trouble for his homophobic face paint.

I am loving the sheer brass neck of that 'apology'.

"Yes, I did write 'You are a faggot' on my face but I didn't think it would be interpreted as anti-gay" :facewall:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby PKMKII on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:01 am

NFL fans have gone from upset to outright angry over the replacement refs (background: the referee's union wanted a modest pay raise, the NFL hired scabs instead). Here's the Ravens fans last night reacting to the bad calls last night. And here's what the refs in that game were doing this time last year.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII

Postby PKMKII on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:40 pm

The Onion: Steve Young Suffers Concussion Attempting To Explain Final Call In Packers, Seahawks Game\

“It’s evident that the replacement referees’ questionable, game-deciding call exerted a significant amount of trauma on Mr. Young’s brain and caused him to temporarily lose consciousness while attempting to grasp the rationale of calling that play a touchdown,” said neurologist Richard Spencer, adding that the woozy Young was helped off the ESPN broadcasting set immediately following his disoriented plea for the NFL to bring back the regular officials. "Given Mr. Young's history, this is certainly serious. It’s not surprising that he’s exhibiting signs of cognitive impairment. That ball was intercepted."

PKMKII

Postby black bart on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:37 am

I refuse to write anything about sport until Swansea start winning again. :cry:

Well...I could just mention 'The Ryder Cup'. :drinking:
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PKMKII on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:53 pm

PKMKII

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:37 am

black bart wrote:I refuse to write anything about sport until Swansea start winning again. :cry:

Really Bart? What happened in the Ryder Cup? I've been in my shed all weekend, so I must have missed it...
Roy Hunter

Postby black bart on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:01 am

Roy Hunter wrote:
black bart wrote:I refuse to write anything about sport until Swansea start winning again. :cry:

Really Bart? What happened in the Ryder Cup? I've been in my shed all weekend, so I must have missed it...

Well Roy I was also in my shed (doing some potting) but I was disturbed by loads of American Golfers Weeping and Wailing and saying: "How the f*** did we lose that!"
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PKMKII on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:39 pm

MLB Play-Off Schedule Released

Whoever wins that AL play-in game better beat the Yankees.

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:41 am

Goddamnit, Yankees knocked out Baltimore, St. Louis knocked out Washington, Giants knocked out the Reds. Only team left I want to win the World Series is Detroit.

PKMKII

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 am

Roy Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Discussion