Food Drive - Million Noodle March

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Alpaca on Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:20 pm

Eight boxes at 1.10 lbs each.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:32 pm

For the record, Canucks do weight in lbs and mass in grams equally well, but can't figure out stone. We don't speak height in cm, but can't do length in miles very well.

I'll mark you down for 4000 noodles!
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Alpaca on Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:38 pm

Time to update the thermometer, then. (I hope you find my script remotely useful.)
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:53 pm

Do you want to be Chief Thermometer Tech? You've got the second post.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Alpaca on Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:54 pm

Sounds good. I'll get to work on that.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Griffin on Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:10 pm

A wondrous event has occured. I hit 1000. Therefore in gratitude I am donating, appropriately some traditional chicken soup with vermicelli. Two bowlfuls.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Duke on Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:41 pm

This sounds awfully confusing.

I liked your cougar avatar more than this latest one, Doctor.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Alpaca on Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:49 pm

It's not really confusing. Just say how many pounds of noodles you donated, and Doc will convert them to a noodle count, and I'll update the thermometer.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Duke on Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:57 pm

Oh, all right. I will need to buy a scale, then.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Alpaca on Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:59 pm

Most boxes have net weight on them, to make it easier.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Duke on Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:02 pm

Alpaca wrote:Most boxes have net weight on them, to make it easier.

I hope Ramen does.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:29 pm

Ramen should for sure. If you're buying cases, it should say something like 24 x 50 g on the box. You might have to multiply.

The new avatar is... well, let's face it, I like to change avatars. JoD is going underground for a while. See the Hell Hole if you want the full explanation on the avatar... it's a brewery's logo with the obligatory crossbones. Unibroue is damned good beer... maybe the best made in Canada.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby StephyMerirosvo on Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:19 am

Yeah, I was just wondering if it actually got out of Quebec at a good level... I mean, can you buy them in grocery stores just aside Sleeman for example? (They don't have it up there in Finland, looking forward to go back home for vacation next summer and drink a lot of it!)
StephyMerirosvo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Duke on Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:27 pm

Okay people, we are talking about noodles, not beer! :wink:

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Griffin on Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:56 pm

mmmmmm beer noodles
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM