Did you hear who died?

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Did you hear who died?

Postby PKMKII on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:04 am

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:47 am

"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby PKMKII on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Rev. Sun Myung Moon, founder of the Unification Church. 92. Pneumonia

Roy Hunter wrote::cry:
Hal David dead.
Nicki Minaj still alive.

Confession Bear time here: I don't think she's a musical genius or anything, but I don't think Nicki Minaj is bad. She seems to put a bit more energy and originality into her schtick than the average cookie-cutter hip-hop/pop singer.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:11 pm

PKMKII wrote:Confession Bear time here: I don't think she's a musical genius or anything, but I don't think Nicki Minaj is bad. She seems to put a bit more energy and originality into her schtick than the average cookie-cutter hip-hop/pop singer.
I have a problem with a lot of the male hip-hopperati and their attitude to women and gay people, thinking that shooting people is cool etc., but I don't often find a female hip-hop artist who has a lousy attitude to women. Men, yes; women, no.

I listened to that 'Stupid Hoe' song quite a few times, looking for the redeeming post-modern, ironic, self-deprecating undertone, and I'm afraid I just didn't find it. Just another boring misogynistic rapper, but with more interesting makeup and hair.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though...
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby black bart on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:58 am

Goddam nice booty though mutha f***a!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DavidH on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:21 pm

Max Bygraves has finally snuffed it. Oh Death, where is thy sting?

But I've just heard a rumour that Cliff Richard is still alive. :shocked:
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:58 pm

Michael Clark Duncan, aka John Coffey from The Green Mile.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby daftbeaker on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:Michael Clark Duncan, aka John Coffey from The Green Mile.

Damn, he made that film what it is.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Roland Deschain on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:43 pm

He did indeed. Heaven. He's in [Pastafarian] Heaven.
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:22 pm

I can't accept the thought of anyone else as John Coffy.
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby black bart on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:49 am

Terry Nutkins, TV wildlife presenter aged 66. I always thought he was a nice man and I remember him because he had his finger bitten off by an Otter.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roland Deschain on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:49 am

black bart wrote:Terry Nutkins, TV wildlife presenter aged 66. I always thought he was a nice man and I remember him because he had his finger bitten off by an Otter.

I loved Terry Nutkins. He was a staple of my youth, watching him on children's TV. A sad loss.
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby black bart on Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:29 am

We need a new thread...Guess who they've dug up?

Richard III :drinking:

He was innocent of murdering the princes in my opinion and had he lived would have made a good King...lets hope his bones show he was no Shakespearean Hunchback and that he went down fighting.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:02 am

Heer heer Barty , oi alwaze figgurd he gotta a bum rep .
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby black bart on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:40 am

Apparently Richard's Bones (if they indeed ARE his bones) show that he definitely went down fighting but he did have a crooked spine.
black bart
Resident Weevil

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Discussion