Million Noodle March - Food Bank Locations

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Million Noodle March - Food Bank Locations

Postby The Dark Noodle on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:36 pm

The Dark Noodle
AKA - The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

The Book of Piraticus 12:1-3
I gave you brains, the ability to reason, and free will for a reason.
Please use them.
If I say something dumb, question it.
http://www.loose-canon.info/ - A really Important Collection of Words.
The Dark Noodle
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Location: Council of The Olive Garden, The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

Postby The Dark Noodle on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:53 am

I had a meeting at the weekend with the local franchise of The Trussell Trust, due to the overtly religious aspect of their operation I will not be taking it any further.

They are dealing with vulnerable people who are in need, for one reason of or another they have no food and before The Trussell Trust will hand over the food parcel they have to pray.

This is not selfless giving to help those in need, it is an attempt to exploit the situation the person in need is in, people who will be susceptible to this insidious form of indoctrination into a "cult"
The Dark Noodle
AKA - The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

The Book of Piraticus 12:1-3
I gave you brains, the ability to reason, and free will for a reason.
Please use them.
If I say something dumb, question it.
http://www.loose-canon.info/ - A really Important Collection of Words.
The Dark Noodle
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Location: Council of The Olive Garden, The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

Postby black bart on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:40 am

The Dark Noodle wrote:

I had a meeting at the weekend with the local franchise of The Trussell Trust, due to the overtly religious aspect of their operation I will not be taking it any further.

They are dealing with vulnerable people who are in need, for one reason of or another they have no food and before The Trussell Trust will hand over the food parcel they have to pray.

This is not selfless giving to help those in need, it is an attempt to exploit the situation the person in need is in, people who will be susceptible to this insidious form of indoctrination into a "cult"

That's such a shame...why can't they just point out that they are a Christian Organisation and then get on with handing out the food? You're quite right to say it's exploitation it's almost like asking people to grovel.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roland Deschain on Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:25 am

Unfortunately, it's nothing new. This went on with the poorhouses/workhouses up until at least the 1930's in the UK. Many organisations handed out food to the homeless and, being Christian organisations, the price was praying with the vicar or spending a whole service in a church. You'll see this if you read Down and Out in Paris and London.
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby violette2726 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:10 am

Feedingamerica.org has a food bank finder. Most counties have have a food bank serving their area. I work at the food bank in Ventura County, CA. I just bought a truckload of spaghetti and sauce yesterday!!! All praise his Noodley Goodnesss
violette2726
Conchigliette Convert

Postby violette2726 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:14 am

Regarding the requirement of some organizations to require praying or services to receive food, any organization that receives food from a Feeding America member food bank is not allowed to do that per a signed agreement with the food bank.
violette2726
Conchigliette Convert

Previous

Return to All Things FSM