The Video Games Thread

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby Wolfenstein on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:29 am

pieces o'nine wrote:So far, every time I have written that in the "Special Skills" section of a job application, I have been hired.

Mac users are special. Special like Ralph Wiggum.
Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!
Wolfenstein
Stele Second Mate

Postby PKMKII on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:02 pm

Wolfenstein wrote:
pieces o'nine wrote:So far, every time I have written that in the "Special Skills" section of a job application, I have been hired.

I bet you're still waiting for the public to realize the subtle genius of the Zune, aren't you?
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Wolfenstein on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:23 am

PKMKII wrote:
Wolfenstein wrote:

I bet you're still waiting for the public to realize the subtle genius of the Zune, aren't you?

What is the Zune?
Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!
Wolfenstein
Stele Second Mate

Postby black bart on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:03 am

Roy Hunter wrote:
pieces o'nine wrote:...*some* of us are bi-puteral...
Careful now... Mad Will and Ravi are already excited enough about you... At their age...

:lol:

I did try windows once...it was a Sash Window.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby daftbeaker on Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:08 am

Max Payne 3 needs Rockstar's Social Club to work. I do not like this because it's a crappy multiplayer system at best and a total waste of system resources at worst. The password reset doesn't work either.

I'm tempted to download a cracked torrent to get a better game :facewall:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Roland Deschain on Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:05 am

^ That's crap. I don't mind having Steam open, as that uses only 100-150 MB RAM at the most. How much RAM does Social Club need?

I have completed the main campaign in both Tropico 4 and its DLC Modern Times, with only 2 Steam achievements left to go, and it still has so much playability in it!
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby PKMKII on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:08 pm

Because it was on sale for 5 bucks on the Steam summer sale, I bought GTA 4. It's a good facsimile of New York City. The game feel definitely has more in common with LA Noire than GTA: San Andreas. However, it feels like I've been playing for quite some time and I haven't gotten a gun yet. In the previous versions, I'd be awash in guns by this point.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby black bart on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:35 am

PKMKII wrote:Because it was on sale for 5 bucks on the Steam summer sale, I bought GTA 4. It's a good facsimile of New York City. The game feel definitely has more in common with LA Noire than GTA: San Andreas. However, it feels like I've been playing for quite some time and I haven't gotten a gun yet. In the previous versions, I'd be awash in guns by this point.

A truly great game...worth playing through till the end because it has great characters and some really funny moments. My favourite characters were the hero Nico Bellic, his cousin Roman and Yusuf Amir who doesn't appear in the original game, you have to get 'The Ballad of Gay Tony".
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Wolfenstein on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:13 pm

I decided to give swtor another chance before my game time runs out. So I took the free transfer to the server The Red Eclipse and I will start to level a Jedi consular named Vixenstein. I also have a bounty hunter named Kittenstein.
Wolfenstein
Stele Second Mate

Postby Roland Deschain on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:21 pm

Good to hear you trying it out again, Wolfenstein. If you would like to join a guild, add Meetal or Roweland as a friend, and i'll add you if we're online at the same time. I should be on tomorrow at some point, although not sure whether that'll be afternoon or evening. Or both, lol.

In GTA IV, I also loved the Rasta guy (been so long, I don't remember his name) who you could buy guns from. He was always there for me when I needed him. PK, when you get that far, go into a TW@ internet cafe and go to www.littlelacysurprisepageant.com.

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby gronank on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:43 pm

I've been trying my fortune with dayz, the zombie apocalypse mod for arma 2. It is a bit thrilling to scavange for supplies and weapons while constantly being concerned of zombies and other players. It is also very frustrating to contantly die.
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby Roland Deschain on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:48 pm

^ :lol:. I find zombies have a habit of creeping up on you, whatever game they're in. Is there any way you can operate on a buddy system, where someone else watches your back for you, and vice versa?

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby gronank on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:56 pm

sure, you can play with others. The servers take up to 60 people so you can have lot of friends with you. They can eiter have them besides you with an assualt rifle or far away with a sniper rifle providing overwatch.

Given a bit of persistance, you can fix vehicles such as cars, motorcycles and even helicopters. A helicopter is a very interesting platform for zombie hunting.
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby Roland Deschain on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:09 pm

Sounds cool. I have seen the fun that is zombie hunting in a helicopter from such films as Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead. :haha:

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Wolfenstein on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:55 am

Roland Deschain wrote:Good to hear you trying it out again, Wolfenstein. If you would like to join a guild, add Meetal or Roweland as a friend, and i'll add you if we're online at the same time. I should be on tomorrow at some point, although not sure whether that'll be afternoon or evening. Or both, lol.

Did you also transfer to the red eclipse?
Wolfenstein
Stele Second Mate

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors